Prezza hates foreign muck.

JoeyB

Electoral Member
Feb 2, 2006
Australia
RE: Prezza hates foreign

I could eat Roast Beef and Yorkie puds all day....

wouldn't mind some now for Breakfast actually... along with my bacon & eggs, pancakes and 1/2 a bottle of maple syrup.

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
Re: RE: Prezza hates foreign muck.

Blackleaf said:
Many of the foods that you think aren't English, but were imported into England, ARE English.

Take chicken tikka masala. Many people think that chicken tikka masala, which is Britain's favourite food, is an Indian food. But it was invented in England.

Yeah, by Bangladeshi chefs........

Knoss

Nominee Member
Feb 18, 2006
Rockglen, Saskatchewan
I live in Saskatchewan and we rarely eat exotic food. Forget foreign we grow practically everything every exotic food is made from, durum wheat, beans, spices, but we rarely eat mustard or corriander or pasta we do eat our own beef though.

The conductor

Feb 12, 2006
Yes English food can be greasy, heavy, fattening, etc.
But go to a good English pub and have a few pints and chow down with pub food. Explode later.
Some of it is okay but some of it is just wrong.
Curry-based food is very heavily consumed in the U.K.
Curry and chips are just great for a quick snack.
Especially with Vindaloo sauce. :D

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005

ahahaha!!!Vin de Aloo!!!! (that's wine and potatoes to the unwashed) actually invented by the portugues in Goa, India..I know....I've been there.

"English" food isnt actually very different at all to Canadian, American, Australian or any other english speaking countries food...although you cant buy a decent (not that, that word should EVER be used to describe em) Sauage in an American Supermarket...trust me, I've tried Walmart, Safeway, Alberton's etc...I just cant find em

Curry in England is about as indian as I am, it's muck it really is

The conductor

Feb 12, 2006

If you live the States try www.britishbacon.com.
They have great sausages and bacon from North Carolina.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005

US Food aint any better Toro, but then I suppose you could say there is a great variety of different food in the states...well guess what....so too in the UK....

Oh yeah?..like ur Tomato Ketchup?...that's english
Like ur Hotdos?......that's English
Like ur Peach Cobbler.....that's English
how about ur Pancakes, ur Biscuit, ect, etc, ect...my point is this, yes English food isnt brill, but then neither's most in the anglo world so please dont knock it too much

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
You haven't tasted really bad food until you've had a "chicken fried steak" . What a thing to do to a good steak. Generally I don't mind American cooking but it can be good or bad like every other cooking.

BTW Daz Our grocery store in Nanaimo sell British banger sausage that is very close to the original "bangers and mash" from jolly old.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005

hehehehe I HAVE tasted "chicken fried steak" as it happens...in that giant Pyramid in Vegas on an "all you can eat" deal.....jeez it's bad lol

I think someone said "Sauages and Politics are very similar, and those who like both should never allow themselves to see either made"

cant remember who said that...but it's very true