Refugee/Migrant Crisis

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Quebec overturns decision to deny French woman immigration documents for English chapter in thesis
Canadian Press
Published:
November 9, 2019
Updated:
November 9, 2019 3:49 PM EST
Emilie Dubois is shown in her office Friday, Nov. 8, 2019 in Quebec City.Jacques Boissinot / THE CANADIAN PRESS
MONTREAL — The Quebec government has overturned a decision to deny a French woman her Quebec immigration documents because a chapter of her PhD thesis was written in English.
The controversial ruling was invalidated abruptly on Friday after Emilie Dubois’ case gained international attention this week.
Dubois, a native of France whose mother tongue is French, had been denied a Quebec selection certificate after bureaucrats ruled her level of French wasn’t adequate under the Quebec experience program, a popular fast-track immigration program for foreign students and workers.
Dubois said she’s been assured a certificate will soon be sent that will allow her to move forward on her efforts to get permanent residency in Canada, to continue to operate her own business as she has since graduating and to remain in Quebec City.
“I cried,” she said. “I really felt like a weight on my shoulders had been lifted.”
Story continues below
In place since 2010, the popular program allows foreign students with a qualifying diploma or people with work experience in Quebec to receive an expedited selection certificate, which fast-tracks residency and makes it possible to stay in the province.
Dubois, a Quebec City-based scientific graphic designer who completed her doctorate at Universite Laval in January 2018, said she wrote one of five chapters of her thesis on cellular and molecular biology in English because it was based on an English article in a scientific journal.
Flabbergasted by the response, Dubois said she contacted the government.
“I told them, ’I don’t understand, I’m French, I’ve been speaking French since my childhood … so it’s nonsense you’re telling me I don’t speak French,”’ she recounted this week.
She then completed a ministry-recognized French test and sent the results by registered mail, but was told that her French still wasn’t good enough.
After not getting clear answers, she enlisted the aid of her local member of the national assembly, Catherine Dorion of opposition party Quebec solidaire, which got the case noticed.
After her story made headlines worldwide, she was told on Friday the initial decision was overruled.
“I got a call from someone from the Immigration Department who said the file had been reopened, revised, they looked at the documents and the final decision had been reversed,” Dubois said.
Dubois, 31, has lived in the provincial capital since 2012 after she moved from France to study at the university.
Also late Friday, Francois Legault’s government backtracked on changes to the Quebec experience program made by the province’s immigration minister amid a week of heavy criticism from students, businesses and university leaders across the province.
After teary pleas at the legislature from some of the students affected by the decision, Quebec announced Wednesday students already enrolled in the program would be grandfathered under the old rules, but changes would remain for new entrants that included reducing the number of programs.
Then on Friday evening, Immigration Minister Simon Jolin-Barrette wrote on Facebook the government was ordering a temporary suspension to reassure all involved.
Dubois said she hopes her case highlights problems with the way immigration decisions are made.
“I don’t want it to stop at me,” Dubois said. “It’s to help the whole community — all of Quebec — to make better decisions when it comes to immigration.”

http://torontosun.com/news/national...ation-documents-for-english-chapter-in-thesis

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Quebec overturns decision to deny French woman immigration documents for English chapter in thesis
Canadian Press
Published:
November 9, 2019
Updated:
November 9, 2019 3:49 PM EST
Emilie Dubois is shown in her office Friday, Nov. 8, 2019 in Quebec City.Jacques Boissinot / THE CANADIAN PRESS
MONTREAL — The Quebec government has overturned a decision to deny a French woman her Quebec immigration documents because a chapter of her PhD thesis was written in English.
The controversial ruling was invalidated abruptly on Friday after Emilie Dubois’ case gained international attention this week.
Dubois, a native of France whose mother tongue is French, had been denied a Quebec selection certificate after bureaucrats ruled her level of French wasn’t adequate under the Quebec experience program, a popular fast-track immigration program for foreign students and workers.
Dubois said she’s been assured a certificate will soon be sent that will allow her to move forward on her efforts to get permanent residency in Canada, to continue to operate her own business as she has since graduating and to remain in Quebec City.
“I cried,” she said. “I really felt like a weight on my shoulders had been lifted.”
Story continues below
In place since 2010, the popular program allows foreign students with a qualifying diploma or people with work experience in Quebec to receive an expedited selection certificate, which fast-tracks residency and makes it possible to stay in the province.
Dubois, a Quebec City-based scientific graphic designer who completed her doctorate at Universite Laval in January 2018, said she wrote one of five chapters of her thesis on cellular and molecular biology in English because it was based on an English article in a scientific journal.
Flabbergasted by the response, Dubois said she contacted the government.
“I told them, ’I don’t understand, I’m French, I’ve been speaking French since my childhood … so it’s nonsense you’re telling me I don’t speak French,”’ she recounted this week.
She then completed a ministry-recognized French test and sent the results by registered mail, but was told that her French still wasn’t good enough.
After not getting clear answers, she enlisted the aid of her local member of the national assembly, Catherine Dorion of opposition party Quebec solidaire, which got the case noticed.
After her story made headlines worldwide, she was told on Friday the initial decision was overruled.
“I got a call from someone from the Immigration Department who said the file had been reopened, revised, they looked at the documents and the final decision had been reversed,” Dubois said.
Dubois, 31, has lived in the provincial capital since 2012 after she moved from France to study at the university.
Also late Friday, Francois Legault’s government backtracked on changes to the Quebec experience program made by the province’s immigration minister amid a week of heavy criticism from students, businesses and university leaders across the province.
After teary pleas at the legislature from some of the students affected by the decision, Quebec announced Wednesday students already enrolled in the program would be grandfathered under the old rules, but changes would remain for new entrants that included reducing the number of programs.
Then on Friday evening, Immigration Minister Simon Jolin-Barrette wrote on Facebook the government was ordering a temporary suspension to reassure all involved.
Dubois said she hopes her case highlights problems with the way immigration decisions are made.
“I don’t want it to stop at me,” Dubois said. “It’s to help the whole community — all of Quebec — to make better decisions when it comes to immigration.”

http://torontosun.com/news/national...ation-documents-for-english-chapter-in-thesis

Ah yes- as I have said - the Do Nothing Brigade is FULLY in charge in Ottawa at this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quebec is enjoying its SPECIAL STATUS - selecting immigrants ACCORDING to QUEBEC NEEDS AND VALUES......................

while Ontari-owe and Alberta and others get LIE-berally SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alberta and Ontari-owe have the DUBIOUS HONOUR of supplying tax gravy so that LIE-berals can BUY VOTES in Quebec with the

blatantly discriminatory federal equalization payments - that really DO A GOOD JOB of revealing how UN-EQUAL we all are!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In related news- Toronto officials and various groups are arguing over whether the homeless shelter system is full or not!!!!!!!!!!!

