Moving to Saskatchewan

habsfan4life

Feb 9, 2007
Hello guys,
just signed up!

I am currently in Montreal as you would already know by my screename..

We want to move to Saskatchewan (just to start a 'new' life)

I was wondering for those who live and who have information about Saskatchewan...

How is the housing market? Jobs for students and truckers? What are the universities and how much would it cost for me? I am Canadian Citizen and studying in College right now.

What about sponsorship, if I were to sponsor someone - how long would the process be?

Thanks all!

blugoo

Nominee Member
Aug 15, 2006
Housing is generally affordable, although going up. Still, it would likely be quite a bit cheaper than Montreal...

Jobs are relatively plentiful. I believe I heard Saskatoon has the lowest unemployment of any city in the country, except for Calgary.

As far as universities go, there is the U of S, in Saskatoon, and the U of R in Regina.

I'm not sure what you mean by sponsorship...you mean someone from another country?

habsfan4life

Feb 9, 2007
Housing is generally affordable, although going up. Still, it would likely be quite a bit cheaper than Montreal...

Jobs are relatively plentiful. I believe I heard Saskatoon has the lowest unemployment of any city in the country, except for Calgary.

As far as universities go, there is the U of S, in Saskatoon, and the U of R in Regina.

I'm not sure what you mean by sponsorship...you mean someone from another country?

Thank you for the reply.

Universities - are the tuition fees high? In Montreal we pay around 2000$ per semester, any idea over there?

Sponsorship - if I can settle there and sponsor a family member from outside of Canada.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
to sponsor someone all u got to do is prove u can make money and u got a place to live. my wife sponsored me it wasnt much trouble. costs a bit and takes a while though. u need lots of paperwork too, make sure u save all your statements and stuff like that

blugoo

Nominee Member
Aug 15, 2006
Thank you for the reply.

Universities - are the tuition fees high? In Montreal we pay around 2000$ per semester, any idea over there?

Sponsorship - if I can settle there and sponsor a family member from outside of Canada.

Tuition fees seem to be higher...maybe around $2500 a semester for an average student. Depends on what courses you take, of course. you can check out this link http://explore.usask.ca/moneymatters/tuition/#footnotes for some info on the U of S, for example.

I don't really know much about immigration/sponsorship specifically to Saskatchewan, but I believe it's more of a federal jurisdiction. Checking out the government of Canada's website for information might be useful.