Obama says anti-terror 'buck' stops with him

vinod1975

Council Member
Jan 19, 2007
Harare , Zimbabwe
President Barack Obama declared Thursday "the buck stops with me" for the nation's security, taking responsibility for failures that led to the near-disastrous Christmas attack on a Detroit-bound airliner and vowing the problems would be corrected. He said the lapses were widespread but suggested no officials would be fired. ---------------------- -----------------------------------------------As my view is it was totally a security laps country like US which is known for their all Hitech gadgets should not have this happens

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Cheers to you too, Vinod.

Obama had little choice but to step up and take the 'blame'. He has mentioned many times before that the 'buck stops with him.' I respect him for doing so while at the same time realizing that he was not the person directly responsible for this lapse of security. He is however, responsible for choosing the person in charge of security. He has to start making better choices when appointing someone to a department or office. He has made some that are questionable at best, IMHO.

vinod1975

Council Member
Jan 19, 2007
Harare , Zimbabwe
Cheers to you too, Vinod.

Obama had little choice but to step up and take the 'blame'. He has mentioned many times before that the 'buck stops with him.' I respect him for doing so while at the same time realizing that he was not the person directly responsible for this lapse of security. He is however, responsible for choosing the person in charge of security. He has to start making better choices when appointing someone to a department or office. He has made some that are questionable at best, IMHO.

100% agreed with your view and yes that was his indirect mistake by choosing the incorrect person and I also respect him from my heart as I am one of the follower and fan his on all social networking sites :smile:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I don't go quite that far in my support of the Pres, vinod. I do follow his policy decisions fairly closely, most especially those that may affect the Agriculture and Food Industry. I joined the White House website and they send me updates of his speeches, which is cool. :smile:

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Like I said on another thread, the Obama-worshippers will blame everything on Bush (and Cheney) until 2012, and if this unqualified punk lucks out and wins a second term, until 2016.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Taking responsibily, in this sense, does little to put the geenie back. Ultimate responsibility lies at the feet of radical Islam, nowhere else.

In one sense you're correct but the responsibility for addressing or in this case failing to address issues correctly belongs to the government elected to preside over them. I'm not going to argue that its not the "same 'ole, same 'ole" but at least Obama is recognizing that it IS his responsibility, thus hinting at a sense of accountibility that was lacking in the Bush Administration, where finding someone partisan to blame seemed (at times) to be a higher priority than making things right.

Its like an old boss of mine used to say "you can delegate authority but not responsibilty". Too many people in high places (public and rivate sectors) tend to forget or ignore this; maybe Obama hasn't completely...

vinod1975

Council Member
Jan 19, 2007
Harare , Zimbabwe
In one sense you're correct but the responsibility for addressing or in this case failing to address issues correctly belongs to the government elected to preside over them. I'm not going to argue that its not the "same 'ole, same 'ole" but at least Obama is recognizing that it IS his responsibility, thus hinting at a sense of accountibility that was lacking in the Bush Administration, where finding someone partisan to blame seemed (at times) to be a higher priority than making things right.

Its like an old boss of mine used to say "you can delegate authority but not responsibilty". Too many people in high places (public and rivate sectors) tend to forget or ignore this; maybe Obama hasn't completely...

Under stood your comments but You can delegate is not understandable