Man cures himself of HIV

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Apparently they even did DNA on the original blood to make sure it was in fact his. Interesting for sure...

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I read that earlier and hope he goes thru with the testing to see just why and how the disease left him. 35 million people infected with this..I pray this is true.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
Boy, if they find out that that fellows immune system knocked out the HIV that guy's going to be one hell of a Guinea Pig for the research.

:lol: If he was smart he should go get a patent on his immune system. After all if companies can patent their genetic...creations, that this guy should go for it.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: Man cures himself of

There was a fellow in London who even though his partner was HIV positive and they had unprotected sex he never caught the virus.

Doctors tested his blood and found they could not introduce the virus to it and have it take. he was effectively immune from the virus.

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
It's nice to see that there may actually be a cure for this disease, people still feel that a positive HIV test is like a death sentance...despite the fact that it can be controlled. Perhaps this will help the public's understanding...

However, we all know that there are people who will flaunt themselves around sharing needles and hopping from bed to bed, thinking that they need not worry, because if they get HIV they can be cured. Unfortunate, really that there are peoplt who think like this and put themselves and others at risk

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Just imagine if this guy's blood serum would cure AIDS in other people. I can think of plots for a dozen novels based on this fellow's suddenly in demand, bodily fluids. The wealthiest AIDS sufferers would pay a fortunes for a place at the head of the line.

Back to reality, it would be great if this led to a real breakthrough in the treatment of this disease.

sj007

Council Member
Nov 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
www.canadiancontent.net
Jo Canadian said:
Boy, if they find out that that fellows immune system knocked out the HIV that guy's going to be one hell of a Guinea Pig for the research.

:lol: If he was smart he should go get a patent on his immune system. After all if companies can patent their genetic...creations, that this guy should go for it.

only in the states can u patent genetic matireal

ive also heard of african prositutes beeing emune to aids due to diffrent protiens on the top of thier cells

i could try and explain wht in laymans terms if anyones interested