NB Provincial Election

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
We could be heading for another provincial election within two months because of the defection of one of Lord's PCs. This left them with 26 seats, while the Liberals have the same number and there are now two independents sitting. The election could be called just after the next provincial budget is released,assuming the Libs want to take power here. At least, this time we will be voting in far better weather[unlike what we had for the federal one]

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
It looks like the PC party is self destructing, with Allaby helping his Liberal relatives recruit brainless twits to sit as independents. Although it's a toss up between who is more brainless, Fowlie or Tanker, Tanker's the one who fell for it.

Let the mudslinging begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotuslander

Electoral Member
Jan 30, 2006
Vancouver
I don't think teh Government is going to fall on the budget vote as the two independents have nothing to gain from a new election. Conversely they have everything to lose, mainly their paycheques!

I think Allaby may vote with the opposition but I would be surprised if the other independent did and that should be enough to kee p the Gov't afloat until the fall at which time if the polls are right they may go to a vote. The last poll I saw for New Brunswick had the Tories 7 points back of the Liberals and so I think Lord will probably try to delay a general election, however, that gap is narrowing down from a 13 point gap earlier on in the year, so, it is possible that Lord may analyse the situation differently and decidde that public opinion is moving in his direction.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Lord was in town Friday with his special friend,S.Harper, promising millions in new funding for parts of the province. Just another election sign and these monies are contingent on another PC win.

Lotuslander

Electoral Member
Jan 30, 2006
Vancouver
Yep whenever the PM is in town that is a good sign that an election may be around the corner. If the Tories keep closing the gap as was indicated by hte last CRA poll (i think it was released the first week of March) then I think you guys will be heading to the polls mid-May probably after a Throne Speech and a budget. Who knows though the budget may be the catalyst for the elction.