Murders in Toronto

Hotshot

Electoral Member
May 31, 2006
To be politically correct, we shouldn't profile the race here, but look at most of the accused.....

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Politically correct: i thought the dogma had finally been given its due. Stomped to death in the forum of public opinion. My, how it writhed.

Hotshot

Electoral Member
May 31, 2006
What gets me is tv news always has a crying mother saying how good her boy is as he is being arrested... Ya right, owning guns and all. Give me a break!

kandy

Jul 10, 2006
This week Baltimore's murder count should pass 135. That's for a city one SIXTH the size of Toronto (so Baltimore should have 20 murders or Toronto should have 810 murders - only six months into the year, depending on how you want to look at it. I'm a Canadian, grad student here, for almost 8 years now. I used to live in Toronto.

I think the point is well made by some... too often a "drama case" has to be made to bring attention to gun crime. Here it has become so happen stance people don't think about it. There are actually, I kid you not, signs on the city streets that say "Enough is enough" with the outline of a dead person on them (really - freaky....). These aren't some kind of public protest signs - these are the kind the Dept of Public Works makes and posts - like stop signs. Things are so bad here that people just stop caring at all.

It is true that Toronto is suffering growing pains - and it's also true that too many other towns, and people of different colors are neglected (and I'm sure the race issue is going to show up in Toronto as if it's "black crime" not gun crime) but the gun control aspect **does** seem to be a difference at least - no control here and let me tell you, here, College Park (the University of Maryland is there) you'll hear **gunfire** about once a week as people simply shoot off their guns at one another. Keep that image in mind when thinking about the future you want for Toronto and any city or town in Canada

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
I live within two hours of Toronto and have watched it grow and change from the 60's on. The indiscriminate shooting that occurs in certain sections of the city now and the ruthless gangs that dominate this lawlessness are new to Toronto in the last 25 years. The problem has been growing for years and the politically correct nutbars who have intimidated Canadians from speaking out are finally being overwhelmed by the shots outside their city's doors. It didn't have to be this way. The race issue is big in Toronto and it's well known Jamaican connections are behind the continuing melee. Canadians in Ontario want answers and they want them especially from the people who made this mess possible.

MrSutton

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto
I know this is an old topic but i have some things to add.

First off, Gang bangers aren't neccisarily bad people, i'd say most aren't. They are more often than not given no other way but to join a gang to be able to live. And this guy talking about banning all this stuff, your idea is ridiculous, especially for the fact of how many people would lose jobs if there were no criminals. Society NEEDS crime, face it.

And The guy saying his freind was a security gaurd and got shot outside his house, i hate to be rude, but i bet it was some guy you knew like 4 years prior to the event.

You the named Texas, i hope to god you aren't from Texas, because there is no reason for your input on the conversation.

Now if you look at the population in toronto, and you look at how many murders happen a year, it is a minmal ammount, a vast few die per year. And as for the police putting everything towards finding the murderers, they are, and they can't just put bountys on every single toronto criminal who murdered some one. The reason the police haven't found the killers is because obviously there trail has ran a little cold, they rely on a lot of information the public gives, because police officers aren't even at the scene of the crime, neither are forensics. They just peice together a story, that is not that far from the truth, to catch some one without reasonable doubt. They never, in my opinion at least, get the full truth.

Last but not least, now that i have realisd halfway through my post you have lived in toronto texas boy, those areas are hard yes. especially if you're white. but some ones not gonna shoot you in the face if you didn't do anything to them. The stray bullet factor is just a technicallity of current crime happening at the time, it's not meant for them, its sad, get the hell over it. You can't stop human nature, people will die, we are lucky we live in a safe country where there is a minor amount of murders. Try living in Kingston, Jamiaca.

- Mr Sutton