Question for macho

Crusader

Nominee Member
Apr 18, 2006
I like every single quote you've presented here, and have read each one of them. Here's the thing, though. I'm shocked that a religion exists with such texts being considered cannonical.

Is this true? When did this religion start, where can I get more info.

And while all those quotes are nice, are they really from God? It's fine that they are nice quotes, but remember false prophets?

I hope this is true, but I will have to check out the Bible on this one first.

Damn I've been confused lately with all this stuff. :?

Crusader

Nominee Member
Apr 18, 2006
Also, what does your religion teach about the Messiah?

And what about homosexuality?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
quote="Crusader"I like every single quote you've presented here, and have read each one of them. Here's the thing, though. I'm shocked that a religion exists with such texts being considered cannonical.

I'm happy you're interested, Crusader. And yes, everything I'd quoted is considered authoritative or canonical if you will.

Is this true? When did this religion start, where can I get more info.

It started in A.D. 1844, or A.H. 1260, significant dates in both Christianity and Islam. You can find out more at http://www.bahai.org/

And while all those quotes are nice, are they really from God? It's fine that they are nice quotes, but remember false prophets?

The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;
I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.
-Deuteronomy 18:15-22

Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
-Matthew 17:12-20

Well, here is the response from my Faith:

'O Son of Spirit! The best beloved of all things in My sight is Justice; turn not away therefrom if thou desirest Me, and neglect it not that I may confide in thee. By its aid thou shalt see with thine own eyes and not through the eyes of others, and shalt know of thine own knowledge and not through the knowledge of thy neighbour. Ponder this in thy heart; how it behoveth thee to be. Verily justice is My gift to thee and the sign of My loving-kindness. Set it then before thine eyes.'

I hope this is true, but I will have to check out the Bible on this one first.

I believe it is.

Damn I've been confused lately with all this stuff. :?

Well, good luck with your search.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Re: RE: Question for macho

Crusader said:
Also, what does your religion teach about the Messiah?

And what about homosexuality?

Since these are broad questions, I'll answer them in two new threads. I'll probably title them:

Oneness of Religion
Compilation on Homosexuality