Mentioning or remembering God with glorification and praising

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
To mention His glorious names with praise and exaltation is a great worship.
To mention Him alone without mentioning others with Him is the devotion to Him alone.
To remember God in every instance and situation: seeking His help and praying Him while man stands up, sit down or lie in bed.
Saying: "Glory be to God and Praise is due to Him" is a great worship, which is easy by the tongue, while its reward is great.
Moreover, God remembers you with His blessings in a way greater than your remembering Him with your glorification and praise.
Quran 33: 41-42, which means
(41. Believers, mention God [in celebration] with much mentioning.
42. And celebrate His praises, morning and evening. a)
..................................................................................................................................................................................

a The meaning: Glorify Him continuously: day and night. It means: You should remember Him at every time, and when you see any codmic sign and when you see any marvelous creature.
Therefore, God commanded us to remember and glorify Him continuously, but in the present time, most people forsook God’s remembrance and started to remember and mention the sheikhs, imams and patrons.
Obviously this is the ‘association’: so they mention them when they stand up and sit down, mention them in their delights and in their distresses, in their birthdays and their death days, they mention them to request their needs from them; they forgot about God, Who consequently made them forget about their own souls; certainly such people are the disbelievers.

Last edited:

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
After the past two ayat, God - be glorified - said in the Quran 33: 43, which means:
(43. It is [God] Who sends [blessings and mercy] on you b [O believers] as do His angels c, to bring you forth from the depths of the darkness into light; God is Most Merciful to believers d.)
...................................................................................................................................................................................

b i.e. He communicates with you: by sending His blessings and mercy on you.

c By bringing the revelation to your prophet, by helping you against your enemies and by guiding you to the righteous way.
This is because the revelation is of two kinds: the first is from God to the prophet directly without any means, and the second is when some of the angels brings it down.
The purpose of sending down the revelation and conveying it to you, is in order to bring you forth from the depths of the darkness into light.
Therefore, contemplate this word, for God – be glorified – did not say: “He communicates with you because you are pious”, but He said that is in order “to bring you forth from the depths of the darkness into light”; i.e. from the darkness of the ignorance to the light of the knowledge and guidance.
Hence, He means, by the Arabic word in the aya, the communication.

d So that God communicates to them with His blessings and bounties.

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
God remembers the one who remembers Him:
Quran 29: 45, which means:
([Indeed] God remembers [you with His mercy] far more [than you do remember Him with your obedience.])

Similar to this in meaning is His saying – be glorified – in the Quran 2: 152, which means:
(Therefore [always] do remember Me [with glorification], and I will remember you [with favors.]
Be thankful to Me, and deny not [My favors on you.]
)