Nobel Prize Time

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
It's Nobel Prize time. This year's winners for medicine are Andrew Fire and Craig Mello "for their discovery of RNA interference" (I actually knew this discovery would win it soon, either for chemistry or medicine, so I'm not surprised at all). The winners for physics are John Mather and George Smoot "for their discovery of the blackbody form and anisotropy of the cosmic microwave background radiation". Chemistry will be announced tomorrow, Economics on October 9th and Peace on October 13th. The date for literature will be announced soon. So....any predictions?
Nobel Prize

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
i'm gonna win the chemistry one for sitting down and waiting for purple stuff to congeal in a schlenk tube twenty times a week and still not making anything useful after 2 years of hardly trying.

MattUK

Electoral Member
Aug 11, 2006
UK
I am going to win the Nobel Prize for Physics one day soon.

Honest.

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
And the winner for Chemistry is....Roger Kornberg (son of previous nobel laureate Arthur Kornberg) "for his studies of the molecular basis of eukaryotic transcription". Link

Sorry hermanntrude, maybe next year :)

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
so basically the prize goes to a biologist.

A hint to all researchers in chemistry. Add "bio" to your research proposal and it will magically be accepted

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
Yeah, they really should have a "biochemistry" prize as well. There are other prizes for biochemistry, but probably none as coveted as the nobel prize.