Nobel Peace Prize

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
OSLO (AFP) - A Norwegian parliamentarian said he had nominated Irish pop star turned campaigner for Africa Bob Geldof for next year's Nobel Peace Prize.

"I have always thought that rock music builds bridges, that it is a factor of peace," Jan Simonsen, a former right wing member of parliament, now an independent, told AFP.

"Whether it's in Palestine or in Israel, rock is a link between young people."

Geldof, former leader of the Boomtown Rats, sprang to wider fame for his humanitarian activities 20 years ago with his Live Aid concerts to draw attention to famine in Ethiopia.

Twenty years on he was the driving force behind the recent Live 8 concerts organized to coincide with the G8 summit in Scotland, again to focus international attention on Africa.

Thousands of people are qualified to nominate peace prize candidates but the deadline for nominations is traditionally February 1, so that Geldof cannot be put forward as a candidate for this year.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say bush is doing lots in Africa and it gets you nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Geldof, eh? I know one Irishmen who's going to be pissed, or forced to pick up the pace. Competition brings out the best in people. :)