Morals

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
In this so called crazed world we live in, with Islamic fanaticals and then Christian or other radicals, there is a whole lot of them. Should one person still keep their own morals together to keep them human.

Because in my religion there are 9 morals to follow no matter what and I add a few more on to try to try to be good as I can.

And one of them is to ensure that I do not act in a way that will hurt innocent people intentionally or allow fellow (soldiers) in this case if it may occur, hopefully not, to hurt or kill innocent civilians for no good reason.

So like at the top should morals be loosened or forgotten in times of trouble or should you stick too your morals, because to you and you alone you are doing what is morally right.

Anyone??

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
I have a set of personal morals which I live by. Those I have followed either because they are logical or because they feel right. For instance I don't eat bacon. I havn't for 8 years now, I miss it but ever since I worked with moslums for a few years back then I havn't had the heart to eat bacon ever. It's hard to explain, those are one of my morals not based on logic!

However I think most of my morals are pretty simuler to Christian morals, however I have an extreme sence of Libertarianism which is not apart of the christian moral system at some points. Like that concerning peoples religions, and religous practices. I guess you could say my morals are based on Christian values but are intencely personal as so are my religous beliefs as well.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Finder said:
I have a set of personal morals which I live by. Those I have followed either because they are logical or because they feel right. For instance I don't eat bacon. I havn't for 8 years now, I miss it but ever since I worked with moslums for a few years back then I havn't had the heart to eat bacon ever. It's hard to explain, those are one of my morals not based on logic!

However I think most of my morals are pretty simuler to Christian morals, however I have an extreme sence of Libertarianism which is not apart of the christian moral system at some points. Like that concerning peoples religions, and religous practices. I guess you could say my morals are based on Christian values but are intencely personal as so are my religous beliefs as well.

Agreed. Well luckily my beliefs and morals aren't Christian because I don't know what it would want. However, these morals that I believe in I strongly believe is what gets me through life and I try to do that in the military as well.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Well I admit I'm a little more direct action then the Christian belief is, though I like to point out the hypocracies in the Christian-Right and how they do not follow the teachings of Jesus Christ at all.

Jesus says if slapped you turn the other check. But many of these Right wing mega churches and right wing churches in the states seem to believe that you stricvk the other person first, or at least once you get hit you beat the living sh*t out of that person.

Also Jesus said Jesus says, "judge not lest ye be judged", yet we have all the Christian right judging everyone from Hugo to court judges to politicians, "praying for death" on these people as well! Hell we don't even have to look that fare anymore, look in our Christian forum at those who judge, not only others from other religions but those of their own religion and appointing themselves the judge to determine if others are christian.

Calliope

Jun 13, 2006
I believe in a higher power which you can call what you want I have my own set of morals, "To do no harm." That in my book covers it all. Anything you can say or do against another person would be against the "do no harm" I am not saying I succeed all the time but I work at it. I really do not feel I do any better or any worse than some one that follows a religious doctrine. I do not subscribe to any religion. I believe religions were made by man for man. Religious just means something you do scrupulously and are conscientiously faithful to.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
To be moral means, if anything, to put the public good first. Community matters.
The problem with Christianity is that Christ himself promised to return within the lifetime of some of those he taught or accompanied. He didn't. I can only think He was fired. The Old Testament strikes a much different chord than Christ. Looks like when push came to shove He lost.

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
Jersay, and what are your beliefs that you stick to? If this is not too personal a question.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
COURAGE: Face life struggles and don't try to shy away from it.

TRUTH: Act in what I believe is truth.

HONOR: To hold honour highly held tightly to the heart.

FIDELITY: Stay true to my Asatru faith and values, and being loyal to family, my religion and my country.

HOSPITALITY: Share with others, even a unknown stranger.

DISCIPLINE: Have self-control and clearmindedness within this crazy world. Listen to both sides.

INDUSTRIOUSNESS
Taking risks and enjoying life, I enjoy life and I am not afraid of death. Passivity is for sheep. Refusing to be a mere spectator in life.

SELF-RELIANCE: I can be self-reliant when necessary

PERSEVERANCE: continuing down a path until its complete. This subscribes well to the DND and other paths.

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
Jersay, these are very worthy and sound principles that you believe in. I found from what you wrote that Asatru principles have a lot in common with our Pagan values, which is not surprising, as ours are both Pagan religions. Our principles are, in brief, these:
1. Honor Rod the Almighty and all the Pagan Gods.

2. Live a free life, you are the likeness of your Gods.

3.Remember your ancestors, who have preserved our culture.

