PM wants you to hear him on YouTube

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC

Stephen Harper is going live online.

In what is being touted as a ‘first,’ the prime minister’s reply to the throne speech will be streamed live on YouTube Thursday at YouTube - TalkCanada's Channel.

PM wants you to hear him on YouTube- Politics - Canoe.ca

Is this appropriate for a Throne Speech and the right media circle to use for the Government to use ?

Is the Web Site from CPAC not sufficient and why is the Government not bringing more attention to the Video on Demand that is already posted there ?

CPAC - Speech from the Throne 2010

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008

PM wants you to hear him on YouTube- Politics - Canoe.ca

Is this appropriate for a Throne Speech and the right media circle to use for the Government to use ?

Is the Web Site from CPAC not sufficient and why is the Government not bringing more attention to the Video on Demand that is already posted there ?

CPAC - Speech from the Throne 2010
I think that more people look at YouTube than they do the news or that listen to the news. What's the matter with YouTube as a means of communication? Everyone is using it - why not Stephen Harper? I think it's a great idea.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
He'll get great feedback on YouTube, the comments there are always keen and insightful, no closed minded idiots posting comments there at all...

Obama embraced internet use, and captured lots of young voters. Harper won't be as successful. Do you know what will result from this? A few hundred thousand views (eventually), and then the content will be used in many ways to make him look bad. Have at er Steve.

Doesn't seem that savvy to me. If he wants to attract youth, he needs better ideas.

Northboy

Electoral Member
He'll get great feedback on YouTube, the comments there are always keen and insightful, no closed minded idiots posting comments there at all...

Obama embraced internet use, and captured lots of young voters. Harper won't be as successful. Do you know what will result from this? A few hundred thousand views (eventually), and then the content will be used in many ways to make him look bad. Have at er Steve.

Doesn't seem that savvy to me. If he wants to attract youth, he needs better ideas.

Don't forget the sequence of things.

Feed the sheep. but too much wine can get them drunk. Understanding first....Understanding first....

Tending comes next, but feed them first. This was given to us through the discoveries
the scrolls of knowledge from long ago....

Don't worry about government so much. There are to be scheduled elections, I think you need to set a date and a term, but that's only my opinion.

I, of course am prone to the time in my mind, but you aren't....

Remember always that Wisdom of years gone by rests with the elderly, capture it, cherish it....

I am but a marker, a guide if you will....The Code= intervene if necessary, but not necessarily intervene. The Garden must Grow.....You'll be Fine, just like me.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Considering that Harper's government wrote the Throne Speech it seems pointless to have him reply to it. He is hardly likely to criticize his own ideas. If he wasnt to use YouTube fine. It is not like anyone will bother to watch it.

Topaz72

Mar 11, 2010
Harper NEEDS more votes to put him in a majority govt so he's turning to the young people. Give him your vote, you may have a free trip to Afghanistan or somewhere close.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
I think that more people look at YouTube than they do the news or that listen to the news. What's the matter with YouTube as a means of communication? Everyone is using it - why not Stephen Harper? I think it's a great idea.

There is nothing wrong with YouTube.. It is just not a Government medium for communications..

Political parties perhaps but not governments..

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC

Obama use Facebook, Twitter and such prior to gaining power..

Since his rise to the presidency I don't think there has been much activity on those accounts.. They were Democratic accounts set up for political reasons.. Watch them come alive again in 2011/2012..

Let Harper use YouTube.. I believe it will be a loss of time however and only as a political stunt..

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
One of the many great things about having toppled Stephen Harper and his Con regime, is that we'll never again have to watch their ghastly propaganda channel 24/Seven. (link is external)

Which spent millions of dollars of our money, glorifying our self styled Great Leader in a manner that would make the dictator of North Korea envious.

Now I what I want to know is just how much of OUR money did the Cons spend that ghastly propaganda show?

When will the forensic audit be completed?

And when can we expect a refund?