Some Priest has witnessed homeless people being turned away from shelters "that are full"......................

and he insists that this PROVES we need many more shelters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The GOOF DOES NOT ASK if the shelter turning people away happens to be THE ONLY ONE in the city that is full!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

City employees insist that most shelters have beds for those that want them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After all - we know that some shelters are more heavily patronized than others............................

depending on various factors like pan handling success in certain districts............................

or if it is snowing then homeless people like to congregate on subway grates blowing warm air..................

and if it is raining then homeless people go indoors and do not travel about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of this is to indicate the OBVIOUS - that homeless move about according to their own needs and preferences.....................

and just because some homeless are turned away from a shelter..............................

DOES NOT MEAN the entire system is overloaded and collapsing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though it is CLEAR that having homeless shelters jammed into your neighbourhood IS BECOMING A HOT ELECTION ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!

Along with the crime and drunken behaviour and drug abuse that shelter "clients" bring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And of course the Ottawa Do Nothing Brigade will NOT deal with the growing population of illegals, drug addicts and crazy people!!

Ottawa LIE-berals CONTINUE to screw Ontari-owe out of federal funds for tending to the illegals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the majority of Cdns convinced that we are being treated AS SUCKERS and that LIE-berals should TIGHTEN the border!!!!!!!!

Our idiot Boy LOVES ILLEGALS because such people will SELL HIM theirv votes CHEAPLY ...................................

but Our idiot Boy also treats the illegals as if he were a dead beat dad - refusing to pay agreed upon SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
LEVY: An inside look at new refugee shelter program
Sue-Ann Levy
Published:
November 11, 2019
Updated:
November 11, 2019 8:24 AM EST
Homes First Society CEO Patricia Mueller says she wants to “make a difference” with the new refugee shelter on north Yonge St.
In fact, she has renamed the shelter — to be housed on two floors in the former North York hydro building — the “Willowdale Welcome Centre.”
Mueller said the owners of the building, Times Group Corp. — themselves immigrants, felt the need to “give back” to the community.
The site was listed in the 2019 budget with $3 million set aside should it be needed.
It has sat idle until now.
During a sit-down meeting and tour on Friday, photographer Stan Behal and I heard that other than the smaller Sojourn House, this is really the first shelter of its kind in Toronto — a housing program specifically for newcomers.
“We think by collecting them together we will have a social benefit of community,” Mueller said.
“People together will share their stories … they will share how they’ve navigated the system and I think that will help even further.”
The first set of refugees — she prefers to call them “newcomers” because of the potential stigma attached to refugees — will start arriving Tuesday under a phased approach that will see them at full capacity by the end of the second week.
They will be coming from shelters — not hotels or motels.
Their mandate is to serve 200 refugees to free up space in traditional shelters, she says.
Last week, a city spokesman told me the flow of refugees coming into Toronto continues unabated.
Some 36% of shelter space is currently occupied by refugee/asylum claimants and from Oct. 3-9 alone 158 claimants arrived in Toronto seeking shelter, the city spokesman said.
LEVY: North York refugee shelter to be 'activated'
LEVY: Yonge St. building to house refugee overflow?
LEVY: When it comes to consultation and shelter beds, the city never learns
LEVY: Federal cash for refugees still a non-starter
The main floor of the spacious, airy and bright 80,000-square-foot former hydro building will serve up to 80 men; the second floor will house up to 120 women.
Co-ed dining rooms will be provided on both floors.
Each space — “measured out according to shelter standards,” says Jamie Facciolo, Homes First’s director of housing and shelters — contains beds, not cots.
Every refugee client will also have a locker to store their valuables, something I’ve been pushing for in respite shelters.
Mueller said when each client comes in they will do a “needs and wants” process to see where people are in their settlement services.
From that, she said they will “design supports” for each of them to move along in the continuum — housing services and employment programs to help them put together resumes and find jobs.
She says they’ll also be providing rec programs, considered an “important part of the integration and connection with fellow residents.”
“My goal is to meet people where they’re at and support them to get where they want to go as quickly as possible,” says Mueller.
Facciolo said they will always have two security guards on duty and four staff on each floor 24-7.
During the day there will be intensive case management staff, community development and programming supervisors as well.
Mueller said Homes First operates 13 housing sites and eight shelters on a continuum of homelessness.
Although they are required to provide harm reduction services, the population they’re serving at the refugee shelter will be a on a “different continuum” than some of the larger or low-barrier shelters — meaning most probably won’t need them.
The information session planned for Nov. 21 will not be a “meeting,” she adds. It will instead be a drop-in opportunity to present their approach and staffing model to the community. She’s hoping people in attendance will also offer to volunteer.
As the tour ended — and many of my questions were answered — I wondered why city staff and politicians forever make it worse for themselves by keeping controversial shelters like this a deep dark secret — until after their doors open.
They create more problems for themselves by not being forthright.
SLevy@postmedia.com
http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/levy-an-inside-look-at-a-new-refugee-shelter-program

