Not all Americans are like that...

Ginger_Ale

Electoral Member
May 23, 2004
Boston
moghrabi said:
Thank you Andem for the support. This guy is true anti-Canadian. You should read some of the stuff i had to say to him. Typical American!!!

Hey, not all americans are like that, the majority are non-arrogant people. I'm an American, and I like Canadians. Am I a not typical or typical American?

@JDream: Yeah, this thread is going out of hand..

Edited by Administration: Split from "My First Post". Getting way off topic

gnuman

Electoral Member
Dec 4, 2002
Montreal, Quebec
Ginger_Ale you're just a wannabe canadian jk :)

Its not arrogance, it's ignorance and misinformed.

I could spot an american eh...... I said it right away eh... by the Abortion topic eh.... :D

I is mini-me, I'm not bloatware like Dr.Evil :D

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Ginger_Ale

Sorry if I was too general. But this nutcase is giving Americans a very bad name. I have a lot of American friends but i stay away from his like.

Peace,

Kyle

Jun 6, 2004
moghrabi: Try being american! We are always being cut down for what we stand up for! Everyonnne loves Canada, when you guys sit around and do nothing. Look at your army! Oh please don't come after me with your hockey sticks!!!

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
I will not try to be an American. I am a proud Canadian and we are proud that we have Hockey sticks instead of nuclear bombs.

BTW. We do not sit around as you said. You make wars and we send our men for peace missions to fix what you reck.

Kyle

Jun 6, 2004
yah you sit around....you guys are #1 to poor to go into wars. Quebec just wants to leave you. your medical is going downhill. the government was jsut caught in a scam.

you guys are nothing without america...the same with the rest of the world. we are the leaders, we have the money and the brains and the man power! face it, we are the world leader, and you can't do anything about it my friend!

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Kyle: The US is the biggest debtor nation in the world. Your democratic institutions are being eroded by those presently in power. You have the biggest wage gap between rich and poor in the developed world. Your government has been implicated in the overthrow of several democratically elected governments in other countries. Your president, his cabinet, and members of your military have been accused of several war crimes and crimes against humanity. Your president has been tried, in absentia, by an international tribunal and has been found guilty of war crimes.

We don't hate America, we hate what is happening to America under a series of seriously flawed and greedy leaders. We hate watching our friend and ally become the world's largest failed state. We hate seeing what should be a shining beacon of democracy collapse under its own hubris.

Ginger Ale: I in no way mean to include all Americans in my statements. I read a lot of news and opinion coming from your country saying basically the same thing I just said. I know quite a few people south of the border who are watching in horror as their country disintegrates.

Perhaps you can talk talk some sense into young Kyle here. The only ones who can save your country are the citizens of the United States.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Very well said Reverend Blair.

Who made the US the world leader. We see the poor guys in the streets of the richest country in the world begging for food. You live for drugs and alcohol. You have the most unethical government on the face of this Earth. Americans other than you are good and are good friends, but your government, President, Cabinet, Policies are corrupted. You treat all non-americans as second class citizens.

I think you should read a book in your life before coming to forums like this. You sound to be very uneducated, obnoxious young man that needs to be sent into the trenches to learn few life lessons. Or you may stick with your mother :canada: . :!:

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
Re: My first post

I'm trying to accurately recall a lyric by Bruce Cockburn, "Mighty Trucks of Midnight." It goes something like this:

"Used to have a town, but the factory moved away,
down to Mexico, where they work for hardly any pay.
Used to have a country, but they sold it down the river,
like a repossessed farm auctioned off to the highest bidder.
Mighty trucks of midnight moving on. . ."

Ginger_Ale

Electoral Member
May 23, 2004
Boston
moghrabi said:
Very well said Reverend Blair.

Who made the US the world leader. We see the poor guys in the streets of the richest country in the world begging for food. You live for drugs and alcohol. You have the most unethical government on the face of this Earth. Americans other than you are good and are good friends, but your government, President, Cabinet, Policies are corrupted. You treat all non-americans as second class citizens.

