Obama's Popularity

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Strange,isn't it that he is far more popular here than in the USA. It must be his charisma-----our pols are sorely lacking in any of that asset.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Strange,isn't it that he is far more popular here than in the USA. It must be his charisma-----our pols are sorely lacking in any of that asset.

We see his charisma, but we don't have to live with any of his policies, so of course he's more popular here.

We seem to choose people with reverse charisma - how else to explain the choices of party leaders here? Ignatieff? Harper?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Well, it's true isn't it?

Bush was crap, now Obama is crap.

Jealous of what?

I am not willing to say "Obama is crap" (especially when compared to our recent run of PMs........from Louis St. Laurent to now) although I think it becomes increasingly clear the Yanks elected the wrong guy......

McCain was the man for the job.

As for Obama....mediocrity is hardly "crap".......and the poor SOB had to deal with such gigantic unrealistic expectations.......I actually feel sorry for him.......as I did for Bush.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I am not willing to say "Obama is crap" (especially when compared to our recent run of PMs........from Louis St. Laurent to now) although I think it becomes increasingly clear the Yanks elected the wrong guy......

As for Obama....mediocrity is hardly "crap".......and the poor SOB had to deal with such gigantic unrealistic expectations.......I actually feel sorry for him.......as I did for Bush.

Nope, he's crap, no leadership capabilities at all, can't get bills through and he lets the Republicans set the agenda.

He's a joke and to assume McCain would be better is just that....an assumption.

You felt sorry for Bush?!?

WTF!

The guy nearly bankrupted the US, started an illegal war based on nothing, botched the invasion of Afghanistan, pissed on the constitution, fired judges because they were democrats, botched the response to Katrina....etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.................................:roll:

EPIC FAIL!

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007

McCain was better than Bush there's no doubt, but look who he was bringing with him. A complete flake would have been in charge of the nation if McCain had gone down.

Obama isn't a miracle worker, but considering the total mess Bush/Cheney left the US and the world in it says a lot that things haven't gotten much worse under the current US leader. He's willing to see the world outside the tight little box the far right in the US has constructed for itself.

Like Canada the US needs a major rehauling of it's political system to get the powerful insiders under control... both countries are democratic in principle only. Until then PMs and Presidents are only going to be tools for the real tools behind the scenes.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
McCain was better than Bush there's no doubt, but look who he was bringing with him. A complete flake would have been in charge of the nation if McCain had gone down.

Obama isn't a miracle worker, but considering the total mess Bush/Cheney left the US and the world in it says a lot that things haven't gotten much worse under the current US leader. He's willing to see the world outside the tight little box the far right in the has constructed for itself.

Like Canada the US needs a major rehauling of it's political system to get the powerful insiders under control... both countries are democratic in principle only. Until then PMs and Presidents are only going to be tools for the real tools behind the scenes.

Yeah and with both houses he can't accomplish anything at all and the dumbocrats have let the Republicans control the agenda.

The country needs a leader, Obama isn't one at all.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Yeah and with both houses he can't accomplish anything at all and the dumbocrats have let the Republicans control the agenda.

The country needs a leader, Obama isn't one at all.

Like I said, the system needs to be overhauled.

I think Goldman Sachs was McCain #2 campaign contributor and Obamas #4 (or the other way around) last election. They and other corporations throw massive amounts of money around Washington to ensure that nothing that interfers with their interests happens. A former executive from Goldman Sachs was also the guy who put together the bailout package that saw $700 billion go to Wall Street, $10 billion of which ended up at Goldman Sachs.

Of course Obama isn't doing what the voters want, few in Washington are or they won't get the millions from corporations needed to run a successful campaign to get reelected.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
And it was just announced that AIG is getting there 100 Million Dollars in Welfare Bonuses for their executives... present AND FORMER Executives.

Didn't Obama say he was going to stop this as well?

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States

You don't have to live under what he proposes to do, sounds good to you guys. Just look at the banking system for example, the very people who brought on this crash are in charge of rebuilding the system. Guess what, it is in exactly the same format. Fannie Mae is also still around doing the same thing (handing out cheap loans)

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You don't have to live under what he proposes to do, sounds good to you guys. Just look at the banking system for example, the very people who brought on this crash are in charge of rebuilding the system. Guess what, it is in exactly the same format. Fannie Mae is also still around doing the same thing (handing out cheap loans)

Maybe, just maybe if he moves to the center he can have a Clinton type Presidency. But I doubt he will do that. He is no Clinton that's for sure.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
I believe Obama is genuinly a good man /on the peoples side( Unfortunatley I'm not sure about the majority of Politicians/Big Biz(nothing new there)) ....and should be given the benefit of the doubt/respect and a chance to prove he is the great president history will see him as...He has already begun to do a lot ..It will all come together .

Just some people/rep ..like to pull things apart into little pieces instead of getting together to put the bigger picture back together/find solutions and do it!

Some think Obama was a scape goat ..So Republicans could pass the B on and Add the S to the Dems.( Bailout/Stimulus).All for the good of America..

I am pretty sure Obama will get re-elected, If the People have their say ..Which isn't always the case in the U.S. political system .( if he shows he is getting things done..Which he is (except on health care):))....

P.R (proportional representation is the way )

However Obama is a politician .Partisan Games are a big part of that Game ..Unfortunatley...

By the People, For the People: Posters from the WPA, 1936-1943

By the the people /for the people/with the people

Obama is just 1 man ..He deserves the democrates/peoples backing ...No 1 can do it all ...

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I am pretty sure Obama will get re-elected, If the People have their say ..Which isn't always the case in the U.S. political system .

Right...especially when a Republican get's elected...then you know it was fixed.

When a Democrat gets elected it was all on the up and up. :roll:

( if he shows he is getting things done..Which he is (except on health care):))....

What is he getting done? He is under fire because he is not getting anything done...at all. Health Care, economy, jobs, Guantanamo, Iraq, etc.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Maybe, just maybe if he moves to the center he can have a Clinton type Presidency. But I doubt he will do that. He is no Clinton that's for sure.
You know, I was thinking exactly that today. I was not a Clinton supporter at first, but he sort of grew on me.