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
LEVY: An inside look at new refugee shelter program
Sue-Ann Levy
Published:
November 11, 2019
Updated:
November 11, 2019 8:24 AM EST
Homes First Society CEO Patricia Mueller says she wants to “make a difference” with the new refugee shelter on north Yonge St.
In fact, she has renamed the shelter — to be housed on two floors in the former North York hydro building — the “Willowdale Welcome Centre.”
Mueller said the owners of the building, Times Group Corp. — themselves immigrants, felt the need to “give back” to the community.
The site was listed in the 2019 budget with $3 million set aside should it be needed.
It has sat idle until now.
During a sit-down meeting and tour on Friday, photographer Stan Behal and I heard that other than the smaller Sojourn House, this is really the first shelter of its kind in Toronto — a housing program specifically for newcomers.
“We think by collecting them together we will have a social benefit of community,” Mueller said.
“People together will share their stories … they will share how they’ve navigated the system and I think that will help even further.”
The first set of refugees — she prefers to call them “newcomers” because of the potential stigma attached to refugees — will start arriving Tuesday under a phased approach that will see them at full capacity by the end of the second week.
They will be coming from shelters — not hotels or motels.
Their mandate is to serve 200 refugees to free up space in traditional shelters, she says.
Last week, a city spokesman told me the flow of refugees coming into Toronto continues unabated.
Some 36% of shelter space is currently occupied by refugee/asylum claimants and from Oct. 3-9 alone 158 claimants arrived in Toronto seeking shelter, the city spokesman said.
LEVY: North York refugee shelter to be 'activated'
LEVY: Yonge St. building to house refugee overflow?
LEVY: When it comes to consultation and shelter beds, the city never learns
LEVY: Federal cash for refugees still a non-starter
The main floor of the spacious, airy and bright 80,000-square-foot former hydro building will serve up to 80 men; the second floor will house up to 120 women.
Co-ed dining rooms will be provided on both floors.
Each space — “measured out according to shelter standards,” says Jamie Facciolo, Homes First’s director of housing and shelters — contains beds, not cots.
Every refugee client will also have a locker to store their valuables, something I’ve been pushing for in respite shelters.
Mueller said when each client comes in they will do a “needs and wants” process to see where people are in their settlement services.
From that, she said they will “design supports” for each of them to move along in the continuum — housing services and employment programs to help them put together resumes and find jobs.
She says they’ll also be providing rec programs, considered an “important part of the integration and connection with fellow residents.”
“My goal is to meet people where they’re at and support them to get where they want to go as quickly as possible,” says Mueller.
Facciolo said they will always have two security guards on duty and four staff on each floor 24-7.
During the day there will be intensive case management staff, community development and programming supervisors as well.
Mueller said Homes First operates 13 housing sites and eight shelters on a continuum of homelessness.
Although they are required to provide harm reduction services, the population they’re serving at the refugee shelter will be a on a “different continuum” than some of the larger or low-barrier shelters — meaning most probably won’t need them.
The information session planned for Nov. 21 will not be a “meeting,” she adds. It will instead be a drop-in opportunity to present their approach and staffing model to the community. She’s hoping people in attendance will also offer to volunteer.
As the tour ended — and many of my questions were answered — I wondered why city staff and politicians forever make it worse for themselves by keeping controversial shelters like this a deep dark secret — until after their doors open.
They create more problems for themselves by not being forthright.
SLevy@postmedia.com
http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/levy-an-inside-look-at-a-new-refugee-shelter-program

Sue-Ann Levy DOES WRITE INTERESTING ARTICLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And is it not amusing that our LIE-beral overlords have decided it is best to keep the "newcomer" illegals............................

AWAY from the drug addicts and hookers in more conventional and older shelters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes- it will be easier for LIE-berals to BUY "newcomer" votes if they are housed - AT OUR EXPENSE.........................

in nicer surroundings than what the typical ADDICT gets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being lumped in with hookers and addicts would clearly be OFFENSIVE for an illegal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Canadian newcomers resent illegal immigrant queue-jumpers
Postmedia News
Published:
November 12, 2019
Updated:
November 12, 2019 11:01 AM EST
A couple claiming to be from Turkey cross the U.S.-Canada border into Canada, February 23, 2017 in Hemmingford, Quebec, Canada.=(Drew Angerer/Getty Images)
Those who legally enter Canada from other countries have a disdain for illegal immigrants who jump the queue, according to research by the country’s immigration department.
According to the government administration news website Blacklock’s Reporter, a survey conducted by Ipsos Public Affairs stated there’s an “underlying sense of unfairness when compared to experiences of other immigrants.”
“Some felt this situation was unfair, that these individuals are jumping what they view as an immigration queue,” the survey noted.
An official estimate pegs the federal government has lost $1.4 billion in three years thanks to illegal immigration.
Between January 1, 2017 and October 1, 2019, the RCMP has picked up 52,097 people entering the country illegally, Blacklock’s Reporter reported. Those individuals mainly composed of Haitians and Nigerians.
Story continues below
This advertisement has not loaded yet,
but your article continues below.
Hosting the illegal immigrants comes with a cost — which includes food, shelter, transportation and schooling. According to the Parliamentary Budget Office, about $1.1 billion in direct federal costs were spent on hosting, with an additional $371.5 million paid to authorities in Ontario, Quebec, British Columbia and Manitoba in cost compensations.
The Ipsos survey, entitled 2018-19 Annual Tracking Study, got feedback from landed immigrants who participated in focus groups. The groups called the number of asylum seekers “a significant number” with some Chinese participants noting the number is “disproportionately higher than Canada’s population can absorb.”
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada paid Ipsos $249,823 to conduct the survey.
Ipsos interviewed 4,004 people in 14 focus groups in Toronto, Mississauga and North York, Ont., Winnipeg, Vancouver and Moncton. Participants were from Chinese, Filipino, Middle Eastern, Caribbean and African descent.
One of the participants reportedly told Ipsos researchers that there’s an apparent “loophole in the system” that allows illegal immigrants to “cross (the border) and just put in their papers.”
“They can lie to the Canadian government,’ another told researchers, according to Blacklock’s Reporter.
Others in the focus groups told researchers they worked really hard to get here and there was no support and no help”, or that they are angered that “everybody is coming in.”
One citizen survey noted: “Your English has to be good, you do all these tests, your health has to be good, then you land in Canada and find people here who don’t speak English and you wonder, are there double standards?”
Those surveys felt the federal government was doing a poor job at regulating illegal immigration and felt the United States should take some responsibility to prevent irregular crossings in order for Canada to “effectively screen asylum seekers.”
Blacklock’s Reporter noted officials previously told the Senate national finance committee that asylum seekers spend an average of two years in Canada waiting to hear if they will be deported.
Associate deputy immigration minister Michael MacDonald said the processing time for illegal immigrants has gone up to about 24 months.
In testimony to the Commons immigration committee in March 2018, Immigration Minister Ahmed Hussen told MPs he considered asylum seekers as illegal immigrants.
“I’m happy to use ‘illegal’,” he said. “I have used the word ‘illegal’ and I have used the word ‘irregular’ and I think both are accurate. I have no qualms in using the term.”
http://blacklocks.ca/they-resent-queue-jumpers
http://torontosun.com/news/national/canadian-newcomers-resent-illegal-immigrant-queue-jumpers