I think you should read a book in your life before coming to forums like this. You sound to be very uneducated, obnoxious young man that needs to be sent into the trenches to learn few life lessons. Or you may stick with your mother :canada: . :!:

Ok, well, you don't have to stereotype every American here.

While I do agree our government is a bit out of it, and we attack only nations that we can benifit from their capture (Hint: Iraq = oil - we are so dependent on oil), not all Americans think this is the right way to do things. Sure, the government has all the power on the outside, but who are the ones they are making these choices for? The people. Not all of us want to be in Iraq; in fact, last night I saw some protesters against war in my hometown, and I live in a town of around 35,000...

The government show a bad side of America. Not all of us like alcohol. Not all of us are condescending. If you look at the big picture, and the citizens, not the government, you'll see something interesting: We are humane people, and some of us *gasp* do like Canadians.

EDIT: I do read books also. :wink: Our country is in serious, serious debt: Go to this debt counter, and you'll be glad to see that our debt goes up ~1.73 billion dollars per day. Maybe we've set a world record? Who knows. :roll:

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Ginger_Ale,

Please read my note carefuly. I did not say all Americans. To the contrary, I said most Americans are good and are good friends, but your government, President, Cabinet, Policies are corrupted. You treat all non-americans as second class citizens.
So we come to the same point. Your government shows the bad side of America and you and people like you try hard to put your good image on the map.

Thank you for the reply.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Kyle said:
yah you sit around....you guys are #1 to poor to go into wars. Quebec just wants to leave you. your medical is going downhill. the government was jsut caught in a scam.

you guys are nothing without america...the same with the rest of the world. we are the leaders, we have the money and the brains and the man power! face it, we are the world leader, and you can't do anything about it my friend!

You say we are nothing without America. which country welcomed your planes on 9/11. Isn't Canada. You also say you have the brains and money. Isn't this money stolen from an occupied land somewhere and the brains of scientists lured to come to the US for better pay. You can afford to pay them more here since you are taking their money.

Most scientists who made you who you are now are not Americans per say. They immigrated from Europe, china, India and the rest of the world.

And Canada will survive with you and without you. I personally think is a better place if you change your attitude.

Lisa

Electoral Member
May 22, 2004
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Owkeej, I am Dutch and therefore unbiased in this whole America - Canada fight, but will say something with regards to this discussion.

For one of my university courses I did some research recently (as some of you may know that was initially the reason for me to come here) on the foreign policies of American and Canada.
I held the view that America and Canada were completely opposite in their foreign policies, and that was therefore my simplified thesis. I could only partly prove this.
The fundament of both policies is nearly the same, but there are some crucial differences. First of all, as you all already mentioned regarding Bush and Iraq, America's policy can be represented by the term "policing"; active internatiol intervention in order to produce peace. Canada does the opposite and has a policy of "peacekeeping" wherein they prefer to passively (negotiating etc.) convey peace.
Furthermore what is interesting is that America's desicionmaking on foreign affairs is mostly done by a number of people in high positions, while Canada tries to involve the public as much as possible.

And now to give my own opinion: I strongly agree with the Canadian way of handling foreign policy. I always have been opposed to the war in Iraq, especially now with the crimes committed by the American army in that country.

Besides, Bush profits from this war; a large part of the money which fundes his campaign for the elections were gifts from various companies that benefitted from the war in Iraq (examples are: ship companies, missile producers etc.) Which is cruel and twisted I think.

Glad to get that of my chest

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
You have a very good point, Lisa. I really can appreciate unbiased views, and that's something that I hold in the Palestine VS. Israel stuff, actually just did a news article on that.

(Sorry, I had to split this topic from JDream's introduction topic).

Bush does profit from this war. It's very obvious that's a fact.

Thanks for you opinion :D