4.Be a Warrior and do not kill without necessity.

5.Respect and obey your Parents.

6.Take full responsibility for what you do.

7.Treat Old people and children with understanding.

8.Don’t lie to, don’t humiliate and don’t offend those of your Religion.

9.Remember the Law of hospitality and don’t break it without necessity.

10.Love, understand and respect your Wife, Husband and children.

11.Live in harmony with Nature, remember, that it is alive.

12.Live a worthy Life and leave it with dignity.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Vereya said:
Jersay, these are very worthy and sound principles that you believe in. I found from what you wrote that Asatru principles have a lot in common with our Pagan values, which is not surprising, as ours are both Pagan religions. Our principles are, in brief, these:
1. Honor Rod the Almighty and all the Pagan Gods.

2. Live a free life, you are the likeness of your Gods.

3.Remember your ancestors, who have preserved our culture.

4.Be a Warrior and do not kill without necessity.

5.Respect and obey your Parents.

6.Take full responsibility for what you do.

7.Treat Old people and children with understanding.

8.Don’t lie to, don’t humiliate and don’t offend those of your Religion.

9.Remember the Law of hospitality and don’t break it without necessity.

10.Love, understand and respect your Wife, Husband and children.

11.Live in harmony with Nature, remember, that it is alive.

12.Live a worthy Life and leave it with dignity.

Those are really excellent principles as well. I need to ask you a question. What is your Pagan religion again because i was reading somewhere about Russians Pagans who were of Nordic background that were being persecuted basically. Just wondering.

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
Jersay said:
Those are really excellent principles as well. I need to ask you a question. What is your Pagan religion again because i was reading somewhere about Russians Pagans who were of Nordic background that were being persecuted basically. Just wondering.

My religion is Slavonic Paganism, we worship Slavonic Gods. However, as far as I know, Nordic peoples and Slavonic peoples have about the same origin, so Slavonic Paganism has very much in common with Nordic Pagan Reliogion. It is possible, for instance, to draw a parallel between Odin and Perun, one of our Gods. And right now there is quite a lot of people in Russia, who worship Nordic Gods, though I really can't say much about them. I just don't know any of them personally.
And as for the persecution - you wouldn't believe it! There is nowadays a lot of aggression, a lot of pressure coming from the the official christian church of Russia. Paganism is officially proclaimed to be a sect. Though how can it be called a sect, I cannot understand, because it is the genuine religion of the Russian people, while christianity was introduced only in the 10th century, in a very violent way. And you cannot discuss Paganism freely right now, because you'll be accused of starting interreligious and interracial quarrels. That's just ridiculous, but that is connected to the government policy - the government, the president and the officials never even address the people as Russians, even the word "Russian" is very seldom used, we are all just citizens of Russia. It looks like it is a shameful thing to call yourself Russian in your own country. And our religion is very much about national awareness, because it is the Russian, Slavonic Gods that we worship, so being Russian is an important thing to us, though we are not in any way aggressive about it.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Vereya said:
Jersay said:

My religion is Slavonic Paganism, we worship Slavonic Gods. However, as far as I know, Nordic peoples and Slavonic peoples have about the same origin, so Slavonic Paganism has very much in common with Nordic Pagan Reliogion. It is possible, for instance, to draw a parallel between Odin and Perun, one of our Gods. And right now there is quite a lot of people in Russia, who worship Nordic Gods, though I really can't say much about them. I just don't know any of them personally.
And as for the persecution - you wouldn't believe it! There is nowadays a lot of aggression, a lot of pressure coming from the the official christian church of Russia. Paganism is officially proclaimed to be a sect. Though how can it be called a sect, I cannot understand, because it is the genuine religion of the Russian people, while christianity was introduced only in the 10th century, in a very violent way. And you cannot discuss Paganism freely right now, because you'll be accused of starting interreligious and interracial quarrels. That's just ridiculous, but that is connected to the government policy - the government, the president and the officials never even address the people as Russians, even the word "Russian" is very seldom used, we are all just citizens of Russia. It looks like it is a shameful thing to call yourself Russian in your own country. And our religion is very much about national awareness, because it is the Russian, Slavonic Gods that we worship, so being Russian is an important thing to us, though we are not in any way aggressive about it.

Wow. And I'm surprised that Russia would be having so much discrimination agaInst Slavic Paganism. They could just it to unite Russia even better.

Well, I am not that surprised really there is discrimination almost everywhere.

And thanks for informing me.