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Canadian newcomers resent illegal immigrant queue-jumpers
Postmedia News
Published:
November 12, 2019
Updated:
November 12, 2019 11:01 AM EST
A couple claiming to be from Turkey cross the U.S.-Canada border into Canada, February 23, 2017 in Hemmingford, Quebec, Canada.=(Drew Angerer/Getty Images)
Those who legally enter Canada from other countries have a disdain for illegal immigrants who jump the queue, according to research by the country’s immigration department.
According to the government administration news website Blacklock’s Reporter, a survey conducted by Ipsos Public Affairs stated there’s an “underlying sense of unfairness when compared to experiences of other immigrants.”
“Some felt this situation was unfair, that these individuals are jumping what they view as an immigration queue,” the survey noted.
An official estimate pegs the federal government has lost $1.4 billion in three years thanks to illegal immigration.
Between January 1, 2017 and October 1, 2019, the RCMP has picked up 52,097 people entering the country illegally, Blacklock’s Reporter reported. Those individuals mainly composed of Haitians and Nigerians.
Story continues below
Hosting the illegal immigrants comes with a cost — which includes food, shelter, transportation and schooling. According to the Parliamentary Budget Office, about $1.1 billion in direct federal costs were spent on hosting, with an additional $371.5 million paid to authorities in Ontario, Quebec, British Columbia and Manitoba in cost compensations.
The Ipsos survey, entitled 2018-19 Annual Tracking Study, got feedback from landed immigrants who participated in focus groups. The groups called the number of asylum seekers “a significant number” with some Chinese participants noting the number is “disproportionately higher than Canada’s population can absorb.”
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada paid Ipsos $249,823 to conduct the survey.
Ipsos interviewed 4,004 people in 14 focus groups in Toronto, Mississauga and North York, Ont., Winnipeg, Vancouver and Moncton. Participants were from Chinese, Filipino, Middle Eastern, Caribbean and African descent.
One of the participants reportedly told Ipsos researchers that there’s an apparent “loophole in the system” that allows illegal immigrants to “cross (the border) and just put in their papers.”
“They can lie to the Canadian government,’ another told researchers, according to Blacklock’s Reporter.
Others in the focus groups told researchers they worked really hard to get here and there was no support and no help”, or that they are angered that “everybody is coming in.”
One citizen survey noted: “Your English has to be good, you do all these tests, your health has to be good, then you land in Canada and find people here who don’t speak English and you wonder, are there double standards?”
Those surveys felt the federal government was doing a poor job at regulating illegal immigration and felt the United States should take some responsibility to prevent irregular crossings in order for Canada to “effectively screen asylum seekers.”
Blacklock’s Reporter noted officials previously told the Senate national finance committee that asylum seekers spend an average of two years in Canada waiting to hear if they will be deported.
Associate deputy immigration minister Michael MacDonald said the processing time for illegal immigrants has gone up to about 24 months.
In testimony to the Commons immigration committee in March 2018, Immigration Minister Ahmed Hussen told MPs he considered asylum seekers as illegal immigrants.
“I’m happy to use ‘illegal’,” he said. “I have used the word ‘illegal’ and I have used the word ‘irregular’ and I think both are accurate. I have no qualms in using the term.”
http://blacklocks.ca/they-resent-queue-jumpers
http://torontosun.com/news/national/canadian-newcomers-resent-illegal-immigrant-queue-jumpers
Sadly Bernier and his party got pilloried for pointing this out .

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Refugee shelter to cost taxpayers nearly $1M per month
Sue-Ann Levy
Published:
November 13, 2019
Updated:
November 13, 2019 9:13 PM EST
5800 Yonge St. (Google Maps)
A former North York hydro site now being used as a refugee shelter is costing taxpayers at least $1-million per month, the Toronto Sun has confirmed.
The city is paying $42,000 per month to the Times Group Corp. to use the 5800 Yonge St. site, which opened its doors on Tuesday.
City spokesman Andrea Gonsalves also confirmed the city has been paying the monthly rent to the owner since January of this year even though the site sat vacant until this week.
But that’s not all. Gonsalves said it is costing the city another $45,000 per month to provide heat and light to this 80,000-square-foot building, about two-thirds of which is being used to house some 200 refugees, 120 of them female and another 80 male.
Homes First Society Patricia Mueller told the Toronto Sun during a tour of the facility last Friday that the owners of the building felt the need to “give back” to the community.
Story continues below
The owners didn’t attend the tour, but were quoted in subsequent media stories as saying their company is bringing in a “lot less” than it would have if they’d rented it as a commercial property.
They purchased the building in early 2018 for $122.5 million.
Gonsalves said the cost per day to house each refugee is $140. At 200, that amounts to at least another $840,000 per month.
Mueller told the Toronto Sun Wednesday they have 40 clients with another 60 to arrive Thursday and 20 on Friday. They will be up to full capacity next week when the remaining 80 arrive, she said.
She added that everyone “loves the site.”
LEVY: The intolerant radicals and their Meghan Murphy circus
LEVY: A man's marathon effort to get his life back
LEVY: What has happened to my city?
During last Friday’s tour, Mueller said she has named the facility the “Willowdale Welcome Centre” and that it is the first of its kind in Toronto–a housing program specifically for newcomers.
The Sun earlier this year came across the plans for the building earlier this year, noticing an obscure $3-million line item in the 2019 budget under new and enhanced priorities — described in the budget as costs to transition motel clients to 5,800 Yonge St.
SLevy@postmedia.com
http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/refugee-shelter-to-cost-taxpayers-nearly-1-m-per-month

