>> Magic Roman & Greek ruins in Libya <<

Handsome21

Feb 11, 2006
Hi,I am a Libyan living in Montreal . I love Canada & the Canadians too much :oops:

I wish to tell you that if anybody can visit my country Libya , he or she will be surprised by the huge roman & greek ruins there.

Simply if you wish to learn about the Roman & Greek history just visit Libya :wink:

The best roman & greek ruins in the world present there

1- the best roman theatre in the world is present in the old city of Sabratha in Libya north west

The old city is so nice in spring you can see a lot of flowers at this time

Sabratha is located about 67 km west of the Capital of Libya -Tripoli on the mediterranean

Handsome21

Feb 11, 2006
2-This is Leptis Magna 123 km east of Tripoli on the mediterranean

Leptis Magna is the biggest preserved roman city in the world 8)

Handsome21

Feb 11, 2006
this is the magic roman arch at Leptis Magna :oops:

3-The museum in Tripoli

VENUS :wink:

God of Greece ..... one of them :wink:

nitzomoe

Electoral Member
Dec 31, 2004
Toronto
RE: >> Magic Roman & Gree

beautiful! thanks a lot! Libya truly is a beuatiful country I remember watching an episode of the british travel guy on outdoor life once I wish visa restrictions were a bit more lax otherwise id head over there.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Those were beautiful thanks for sharing them. But from the looks of things, it looks like the Liybian government did some restorations to the ruins, so I'm not sure if we are seeing what they actually looked like or what they'd like us to see. I might be wrong however. Very nice ruins anyhow. Anyways before the Romans conqoured Carthage, the inhabitants where Phoenician, which were not Greek but had a great influance on the ancients and the culture was adopted by most of the great ancient civs in one way or another.

Handsome21

Feb 11, 2006
Re: RE: >> Magic Roman & Gree

nitzomoe said:
beautiful! thanks a lot! Libya truly is a beuatiful country I remember watching an episode of the british travel guy on outdoor life once I wish visa restrictions were a bit more lax otherwise id head over there.

thanks , good luck ..

Handsome21

Feb 11, 2006
Finder said:
Those were beautiful thanks for sharing them. But from the looks of things, it looks like the Liybian government did some restorations to the ruins, so I'm not sure if we are seeing what they actually looked like or what they'd like us to see. I might be wrong however. Very nice ruins anyhow. Anyways before the Romans conqoured Carthage, the inhabitants where Phoenician, which were not Greek but had a great influance on the ancients and the culture was adopted by most of the great ancient civs in one way or another.

thank you very much, yes there are some restorations but without affecting or changing the original architecture or looking & they are done by expert people , in addition these restorations involve things like the front fence of Sabratha theatre which was broken in some parts but never involve the fine architecture , that is my knowledge .
Regarding the inhabitants before the Romans conqoured Carthage
definitely they were Phoenician in the province of three cities (( TRIPOLIS )) in north west Libya (( Leptis Magna + Oea >> the old name of Tripoli + Sabratha )), the Greek were located in the province of five cities (( PENTAPOLIS )) in Libya north east (( Cyrene + Apollonia + Barce + Ptolemais + Benghazi )) before the Roman arrival into the province , I will talk about this province now :wink:

Handsome21

Feb 11, 2006
4-let us leave the province of the three cities ( TRIPOLIS ) in north west Libya (( Leptis Magna + Oea >>>> The old name of Tripoli + Sabratha )) & visit the province of the five cities ( PENTAPOLIS ) in Libya north east (( Cyrene + Apollonia + Ptolemais + Barce + Benghazi )) .

This is Cyrene or Shahhat (( Athens of north africa )) , this old Greek city has both Roman & Greek ruins ,
it is located in the green mountain & the landscape here looks if you are somewhere in Greece or Turkey

Mosaic

Treasures of Cyrene

Greek mythology

Cyrene

Apollo found Cyrene wrestling alone with a lion and carried her off to that part of Libya where in later times he founded a city and named it, after her, Cyrene :wink: