Replaced by Tech

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
California raises minimum wage to $20/hr. The state is shedding citizens, jobs and business faster than my cat sheds its winter coat and they raise the MW to $20/hr like that's not gonna speed the decline.
I think a Big Mac costs something like $20 in Cali so an employee has to work an hour just to buy one. That's just cuckoo bananas. Who the hell even wants to pay that for a crappy Big Mac? The day I pay $20 for a stinking hamburger will be the day I hope my wife mercifully kills me.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
California raises minimum wage to $20/hr. The state is shedding citizens, jobs and business faster than my cat sheds its winter coat and they raise the MW to $20/hr like that's not gonna speed the decline.
I think a Big Mac costs something like $20 in Cali so an employee has to work an hour just to buy one. That's just cuckoo bananas. Who the hell even wants to pay that for a crappy Big Mac? The day I pay $20 for a stinking hamburger will be the day I hope my wife mercifully kills me.
So the best way to lower prices is to reduce wages?

Or should we outlaw backhoes? Many a digger lost his job to those evil contraptions.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
So the best way to lower prices is to reduce wages?
Or ya know, elect govts that actually know what they're doing and not arbitrarily hike the minimum wage by several dollars an hour at a time to make up for their horrid policy failures.
Or should we outlaw backhoes? Many a digger lost his job to those evil contraptions.
What's better, getting paid less or not having a job at all because your employer simply can't afford to shell out $20/hr per employee? Or closes down altogether because nobody wants to pay the huge price increases.
Seriously, would you pay $20 for a fuckin' Big Mac?

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Hey, I'm all for limiting people to day labour at a buck an hour!

If they wanted better, they shoulda joined up for the educational benefits and gone to law school.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Dittto BC.

• Wow
Reactions: B00Mer