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Croatian police fire on illegal migrants near Slovenian border
Reuters
Published:
November 17, 2019
Updated:
November 17, 2019 9:58 AM EST
Migrants leave a police bus as they arrive at Vucjak camp near Bihac, Bosnia and Herzegovina, November 15, 2019. (REUTERS/Marko Djurica)
SARAJEVO — Croatian police fired on a group of illegal migrants trying to reach neighboring Slovenia late on Saturday, leaving one man critically injured, officials in the northern Adriatic town of Rijeka said.
Croatian Interior Minister Davor Bozinovic told reporters that the group was probably trying to cross into Slovenia, but did not say how many people were in the group or give their nationalities.
Croatia is on a route taken by many migrants from the Middle East and central Asia trying to reach wealthier EU states. Some cross into Croatia from Bosnia undeclared.
“Police officers were preventing the passage of a group which most probably wanted to reach Slovenia,” Bozinovic told media late on Saturday, adding that one man was wounded probably due to the use of firearms.
A doctor at the Rijeka Clinical Hospital Centre said the man in a critical condition had suffered gunshot wounds.
Story continues below
“The patient was admitted for urgent surgery after sustaining gunshot wounds in the area of thorax and stomach,” the doctor told Reuters by telephone on Sunday. “He is in a life-threatening condition and intensive medical treatment is continuing.”
Bozinovic said regional authorities would investigate the incident, which took place in the mountainous Gorski Kotar area close to Rijeka, which is around 20 km from the Slovenian border.
Croatia, which wants to join the EU’s border-free Schengen area, has to convince Brussels that it is able to effectively manage the bloc’s external border, a particularly sensitive issue since Europe’s 2015 migrant crisis.
Neighboring Bosnia, which has become a migrant hot-spot since 2018, has repeatedly accused Croatia of returning migrants to Bosnia even when they are found deep in its territory. Many migrants have been complaining of brutality of Croatian police officers, allegations that Croatia has dismissed.
http://torontosun.com/news/world/croatian-police-fire-on-illegal-migrants-near-slovenian-border

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
F**king hypocrite!

"F**king hypocrite" is a phrase used by Joyless LIE-beral Monkey.................................

to describe people who tell the truth about him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And just a reminder of the TRUE HYPOCRITE::::::::::

Oh Joyless LIE-beral Monkey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL IS REVEALED AND EXPLAINED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO WONDER your set of personal values was so SCHIZOPHRENIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have spent a LIFE TIME demanding and defending civil service union HOG ENTITLEMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now that you are retired - you are FIGHTING TOOTH AND NAIL TO ENSURE that FREE MARKET CAPITALISM is forced on ALL CDNS!!!!!!!!!!

Simply to ensure that your HOG PENSION stretches to cover ALL the entitlements you feel ENTITLED to enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have written before about this HOG schizophrenia that demands SOCIALISM FOR HOGS and wage and price reducing Capitalism for all others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now as the gravy runs out - you HOGS are turning on each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can a Joyless LIE-beral Monkey keep his property taxes LOW if teacher HOGS get BIG PAY RAISES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can a Joyless LIE-beral HOG keep his electrical bills low if Hydro HOGS get BIG PAY RAISES????????????????/

How much will it cost the Joyless Monkey to heat his home with natural gas or drive his car if Our idiot Boy follows through and manages to HUGELY HIKE the cost of all fossil fuels????????????????????

And how much Joyless Monkey income will be LOST to taxes if Our idiot Boy keeps on bringing in those hordes of unskilled and ill educated illegals who will REQUIRE LIFE LONG GOVT AID just to survive here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And how much MORE Joyless Income will be lost if NDPees get to pull a bunch of LIE-beral minority govt strings and create the kind of conditions that previously LED TO THE NOTORIOUS RAE DAYS here in Ontari-owe - where HOGS were sent home for FORCED UNPAID DAYS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And HOW UNPLEASANT FOR you to be watching FAILED LIE-beral policies driving so many Cdns into the arms of those Ford and Scheer and Kenney Conservatives and into the the Quebec CAQ as well!! How awkward that Cdns are growing FOND of govts that do NOT suck up to HOGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN 2012 - Cdn news media told us that the FEDERAL GOVT OWED OVER THREE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS IN THE FORM OF DEFERRED PENSION PAYMENTS TO HOGS and then STOPPED TALKING ABOUT HOG DEBT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVEN MORE ALARMING - that three hundred billion dollar bill DOES NOT COVER THE OTHER THREE LEVELS OF GOVT - meaning provincial, municipal and the arms length Crown Corporations like Metrolinx and E-health and the colleges, hospitals and universities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!! LIE-berals made HUGE PROMISES TO PAY LATER - in exchange for HOG VOTES NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now LIE-berals CANNOT PAY and HOGS ARE GETTING DESPERATE!!!

LIE-berals CANNOT PAY for TWO REASONS - first we are getting perilously close to the debt wall so borrowing is being curtailed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Secondly - LIE-beral ability to ROB PETER TO BRIBE PAUL with tax games has foundered on PETER`S GROWING RAGE AT BEING RIPPED OFF!!!!!

Retired HOGS like Joyless LIE-beral Monkey NEED for BOTH LIE-berals and currently working HOGS to make major contributions to their HOG pension plans - to STAVE OFF Pension PLAN BANKRUPTCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About 6 years ago the outgoing chairman of the OSSTF - Ontari-owe high school teachers pension fund management team - came on TVO/The Agenda and discussed some ALARMING NUMBERS - SUCH AS THE fifteen billion dollar debt that OSSTF had run up in the previous 5 years as pension payouts emptied HOG coffers faster than the money came in - thanks to those DEFERRED LIE-beral pay promises!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The outgoing chairman- who was apparently something of a blabber mouth made it be known that within about 5 more years- which takes us up to June 2018 - OSSTF WOULD REQUIRE MAJOR NEW LIE-beral pension payments to stave off eventual OSSTF PENSION BANKRUPTCY since HOG entitlements were draining the allegedly “under funded” pension plan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some simple extrapolation of the numbers supplied by the OSSTF pension chief indicate that the $15 billion dollars in debt that existed when he came on the show - would GROW to about $55 billion dollars in new debt and deferred interest payments - by June 2018!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And in light of this OSSTF NEED - WE SEE WHY LIE-berals were so excited about using our electricity system as a GIANT LIE-beral slush fund!! Wynne-BAG had stood in front of teacher HOGS and told them that her govt “Would do whatever was necessary to win their trust”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And of course what was NECESSARY was to pay off the $55 billion dollars in accumulated pension DEBT to HOGS!! Problem is we DID NOT have the gravy when the promises were made and we are EVEN FURTHER in debt NOW!!!!!!!!!

