Opening of a new forum

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Ok. Just to let everyone know, this forum has been designated the place to post your movie & music stuff. There's been interest here and there about movies and music, but here's the place where you can post it to your heart's content!

All of the older threads in Chit Chat/The Lounge have been moved over here for future reference.

Cheers :cheers:

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
Best book recommendation ever...
The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. There are 6 total (5 out already), and they're all really long. The story takes place during the 18th century, starting with the 2nd Jacobite uprising and the Battle of Culloden through to the American Revolution. there's a bit of time travel, a lot of history and a great love story.

I guarantee you'll fall in love with Jamie midway through the first book.
:D

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Opening of a new foru

Book recommendations...everything by Hunter S. Thompson; everything by James Morrow; Parke Goodwin's Waiting for the Galactic Bus and whatever the second book was called; The Oxford Canadian Dictionary; Darwin's Radio by Greg Bear; everything Molly Ivins even thought about writing; the first four books of Zelazny's Amber series; all of William Gibson's stuff.

Music recommendations...A Brief History of Punk; The Violent Femmes, Add 1+Up; Luther Wright and the Wrongs, Guitar Pickin' Martyrs; Steve Earle, everything; Hank Williams III, Risin' Outlaw; Bob Dylan; Love and Theft; Jimmy Buffet, the live one from the 70s; Arlo Guthrie, Alice's Restaurant; The Ramones; Tom Waits, pretty much everything; Electric Chairs, Blatantly Offensive; The Cigarettes, Will Damage Your Health; Speedbuggy USA, Round Up.

That should keep ya busy for a while. ;-)

Diamond Sun

Council Member
Jun 11, 2004
Within arms reach of the new baby..
Re: RE: Opening of a new forum

LadyC said:
Best book recommendation ever...
The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. There are 6 total (5 out already), and they're all really long. The story takes place during the 18th century, starting with the 2nd Jacobite uprising and the Battle of Culloden through to the American Revolution. there's a bit of time travel, a lot of history and a great love story.

I guarantee you'll fall in love with Jamie midway through the first book.
:D

I am reading "The Firey Cross" right now, and I absolutely agree that this is a fabulous series. I just hate when books are so big that my hands hurt trying to hold the book open...

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
That's the one I'm on right now. I'm savouring it until the next one comes out. It'll be the last - and I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet.