Meeting Forum Folk

Do you think it's a good idea to meet, f2f, people you meet online?

• Bad idea!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends on the reason.

• Love to do it!

• Total voters

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
and whats wrong with having a sasquatch suit :p They are quite handy to have when out and aboot in the woods, mine is hanging in the closet right now. :p :wink:

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
Nothing wrong with a sasquatch suit. I know some people who moved here to Victoria and found jobs here by chating online (seems like the only way to find a job on the island). I'm working right now but the contract is temporary and need to find a new job. Anyone know of available work in Victoria? I'll buy you a beer (another way to find work on the island).

JDream

Council Member
Apr 10, 2004
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
www.cu2.nl
I've met like 7 peeps on-line. And they were very nice.. I'll tell about a girl I met.. It was this summer.. In July and I was on vacation
This girl, I was planning to meet was also coming so we talked via msn and I asked when she was coming and she told me so when she came there I went there by bicycle, took me 3 hours, LOL, But I didn't care, My mom said ‘Don't go, It could be a crazy man of 52!’ and actually the mother of the girl also said that to her, So I was waiting for her and then I saw her walking, And she saw me :D So I walked over to her and we gave eachother a hug and said hi and everything :) It was really cool, I wasn't scared of who I'd see..

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle
No...no...no... That's not the suit Rev. Its the human one that's the suit. That's why it so easy for me to hide after sightings.

Certainly you have to be cautious. It is a good idea to exchange photos before hand. I can say I've met a couple of people I have talked to on line. I didn't have much trouble...but then we Sasquatch usually don't.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Here's one story you'll love!

A professor friend of mine here decided to go online and pretend she ws a man at the university she tought at. Anyway, a student from the university started corresponding with her and within three days, was in love! But here's a whole other twist. The Chinese are usually not used to seeing black people! And add to that that my friend was old enough to be the student's mother.

Anyway, three days later, they make an arrangement to meet at the university's teacher's office. So on that day, a beautifully dressed girl knocks on the door, the door opens, and she asks for John. Of course all the teachers are looking around asking if anyone knows who's john. Well, my friend stands up and says, "here I am".

The student goes pale, and the teachers all start giving her a pep talk about how she should focus on her studies before worrying about sex, and that she shouldn't trust people on line because she just doesn't know who might be on the other end.

Oh boy, you never know who wyou're dealing with. :)

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
Haha, that was a great story Machjo! :) I've never met any people who I met online for real. I never go to chatrooms etc., and the people I met on forums are always living in a foreign country (with a few exceptions). Not so long ago I planned to go to a meeting in Germany though, but at the same moment I was banned from the forum ... so well, I didn't go :)

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Hey Gonzo pm cosmo's she knows people in your field here...if you find something via cosmos, I won't take a beer, but a exta foamy lattie will be fine...I will be wearing a saquatch suit, I go by the name of 3 toed sam when I wear it tho. :p

JD, I have never met any peeps online :p