And it ALSO EXPLAINS WHY Wynne-bag LIE-berals sold off a PART of the electricity system to THEIR PALS - and then slammed shut the books - citing FAKE PRIVACY CONCERNS - so we peasants could not see what was being done with the gravy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals did their BEST to win HOG “TRUST” - and WHERE IS Wynne-bag now?? HOG GREED is INSATIABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pension managers at other HOG unions are much more discreet and THEY AINT TALKING about whatever GRAND LIE-beral IOU`s they are holding!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And THAT IS the great HOG DILEMMA isnt it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHO TO VOTE FOR?? And WHO will HONOUR the HOG GREED for gravy??

LIE-berals have tipped their hand- between 2015 and 2019- HOGS GOT nice new pay raises -and also got two grand in NEW TAXES so they actually LOST MONEY with the LIE-beral Bait and Switch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is some good sense in choosing a Conservative who will keep HOG wage gains and taxes lower so the existing pension will stretch farther and this will please pensioners in th short term!!

Conservatives will definitely keep the economy more stable but they WILL NOT concern themselves with paying shameless vote buying PROMISES made by LIE-berals - meaning HOG pension plans will be ERODED and HOGS DO NOT wish to live like old GM workers and others - whose pension payouts have been REDUCED SEVERAL TIMES as GM falters and the gravy runs LOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or maybe a vote for one of the idiot cousins - meaning NDPees or Greenies - and thus snubbing LIE-beral promise breakers MIGHT BE FUN in the short term - but the idiot Cousins are even DUMBER and LESS RELIABLE than their LIE-beral relatives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes- LIE-beral IOU`s ARE NOT WORTH the paper they are printed on!! And LIE-beral assurances of their love of the middle class FOUNDERED in that rob Peter to pay Paul deal - with HOGS GETTING BOTH A PAY RAISE -and those carbon tax SCAMS that put UP the price of EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its BAD ENOUGH that HOGS are going short on gravy!! But it is even worse that the public KNOWS it is HOG GREED and LIE-beral vote buying that is driving virtually ALL our social and economic problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So WHAT IS A HOG TO DO?? Other than start to WHINE about how hard they had it in the good old days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many HOGS were GRATEFUL for that govt job back in 1921?? You recall that history - in that summer tens of thousands of UN-EMPLOYED EX CDN servicemen converged on Winnipeg to join the “Winnipeg General Strike” in a show of rage and frustration at being so poor - that they SHUT DOWN the entire city!! Yes - Winnipeg was three days away from STARVATION due to the city being so completely CLOSED BY POVERTY STRICKEN STRIKERS!!!!!!!!!!!

So the govt rounded up a bunch of ELDERLY RCMP officers- meaning ones TOO OLD to have been on the WW1 front lines and thus less likely to have friends and relatives among the strikers- the RCMP got machine guns and turned them on the strikers - 3 dead and 100 wounded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you think the HOGS were grateful to have their govt jobs ON THAT DAY - compared to the UNEMPLOYED THOUSANDS OF STRIKERS??????????????

Or did the HOGS shrug and simply get BACK TO WORK - grabbing gravy!!!!!!!!

So things got better for HOGS between 1921 and 1929- and then oh dear- THE GREAT CRASH AND THE DIRTY THIRTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And HOW MANY HOGS gave thanks for their NICE STEADY GOVT JOBS that kept them out of the soup kitchens and bread lines between 1929 - 1939?????????

And then WW2 came along and everybody suffered!! But oh happy day- the good guys won and the Good Life returned and HOG DEMANDS ESCALATED WILDLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was it not in 1967 that Daryl Bean - the head of the Cdn Letter carriers came on the radio - after another BRUTAL POSTIE STRIKE - to openly BOAST: “That Cdn posties are now the BEST PAID CIVIL SERVANTS ON THE PLANET”!!!!!

Yes- 3 generations of HOGS riding the gravy train and the richest country on the planet IS NOW BANKRUPT and facing the Debt Wall!! We now have debts SO SEVERE that it will TAKE CENTURIES to get paid off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aint that NICE to know HOGS have been so well tended to for so long?? But it AINT GOOD ENOUGH FOR the Joyless LIE-beral Monkey - or his PIGGIE PALS!!!!!!!!!!!!

And there is the BIG ISSUE of our day - that LIE-BERALS CANNOT BE TRUSTED to spend wisely- and HOG GREED IS INSATIABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All our political issues come back to those two statements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great article!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAQ is CLOSING some of the back door entries into Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So that potential spies and political agitators cannot INFLUENCE our elections!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are ALREADY TOO MANY FOREIGN BORN Asshats influencing our politics........................

for reasons that are grossly selfish and often HOSTILE to Cdn interests!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did you say you are from, again?

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
LILLEY: Economic migrants flourish, others flail in Trudeau's Canada
Brian Lilley
Published:
November 18, 2019
Updated:
November 18, 2019 6:19 PM EST
In this file photo taken on Feb. 27, 2019, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau speaks to the media before Question Period in Ottawa.LARS HAGBERG / AFP/Getty Images
If Canada is going to have a successful immigration system, then it has to be done right and right now, it’s too often not.
From the border mess at Roxham Road to new data showing certain types of settlement working better than others, we have a system in flux and the Trudeau government has to fix it.
Don’t take this as anti-immigrant, I’m anything but that.
I don’t just utter the line that we are all immigrants, I live it. Tracing my family tree in this country can be accomplished by calling my parents who arrived in this country during the 1960s.
My neighbourhood growing up in Hamilton was a veritable United Nations, as was my school.
Story continues below
Yet that doesn’t mean all paths to Canada work out as well as the other and recent data from the federal government shows in stark figures what that can mean.
When people come to Canada, they hope for a better life — and despite the claims from the anti-immigrant set — most immigrants to Canada not only find it, they add to the country. According to federal figures from the federal immigration department, economic class immigrants were net contributors to Canada in 2016.
Internal government documents show that federal economic class immigrants were a net benefit of $5,431 in 2016 while provincial economic class immigrants were a net benefit to the tune of $5,307. The net benefit is the tax paid after accounting for any services or government transfers received.
On the other end of the spectrum, we find the results of the Syrian refugee resettlement.
On that file, it really is a tale of two cities. On the one hand, we have the privately-sponsored refugees who have adapted to Canada much quicker and with more ease than — on the other hand — government-sponsored refugees. They have not fared as well.
A report by the immigration department released earlier this year found that 93% of government-sponsored refugees ended up claiming social assistance during their first year in Canada compared to just 2% of Syrian refugees brought in through private sponsorships.
There are many reasons for this, but the first among them has to be the way the different streams operate. Privately-sponsored refugees have a community around them when they arrive, people willing to help them find lodging, a job, a helping hand to learn English, a natural pathway to integrate into their community.
LILLEY: Premiers look for unity while Trudeau surfs
LILLEY: Trudeau, not Scheer, is weakened, and Conservatives need to act like that
LILLEY: Trudeau puts on contrite act for the West
The government-sponsored refugee has a caseworker that however well-meaning, isn’t as invested in the well-being of that family, has several other families or cases to worry about and isn’t going to be able to bring about that same sort of community connection that leads to a successful integration.
We see it in the income stats, as well. In 2017, privately-sponsored Syrian refugees who arrived in 2016 reported an average income of $19,700 while their government-sponsored counterparts reported an average income of just $10,700.
Successful integration of immigrants requires helping people stand on their own, making sure that they can find a job, support their family and have a sense of belonging in the community.
When the Syrian refugee plan was being put into action, the Trudeau government was told they should rely on the generosity of Canadians, the thousands lined up to act as private sponsors. They made a policy decision that the majority of those brought in should come through the government stream.
That decision had real world consequences for the people that arrived. Fewer community connections, fewer opportunities, a greater reliance on social assistance.
Getting it right on immigration isn’t just about making sure you keep the public onside, though that helps. It is also about making sure that the end result benefits Canada and the people we are bringing in.
http://torontosun.com/news/national...ants-flourish-others-flail-in-trudeaus-canada

