Public Health Care is being HiJacked!

cyberclark

Electoral Member
This will affect every man, woman, child, province and territory in Canada!
We recently seen Mr. Ron Liepert of Alberta on Television telling Albertans he was going to delist services in the Alberta Health care and open the Canada Health act to do so.

Once opened, anything can be changed in the act. There is no possible way to get an agreement before hand about what to change and what not to.
Alberta has Legislation set aside (Alberta Gazette) that will allow US health insurance companies to open shop in Alberta.
Mr. Liepert has told us the Blue Cross rates for coverage were increased to bring them more in line with the private insurance sector.
The Capital Health Authority made a long list of what services to delist (turn them over to the private sector).
The privatizing of the public health system has been a prime target of Conservatives and a keystone in their policies since their conception.
They now will allow the Canada Health Act to be changed to a list of choices by provinces to follow, rather than a list such as it is now, one to be followed. Harper is on side with this otherwise, there would have been no public announcement.
The changes will affect all Canadians, not just Albertans. Doing away or changing the Canada Health Act which we know now will take place sometime between October and December this year; if Harper is still prime minister.
If Harper is not Prime Minister, Alberta’s attempts to gut the public system will be seriously curtailed.

John Clark Alberta--The Details

cyberclark

Electoral Member
Canada Health Act-What is it?

[FONT=&quot]Here is a short version.

The Act enables the regulations.

Act does not allow hospitals to take on US insurance patients. This, is exactly why the Conservatives built the Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute and this is why it was empty for so long.US Insurance companies have long viewed Canada as being a cheaper place to send their patients mostly because taxpayers pay for building the hospitals and in one way or another, cover the staffing.

The Act states which services are covered in Health Care in Canada. The Conservatives have a long list of services to be delisted from health care but, they need the act opened and changed to do this! The list was 2 years in the making and was done by the Capital Health Authority in Edmonton.

And finally the whole thing stinks! I have used the statement "Our public health care system is about to be changed to private by political chicanery!" because I am very sure the other premiers in Canada were on side with this change. Alberta has done a job on them too!

It remains that if Harper is booted out of office, the process comes to an end. [/FONT]

cyberclark

Electoral Member
It astounds me they have come this far without a challenge from any party nor from any Premier or health organization.

My guess would be Harper would get the support he needs to make the changes. I suspect Layton is part of it for one idea.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
It astounds me they have come this far without a challenge from any party nor from any Premier or health organization.

My guess would be Harper would get the support he needs to make the changes. I suspect Layton is part of it for one idea.

Layton supporting the privatization of health care? Not likely, although he isn't adverse to using it him self.

cyberclark

Electoral Member
Take a moment and read my original post.
Ron Liepert Alberta Health Minister was on television saying he was going to open the Canada Health Act in order to make changes to the coverage of Albertans. He at the same time this was not delisting.

This has come to pass after the last, recent Premiers meeting which the Federal Minister of Finance attended.

Liepert would not have made an announcement saying there would be changes made to a Federal Act unless he had knowledge the Canada Health Act was going to be opened for changes.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I already provide private medical care in my shed. Currently I offer botulism injections, anal bleaching (women only) and labia refinement surgery (uniform lips).

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Cyberclark, I think you should be a little more skeptical of claims you read on a blog. The Alberta Health Minister does not have the authority to make changes to the Canada Health Act. He has stated, as has the committee looking at what kind of changes could be made, that any changes would be within the Canada Health Act, as they must comply with it. If Alberta has out-dated legislation, and they have some latitude, then they should make any changes that will better streamline their health care.

cyberclark

Electoral Member
Liepert would not have made an announcement saying there would be changes made to a Federal Act unless he had knowledge the Canada Health Act was going to be opened for changes.

I am saying this is a collusion by a predominately conservative map!

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I am skeptical about any announcement made by the Conservatives! If you have anything that is troubling you in particular, let me know and I will address it.

Point A to point B, and everything between. If this were actually happening, then Ignatieff would be all over it, and I imagine he could get a majority out of that possibility, even if it were remote.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I already provide private medical care in my shed. Currently I offer botulism injections, anal bleaching (women only) and labia refinement surgery (uniform lips).
Is that for girls? Pitt would look awesome with Jolie's lips. :D And do you do boob augmentation jobs on men?

cyberclark

Electoral Member
Taken from Calgary Herold-Setting up health committee.

CALGARY - Alberta Health Minister Ron Liepert announced Tuesday he’s creating a committee to examine outdated medical legislation and consider what services should be part of the province’s publicly-funded health care system.

cyberclark

Electoral Member
Tonington:"If this were actually happening, then Ignatieff would be all over it, and I imagine he could get a majority out of that possibility, even if it were remote."

Curious you should bring that up. I have a couple enquiries into the Liberals asking them what their position was on A. Health Care and B: Opening the Canada Health for private insurance companies.
I have received no reply on either.

I do suspect the revamp of the Canada Health is on the front burner of all the politicals; all stripes. Alberta's long standing argument that we can turn this into a profit centre by doing US insurance heart surgeries and so on is attractive to a lot of people in this down turn.

However Alberta's other agenda of delisting a very long list of services thereby turning them over to private industry and private insurance is something I do not trust the Conservatives with but would feel more comfortable with the Liberals.