Ontario extends emergency orders to June 30th

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
Doug Ford extends the orders again after a slight uptick in covid cases.

Wow, we've gone from 2 to 4 weeks they thought to 11 weeks now.

We're living in strange times.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
While "Dr." Tam says it's fine to go out and protest George Floyd's death, just don't yell. So, to sum up, the parks are still verboten, beaches are still a no, you still can't go to your cottage all because of Covid-19 but gathering in huge numbers to, for some odd reason, impotently protest something that happened in another country gets a full go from our so-called "Chief Public Health Officer".

It gets better. The other day I tried ordering from my favourite local fish & chip shop. They've always delivered and yet they're closed by order of the govt because of Covid. Yet I can order all the McDonalds or Timmies crap I want. So, I decided to call my favourite local pizza place who also delivers. They are closed by order of the govt because of Covid. But, I can order all the shitty pizza I want from Pizza Slut, Domihos or Little Skeezers. Why? Why is the independent business that provides the same "essential service" as a corporate franchise not allowed to be open for business?

It's stuff like this that makes me honestly believe that the govt over-reaction to Covid is fake. And so there ya have it folks, if yer sick of social distancing and you want to hang out with thousands of other people in person, Dr. Tam says it's okay to. But ONLY as long as you're protesting. Go to the park or beach and you're being an irresponsible dick.

So remember folks, in Beijing Bum Boy's Canada, the right to protest something in a foreign country supersedes all the public safety bullshit the govt has been spewing for f*cking WEEKS now and any previous stay at home/social distancing orders.

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
1) The Floyd "protest" issue is stupid. it happened in another country. if you are protesting it then you don't have your priorities straight. We need to deal with issues on Canada's plate first.

2) The delivery issue is a bit of a misdirect. Those businesses can be open for take out. There is not a double standard imo.

3) Protesting at a time like this on an event that happened in another country is dumb and I agree that if you can't go to the cottage, or gather in parks then protesting is absolutely as dumb.

4) If you think that the reaction to covid is fake and overdone. You have not seen someone die of covid.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
1) The Floyd "protest" issue is stupid. it happened in another country. if you are protesting it then you don't have your priorities straight. We need to deal with issues on Canada's plate first.

2) The delivery issue is a bit of a misdirect. Those businesses can be open for take out. There is not a double standard imo.

3) Protesting at a time like this on an event that happened in another country is dumb and I agree that if you can't go to the cottage, or gather in parks then protesting is absolutely as dumb.

4) If you think that the reaction to covid is fake and overdone. You have not seen someone die of covid.
Ugh. I didn't say nobody dies of Covid. Let me put it this way. Every year 23,000 Canadians die from second-hand smoke. At the rate Covid is affecting Canada it'll take two years to equal one year of second-hand smoke deaths. Yet the govt doesn't seem to think the entirely preventable deaths of 23,000 Canadians a year is a serious public health issue. Ever seen a non-smoker die of lung cancer from second-hand smoke? I have, it's f*cking heartbreaking. But the fed still makes money from tobacco sales so those 23,000 a year can go f*ck 'emselves I guess.

Problem #2. Before all this started there were around 150 million people around the world at risk of starving to death or in the process of it. Since then another 130 million have been put at risk because of the economic shutdowns in response to Covid. In a worst case scenario 140 million people could die from Covid. Do the math. The "cure" is twice as bad as the disease. Ever seen someone starve to death? I haven't either but everything I've read/heard about it says it is an excruciatingly long and painful way to die.

If masks work then why is so much shut down? And if they're not effective enough to at least go to a friggin park or your cottage, then what's the point of wearing them? Some stupid feel-good moment for the collective? "Oooo look at me being a hero and saving lives". Pffft. I'll tell ya why masks don't work. Unless you have the absolute discipline of a surgeon to not touch your face at all, you're not doing anything for anyone by wearing one.

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
I don't agree with some to most of your reasoning. I think you're simplifying issues and then comparing them when they are apples to oranges. ie - comparing second hand smoke to a contagious disease or starvation with the economy. Obviously you have issues with masks etc but the countries where they are used widely show better outcomes.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Doug Ford extends the orders again after a slight uptick in covid cases.

Wow, we've gone from 2 to 4 weeks they thought to 11 weeks now.

We're living in strange times.
There were 400 plus new cases and that is the strange part.

What is going wrong in Ontario that is preventing them from getting it under control?

BC's last report was 9.

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
What is going wrong in Ontario that is preventing them from getting it under control?
BC's last report was 9.

Increased testing but still people in large cities so close together in proximity. Toronto is the biggest problem. Everyone is on top of one another.

Plus Ontario has 14 and a half million people.

B.C. has 5 million.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

BC's last report was 9.
Yeah, not like Quebec which is doing great. Well that is if you're cheering for the virus. Quebec has almost twice the cases of Ontario, 3x the per capita infection rate, twice as many Covid deaths and more than 3x the per capita death rate as Ontario. They've also had 291 new cases. In fact, Quebec far and away leads the rest of Canada when it comes to infections and deaths from Covid.

And then your idiot Prime Minister's moronic Chief Public Health Officer announced that it's perfectly okay to mass in groups of hundreds or thousands to "protest" something that happened in a foreign country. Yep, can't go to work, the park, the beach, the cottage or anywhere else because you'll be spreading the virus. But protesting something in a foreign country is perfectly safe, just don't "yell". Yep, that'll cut the spread of Covid like a boss.

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
Yeah, not like Quebec which is doing great. Well that is if you're cheering for the virus. Quebec has almost twice the cases of Ontario, 3x the per capita infection rate, twice as many Covid deaths and more than 3x the per capita death rate as Ontario. They've also had 291 new cases. In fact, Quebec far and away leads the rest of Canada when it comes to infections and deaths from Covid.
And then your idiot Prime Minister's moronic Chief Public Health Officer announced that it's perfectly okay to mass in groups of hundreds or thousands to "protest" something that happened in a foreign country. Yep, can't go to work, the park, the beach, the cottage or anywhere else because you'll be spreading the virus. But protesting something in a foreign country is perfectly safe, just don't "yell". Yep, that'll cut the spread of Covid like a boss.

I have to agree. The whole idea of supporting protests for an issue in another country goes counter to what we should be doing. I have no idea what Trudeau was thinking. I admit I did not vote for the guy and am not a fan. Like it or not though he is the PM so I do hope he gets his sh*t together for the sake of the rest of us.

As far as Quebec goes, I think they have not been as serious as other provinces and they are paying the price. The whole idea of sending kids back to school was not good imo.

This is the Ontario section of the place so I will try to stick to Ontario stuff.

Cheers!