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
It is also about making sure that the end result benefits Canada and the people we are bringing in.

...but NOT The peeps already here?
;)
being metis, I ask myself where have we seen this game before...

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Where did you say you are from, again?

Whats it to you Comrade??????????????????????

I AM CDN Born.............genuine article.............................

and apparently MUCH MORE INTERESTED IN THE HEALTH AND WELFARE..............................

of the Cdn population than you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is an article that ought to be food for thought for you and your kids- if you have any - and for our resident Bluebyrd35 as well ......

who has not had much to say lately - to busy lounging by the pool at her second home in Arizona I guess.......................................

Here is an article illustrating how LIE-beral tax games are screwing us all!! With some comments of my own in brackets):

Isn’t it time the wealthy paid fair taxes?

Robin V. Sears - Columnist. Toronto Star

Published April 21, 2019

“The proposal to decrease the capital exemption rate is a good one and would certainly increase the progressivity of the income tax system,” writes Robin V. Sears. “However, it is not a substitute for a tax on inheritances.”

(And WHY SHOULD there be a tax on inheritance?? After all the people who piled up the resources that will be inherited generally paid a FIFTY PERCENT or more income tax rate while earning that money!! AND THEN PAID income tax on the interest generated by their earnings !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(There is a further issue related to inheritance- that LIE-beral govt is generally wasteful and foolish with money - while the children of frugal parents are often themselves frugal as well and well and thus will make good use of the cash!!!!!!!!)

(Those children who inherit income and who are NOT FRUGAL - will quickly spend it all anyway -and thus govt WILL get its hands on the money in the end!!!!)
The wealthy are expert at hanging on to their wealth, often through concealing its existence in tax shelters, offshore, and in private corporations. It’s part of the reason our wealth inequality is now growing very fast.

(That statement about off shore tax havens is bullsh+t in our modern computer age -where multiple western govts routinely share tax income information about the people working within their borders!! The Paradise Papers Scandal in which multiple wealthy Cdns - including chief LIE-beral fund raiser Bronfman -were revealed to have cash secreted in Carribean banks - away from the Cdb tax man - also revealed that most of that money was essentially stranded down there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(The money that Cdns deposited in Carribean tax havens in the past generally arrived there PRIOR to the current tax regime!! Other money that goes into and out of the tax havens now in current real time is out of reach of Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) anyway because it is dirty money that criminals do not and will not report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(As for the trust funds and tax shelters and corporate deals offered to wealthy Cdns- all this has been argued through - if you want corporate investors to create jobs in Canada then you must allow them to make a profit!! Foolish LIE-berals play DIRTY GAMES with corporate profit - one has only to look at how they whine about global warming - and then turn around and offer tax breaks to auto makers!!!!!!!!!)

(Shortly before Wynne-bag LIE-berals were mauled by angry voters in the June 2018 Ontari-owe election - Wynne-bag had a photo op in which she proudly handed over a couple of hundred MILLION DOLLARS to the Honda plant in Alliston Ont!! If we are in the midst of a climate emergency then WHY are LIE-berals offering cash to car makers?????????????????)

(Or should we assume that getting LIE-berals re-elected takes priority over the environment?? Certainly the LIE-beral carbon tax SCAM is all about grabbing gravy from wallets and leaving the dirt in the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

The Trudeau government is fond of bragging about how much its tax changes have done to bring tax fairness to families. Their increases in child benefit payments and changes in pensions have been helpful. But this government has done almost nothing to ensure that the wealthy pay a fair share of tax.

(The “help” LIE-berals gave to families has resulted in a NET INCREASE in taxes paid - families now pay an average of two thousand dollars MORE in taxes than 4 years ago - once all the pay raises and carbon crap is factored in!! And in the last 4 years - federal LIE-berals have ADDED NINETY BILLION DOLLARS in new debt to our national load - today`s deficit is tomorrow`s NEW TAX LOAD!!!!!!!!)

(Families REALLY CANNOT AFFORD much more LIE-beral “aid”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Thomas Piketty, the French economist, pointed out in Capital in the 21st Century that progressive income taxes without parallel taxation of inherited wealth cannot narrow the widening gap between rich and poor. Year over year investment income grows faster than wages. In the five years up to 2016 Canada’s wealthiest got richer by more than a third. Middle class Canadians wealth grew by less than half that. Canada’s richest 87 families are today richer than the bottom third of Canadian families — 12 million Canadians.

(Piketty is a LOON if he thinks govt taxes can bring social equity!! One can -for instance - mandate higher pay for coffee shop workers - and that will trigger price rises and make sure that more people make their own coffee!! The price of food and drink is a careful blend of cost, quality, and CONVENIENCE!! A higher wage gooses prices and a higher price persuades customers to stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(LIE-berals ENJOY mandating minimum wage increases because it buys them votes from ill educated workers!! But - as the Wynne-bag Ontari-owe LIE-beral wage order proved - higher wages result in reduced work hours and layoffs and bumps workers into HIGHER income tax brackets -and angry workers DO figure out eventually that they have been lied to - and punish LIE-berals accordingly!!!!!)

