no not a spy

SECONDGEN

Electoral Member
Jun 7, 2005
Near the Rockies
I just came in to support your happy little thread because BC is almost as much home to me as Alberta is.
I have no idea how to make that link work so you just click it sorry, but I am a computer brickwall, I kind of refuse progress after a certain point.
But this past may I took a whirl wind trek to Kimberly and just shot a few pics along the way and wanted to share them.
If the link fails then try www.worldisround.com, click authors, and type in Calgary is home and it takes you to my only article there.
I think I have more pics of your fair province than I do of my own. I truly love it out your way.

Except maybe for merrit bleck. (mind you Nicola Lake is nice heh hehe.

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/170607/index.html

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Great pix, Nextgen. I just moved to Victoria from that area ... lived in Invermere. Gotta admit, it is beautiful there, but the winters are just too damn cold and long for me. Actually, I was BORN in Invermere, but I try to forget that part. Bit redneck for me!

Last time I camped at Premier Lake we were almost packed off by mosquitos! It's gorgeous there. I had my one and only canoe trip on that lake.

BTW ... camping, for me, means a fully equipped trailer, complete with heater, electricity for my blow dryer and toilet. ;)

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yes I do remember that about you :wink: your idea of camping 8O ...although you were pretty good at mending fence lines.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
BTW ... camping, for me, means a fully equipped trailer, complete with heater, electricity for my blow dryer and toilet.

I don't need that much, but after spending several years sleeping in a tent with wet dogs, I have no idea why I didn't buy a camper sooner. I'm kind of negotiating for my dad's trailer now that he's going into a home though. My stepmother is deathly afraid of pulling a trailer but she's reluctant to sell it because she can put us and the dogs in there when we come to visit. I think I know the solution. :wink:

The first time I took Mrs. Rev camping, Zen and I taught her how to make coffee in beer bottles. I really have no idea why she married me. 8O

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Coffee in beer bottles? If you can do that, no wonder she married you! ;) BTW ... how DO you do that?

Good luck on the trailer. I kinda figure that after our drunken teen years we've earned the right to sleep up off the ground. You'll probably still have a bed full of wet dogs though ... I've discovered canines love luxury too.

SECONDGEN

Electoral Member
Jun 7, 2005
Near the Rockies
Cosmo said:
Great pix, Nextgen. I just moved to Victoria from that area ... lived in Invermere. Gotta admit, it is beautiful there, but the winters are just too damn cold and long for me. Actually, I was BORN in Invermere, but I try to forget that part. Bit redneck for me!

Last time I camped at Premier Lake we were almost packed off by mosquitos! It's gorgeous there. I had my one and only canoe trip on that lake.

BTW ... camping, for me, means a fully equipped trailer, complete with heater, electricity for my blow dryer and toilet. ;)

Ahahaha I have camped in all kinds of conditions and units still prefer the tent trailer, hardly any frills and off the ground. So simple really hehehehe. No shame in being born in Invermere hehehehehe Tis truly awesome country side out that way. I am totally hooked on Marysville out past Kimberly. I dunno why. Just so gorgeous.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
SECONDGEN said:
I have no idea how to make that link work so you just click it sorry,
http://www.worldisround.com/articles/170607/index.html

It's simple SecondGen; when you are posting your note, look to the upper right. There is a box that says 'URL'. Click that FIRST, paste your link like you have been and then click the box again.

Maker sure you don't leave any spaces inside.

It should look like this (I'm using the other kind of brackets, so you can see it):

{url}http://www.worldisround.com/articles/170607/index.html{/url}