Our Upcoming Election

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
So, I got a phone call this afternoon asking me if I would do a survey on the PCs and Steve Harper. I told them I was a sure thing on voting their way, but would do the survey anyhow. Then, they asked if I would allow a sign on my front lawn[Yes] I hope it POs the neighbours!:lol:I am guessing their really be a Fall Election, and while it may not change anything, i am still voting for who I consider to be the best to run our country.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
An election, great, that'll take our minds off starving to death in the cold.

I'll be warm and full, that's what money will buy.

I think I will be spending a good portion of my winter at my new cottage on a skidoo and ice fishing.:cool:

Lester

Council Member
Sep 28, 2007
Ardrossan, Alberta
Well i'm not gonna hang around all winter for an election, as soon as the first big cold snap hits, i'm going to mexico for a couple of weeks. I don't car if it falls within election time or not, I will not suffer out another winter like last years. maybe i'll do that pre-vote/advance vote? dea.l

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
What the devil is going on?

OTTAWA - Stephen Harper's quest for a majority government begins Sunday when the prime minister heads to Rideau Hall to seek the dissolution of Parliament and a federal election, sources say.

OK - how is it that you can call an election just whenever you want? And on a Sunday? This is so alien to me. And this part, I need an explanation:

"A quick campaign would also cancel byelections set for next week. It would allow for a vote to be held before a mid-October Francophonie leaders' summit in Quebec City.

And, perhaps more importantly, it would conclude before the U.S. presidential election in November. One of the U.S. candidates - Barack Obama - had his campaign undermined by the leak of a Canadian diplomatic memo last winter. That incident would be more likely to resurface on the Canadian campaign trail if Obama happened to be elected president before Canadians voted."

From this source: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/fedelxn

And just who was this Canadian diplomat?
:?:
Uncle

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
OK, I thought Stephen Harper was the prime minister. Who was the diplomat? Or, are they one in the same? What did this memo say?

Uncle

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
OTTAWA - Stephen Harper's quest for a majority government begins Sunday when the prime minister heads to Rideau Hall to seek the dissolution of Parliament and a federal election, sources say.

OK - how is it that you can call an election just whenever you want? And on a Sunday? This is so alien to me. And this part, I need an explanation:

"A quick campaign would also cancel byelections set for next week. It would allow for a vote to be held before a mid-October Francophonie leaders' summit in Quebec City.

And, perhaps more importantly, it would conclude before the U.S. presidential election in November. One of the U.S. candidates - Barack Obama - had his campaign undermined by the leak of a Canadian diplomatic memo last winter. That incident would be more likely to resurface on the Canadian campaign trail if Obama happened to be elected president before Canadians voted."

From this source: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/fedelxn

And just who was this Canadian diplomat?
:?:
Uncle
Uncle, as a yankee you just wouldn't understand how it is supposed to work... :smile:

einmensch

Electoral Member
Mar 1, 2008
Harper working on Sunday-shows great respect for Christians. Why not Monday to Friday?
Harper would have joined the Coalition of the Willing and Canada would be in Iraq. He pushed to keep Canada in Afghanistan and Dion TURTLED and went along with it after a song and dance routine--I don't even know where the others are --they have become invisible.
We 30million have pollution control, testing vehicle emission-just south we have300million with no emission testing and reduced controls, we buy from maufacturers in other countries some with no pollution control--but we 30million Canadians buy from the 1.5billion polluters--- Great plan Green and Dion. Jack where are you ?Can't vote Parti Québécois.

Lester

Council Member
Sep 28, 2007
Ardrossan, Alberta
We 30million have pollution control, testing vehicle emission-just south we have300million with no emission testing and reduced controls, we buy from maufacturers in other countries some with no pollution control--but we 30million Canadians buy from the 1.5billion polluters--- Great plan Green and Dion. Jack where are you ?Can't vote Parti Québécois.
I can't figure this one out either, just thirty million of us, we have one of the largest boreal forests on the planet that produce oxygen and sequester untold amounts of CO2, and yet we must bear the burden for china,India and the US, I say we do far more than the rest of them put together. We should do our part, but not alone.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
An election, great, that'll take our minds off starving to death in the cold.

Hey! This guys right! Those fat cats in Ottawa get to eat steak in a nice warm house, and the rest of us are freezing our balls off out here! I vote for the party that gives me money to buy one of those little space heaters. :angry3:

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
alleywayzalwayz

I vote for the party that gives me money to buy one of those little space heaters.
Why not build yourself the "little space heater " and deduct the cost of the construction on your income statement ?
.....no imagination , too lazy , no ability ?....one of these is an "absolute truth" .

Last edited:

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Now they've asked me if I wanted to do the mailin vote! Never have done that before,so I won't be trudging off down the road to the polling station after all. I know Paul Zed is well liked around here..and maybe the PCs are worried?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Paul Zed isn't as well liked as he may think. He's arrogant, and quite a knob.

Paul Zed, after the Firearms fiasco, came in third in an election in Fundy Royal......after the PCs and the Reform Party......Yep Reform, in NB.

There are propably a higher proportion of gun owners in Fundy Royal than in any other riding in Canada.

The idiot was running around before the election offering $10,000 of infrastructure money to each gun club in his riding..........they threw him out anyway.

And that is the nicest story I ever heard about the guy.

My gun club actually entertained the idea of taking the money.......and making a $10,000 donation to the Reform Party. :)

But, we have some sense of what is right and proper.

So the Liberals moved him to an urban riding, were he beat out his rival (the good Dr. Doherty) using such questionable methods that they had to re-run the nomination process.

I guess he got away with it the second time.

Complete scum.