Surely, if we set a reasonable exemption level — perhaps $1 million for a house, family business or other investments — it would be fair to tax the remaining capital gains at inheritance. Most G7 countries do. As our last tax fairness inquiry, the Carter Commission, declared, “a buck is a buck!” Accepting the argument that some dividend payments and capital gains have had tax already paid by the corporation that paid you, we should allow some exemption, to avoid double taxation. But we currently allow half of all capital gains to escape taxation.

(Yes- most G-7 countries have inheritance taxes heavier than Canada - and yet MOST G - 7 countries are MUCH DEEPER IN DEBT than Canada!! When Pierre Trudeau first got elected - Cdn banks had $.87 cents on deposit for every dollar they had loaned out!! When Pierre finally left office- Cdn banks had $.17 cents on deposit for every dollar they had loaned out!! And now as of 2019, we have about $.11 cents on deposit for every dollar loaned out and this puts us AHEAD of the European banks who all have $.7 cents on deposit for every dollar they have loaned out!! Such numbers reveal our bankrupt status!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(The ugly truth is that Canada DOES NOT have a revenue problem- IT HAS A LIE-beral mandated SPENDING PROBLEM!! THE ONLY THING preventing LIE-berals from spending even more than they are now - IS LACK OF ACCESS to new supplies of gravy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(LIE-berals have picked on inheritance taxes as a good gravy grab simply because the people who earned the money ARE DEAD - and thus cannot complain about being ROBBED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(Further- LIE-berals are counting on the kids who are inheriting money to be so distressed at the death of a family member and so dazzled by whatever crumbs of cash LIE-berals are prepared to leave on the table- that the kids will not be able to effectively COMPLAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(For many years LIE-berals told us NOT TO WORRY - when the Baby Boomers retired -their kids would inherit GOOD JOBS and LOTS OF RESOURCES - and that is merely another proven LIE-beral BAIT AND SWITCH LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(Govt is so bankrupt that civil service unions are going to war with govt and with each other and we have only to look at the movement to PAY LESS TO NEW HIRES- meaning kids- so that senior people CAN KEEP ON GRABBING GOOD GRAVY - at the kids expense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(As for those “good jobs” - they are GONE - replaced by endless hours of overtime work for people on salary!! Yes- a fixed pay rate and open ended hours is the fate of many!! For others- it is the “gig” economy -a series of crappy, low paid erratic McJobs- that usually require 50 or more hours of work per week to end up with minimum wages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

The argument that it will kill investment can be dealt with — grant tax writeoffs on capital investment losses at the same rate, against any other income. Then even the riskiest investments are worth making. Technical studies by many senior economists have endorsed such an approach.

(That is the heart of LIE-beral MADNESS!! Corporations DO NOT CHOOSE to invest in places with unhealthy economies!! Biz expects to MAKE MONEY - not lose it!! LIE-berals ignore the reality that offering tax write offs ONLY WORKS if you have income!! Losing money means NO INCOME to write off - and thus no tax break is really available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Many wealthy Canadians make big contributions to charity, many more do not. As Warren Buffett put it so pithily, should he not pay tax at least at the same rate as his secretary?

(LIE-beral logic follows the line of a SNAKES BELLY on a mountain road!! If Buffet is taxed more- his contributions to charity WILL BE REDUCED!!!!!!!!!!!)

The argument against taxing wealth are eerily similar to those used against decent minimum wages: jobs will be killed, job creating corporations will leave, the most vulnerable people will be victims. Most recent economic studies debunk this, pointing to little evidence of any impact on employment, but transformational changes in the lives of poor families.

(Most recent studies that support the LIE-beral position are LIES!! In the aftermath of the Wynne-bag LIE-beral move to raise the Ontari-owe minimum wage from $11.25 to $14.00 - the following happened: firstly- people got pushed into higher tax brackets and paid more income tax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Secondly -LIE-berals had the EXCUSE THEY NEEDED to give civil service union HOGS those pay raises - that were “set to the rate of inflation” -THAT LIE-berals had artificially created for their own benefit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(Those HOG pay raises DROVE UP the price of all manner of things- from the food we need, to the water we wash in, to our heating costs, to our property taxes, to the clothes we wear!! At every turn the LIE-beral “aid” to the working poor - DROVE UP COSTS so that the “poor” KEPT NOTHING from their pay raise!! But HOGS DID GET NEW GRAVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Jagmeet Singh outlined one approach to a better wealth tax at the Broadbent Progress Summit recently, suggesting reducing the capital gains exemption to 25 per cent, or as economists say taking the capital gains “inclusion rate” up to 75 per cent, raising $3 billion dollars annually.

(And WHO BENEFITS from capital gains tax reductions?? Should we ask if OSSTF - the Ontari-owe high school teachers who already own the richest privately held pension plan in North America might get some benefit?? After all it was about six years ago that the out going chairman of the OSSTF pension management committee told interviewer Steve Paikin - on TVO/The Agenda -that OSSTF would NEED BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN TOP UP FUNDING - to prevent the OSSTF plan from going BANKRUPT!! Yes- to much gravy out to HOGS and too little back in to keep the fund solvent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(Are LIE-berals and their idiot NDPee and Greenie cousins simply looking for SNEAKY WAYS to keep the HOG gravy train topped up while trying not to completely piss off ordinary Cdns?? It sure looks like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
F**king hypocrite!

You can call Comrade Curious a fair number of silly names and I wont complain

but he aint wrong about you being an NDPee......................

or otherwise being some sort of LIE-beral idiot cousin that you will not admit to being.....................................

AND IT SEEMS YOU DO HAVE a govt HOG pension!!!!!!!!!!!

Indignation is not an effective defense against truth!!!!!!!!!!!

But YOU KNOW THAT NOW- dont you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And your attempts to run with the fox and hunt with the

hounds at the same time..........................

simply makes you look hypocritical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
No need to vote Dipper now. They gave him and his union buddies what they needed. Now JLM wants the parties to **** over the working man while filling the trough for seniors