Palin: Abstinence for all teens 'not realistic'

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
This story is just too juicy; I have to share it with other posters. In an interview, Palin said that abstinence is not a realistic option.

Now, this is not the Joan of Arc herself (Sarah Palin), but her teenage daughter who just had a baby, Bristol Palin. She said it was very hard telling her parents that she was pregnant. She also said she wishes that she waited another 10 years to have a baby.

The full interview (given to Fox naturally) may be read on CNN.

Bristol Palin: Abstinence for all teens 'not realistic' - CNN.com

But what caught my eye was her quote. In her first interview since giving birth, the teenage daughter of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said having a child is not "glamorous," and that telling young people to be abstinent is "not realistic at all."

Surely this was a poke in the eye for her mother. Joan of Arc, of course, supports abstinence only education, where teenagers are told just to zip it and no information about contraception is given. Incidentally, in spite of the well publicized engagement between Bristol and the father of the baby, Bristol said that she had no immediate plans to marry the father.

If Joan of Arc runs for President in 2012, Bristol Palin may well be an embarrassment to her.

To watch the clip, clink on the following:

Bristol Palin: Abstinence for all teens 'not realistic' - CNN.com

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
Surely this was a poke in the eye for her mother. Joan of Arc, of course, supports abstinence only education, where teenagers are told just to zip it and no information about contraception is given.

Momma Palin's raising money from the bingo crowd to save the poor savages from unwanted pregnancy's. Her heart may be in the right place (anatonomically at least), it's her morality the needs a sanity check

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Tyr, I don’t think Joan of Arc has to worry about the conservative base. Hypocrisy does not bother them in the least. If you look at the hypocrites that are still very popular with the far right in USA, Rush Limbaugh (drug addiction), Bill Bennett (gambling addiction), Bill O’Reilley (sexual harassment), Newt Gingrich (having sex with his intern, while he was ranting and raving against Clinton for doing exactly the same thing), it will be clear that they are not bothered by hypocrisy, as long as the leader says the right thing, they will enthusiastically support the leader.

Also look at Bush. Conservatives are always blathering about fiscal restraint, balanced budget etc. Yet Bush took what was a balanced budget, a huge surplus and converted that into an astronomical deficit and yet he remained very popular with the far right base until the very end.

So Joan of Arc strongly supports abstinence based education (just say no, absolutely no contraception advice to anybody) and her daughter got pregnant because of not practicing abstinence will bother them not at all. But she may have problem with people at large, normally people don’t like to see hypocrites in the position of power (well, at least not blatant hypocrites like Joan of Arc).

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
"Last week, an American satellite collided with a Russian satellite over Siberia. And Sarah Palin said she could see the collision from her house." --Jay Leno

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Tyr, did you read the latest? Apparently Palin owes some back taxes, on nearly 17,000 $ worth of meals and other living expenses. Presumably she claimed them as tax deductions when she was not entitled to do so.