Mercenaries targeting civilians in Iraq?

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
How to win friends and influence people?

The following link contains a video clip which seems to show private security contractors shooting at Iraqi civilians from a moving vehicle.

There are over 25,000 such contractors in Iraq - they are immune from prosecution under Iraqi law.

link

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Mercenaries targeting

Nice law the US created for the Iraqis there, eh? They made sure that mercenaries were above the law and filled the country with them.

The firm in the video is British, but most of the mercenaries are hired by US companies.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Mercenaries targeting

U.S. military to probe video of Iraq car chase, shooting

A teaser:

BAGHDAD, Iraq — A silver Mercedes swings into the passing lane when a machine gun opens fire, sending the car smashing into a taxi, whose terrified occupants scatter. Moments later, in a video apparently recorded in Iraq and posted on the Internet, a white sedan is riddled with bullets as it accelerates on an open highway.

Framed as if on a movie screen by the outline of a sport-utility vehicle's rear window, those scenes and others show what appear to be private security contractors firing on Iraqi civilians. The video footage, available on the Web site GlobalResearch.ca, has prompted an investigation by the U.S. military, a spokesman said Thursday, and by the company linked to the incidents. It even has a soundtrack: Elvis Presley's upbeat "Mystery Train."[/teaser]

Well I am glad they are investigating this.

I tried to find original thread for this, but could not, and this thread is similar enough, so I posted it here.

FYI- You can find the video Here if you want to watch it

bhoour

Electoral Member
May 10, 2005
earth
I have seen horrible stuff on a couple of web sites I stumbled across, stuff I wish I'd never seen.

8O

What looks like non-military killing civilians in Iraq. There are whole forums dedicated to the gory aftermath.