Recession........on its way....or been here a while

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
IMPHO,

I believe global economists saw this coming but chose to do nothing. Perhaps influenced by the resistance shown by the U.S. to do anything about it or even recognize it has been going on for nine months.

The sad pork filled `relief` package has not done anything to calm fears of something that is coming for it is already here.

A few definitions:

Banking Dictionary: Recession
Downturn in a country's economy, measured by a decline in aggregate economic activity. Most economic measures of a recession are at least partly subjective, although a widely held definition says a recession occurs when real gross domestic product declines in two consecutive quarters. Another indicator of a recession is a sudden rise-at least two percentage points-in the unemployment rate. The National Bureau of Economic Research decides when recessions begin and end, based on an analysis of economic indicators. This often means that a recession can be well underway before policymakers in government and business become aware of it and begin taking corrective actions.
Real Estate Dictionary: Recession
General economic slowdown; officially declared after two consecutive quarters of reduced gross domestic product. Often, there is a shrinkage in the real estate industry without a recession in the general business economy.

Britannica Concise Encyclopedia: recession
.content{clear:both;}
Downward trend in the business cycle characterized by a decline in production and employment, which in turn lowers household income and spending. Even though not all households and businesses experience actual declines in income, they become less certain about the future and consequently delay making large purchases or investments. Consumers buy fewer durable household goods, and businesses are less likely to purchase machinery and equipment and more likely to use up existing inventory instead of adding goods to their stock. This drop in demand leads to a corresponding fall in output and thus worsens the economic situation. Whether a recession develops into a severe and prolonged depression depends on a number of circumstances. Among them are the extent and quality of credit extended during the previous period of prosperity, the amount of speculation permitted, the ability of government monetary and fiscal policies to reverse (or minimize) the downward trend, and the amount of excess productive capacity.

A few quotes:

"We are enjoying sluggish times and not enjoying them very much." - George Bush
"Recession is when a neighbor loses his job. Depression is when you lose yours." - Ronald Reagan

"Few can believe that suffering, especially by others, is in vain. Anything that is disagreeable must surely have beneficial economic effects." - John Kenneth Galbraith

Can a handle be put on the inevitable pain for the next nine to eighteen months.....IMO.....Like WWI lead to WWII, this will lead the world into The Great Depression II.

I do not envy the next POTUS.....or PM.

Last edited:

pablonite

Sep 28, 2008
The international banking cartel profits from the "business cycle" which they control and the wars they finance. They have financed both sides of almost every war for the last 300 years running governments into debt. They now own all the important levers of power, the media, the politicians and our educational system.

Every wonder why you never learned about monetary systems in school? Is money not very important?

Ever notice the "axis of evil" consists of the remaining countries whose monetary system is not yet under control of these bankers?

Get ready for more war and business cycling.

But you go ahead and feel no envy for the next POTUS and PM while they eat caviar at the next Bilderberg meeting. Com'on dude, you do know its a big club and YOU ain't in it right?

Niche

Recession has definitely been here for a while now
I know the news talks about the coming recession but look at the esclating prices of day to day groceries and the number of redundancies and major companies closing down and it is difficult to say that we are not already in a recession

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Recession has definitely been here for a while now
I know the news talks about the coming recession but look at the esclating prices of day to day groceries and the number of redundancies and major companies closing down and it is difficult to say that we are not already in a recession

Not to disagree with your, in my estimation, correct perspective but it is not difficult at all to infere that we are not now nor have we ever been nor are we likely to undergo an recession due to the clarity of conservative forthought reminisent of Nostradamous,. one only has to listen to the spin of this very day to witness the enormous disconnect from reality as exemplified in the less than empty political rhetoric of this the 2006 Canadian federal election. These people are functionaries of an already dead paradigm they simply do not have the good taste to collapse and rot where they fall.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Not to disagree with your, in my estimation, correct perspective but it is not difficult at all to infere that we are not now nor have we ever been nor are we likely to undergo an recession due to the clarity of conservative forthought reminisent of Nostradamous which has magically allowed Canada to slip sideways in the capitalist dimensional disintigration. One only has to listen to the spin of this very day to witness the enormous disconnect from reality as exemplified in the less than empty political rhetoric of this the 2006 Canadian federal election where we hear louder and louder incantation of the ancient mantra of the free traders, (we must have a level playing field), of course the joining of the great circle approaches but they stand, jaws agape, as the ploughing of that fabled field burys them in the fallow soil of debt. These people are functionaries of an already dead paradigm they simply do not have the good taste to collapse and rot where they fall.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
The international banking cartel profits from the "business cycle" which they control and the wars they finance. They have financed both sides of almost every war for the last 300 years running governments into debt. They now own all the important levers of power, the media, the politicians and our educational system.

Every wonder why you never learned about monetary systems in school? Is money not very important?

Ever notice the "axis of evil" consists of the remaining countries whose monetary system is not yet under control of these bankers?

Get ready for more war and business cycling.

But you go ahead and feel no envy for the next POTUS and PM while they eat caviar at the next Bilderberg meeting. Com'on dude, you do know its a big club and YOU ain't in it right?

First, I would like to welcome you to 3C.
A great forum and good people.
Have a good time, post often and don't be a stranger.

Sure, its a big club, first official chairman of the board---Teddy Roosevelt. As to being in it --- no I am not, nor do I care to be.

Until something drastic is done, by whom I do not know, it will remain in place.
Hell, it's not just about money, the ultimate goal is power!

Curiosity begs, do YOU have a solution?

Regards,
scratch