Kenneth Lay dead

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
Kenneth Lay, the disgraced founder of Enron, has died. In May, he was found on charges of fraud and conspiracy.

Ken Lay, the disgraced founder of Enron Corp. who was convicted in May on charges of fraud and conspiracy, has died. He was scheduled to be sentenced in October. Lay, who was 64, died of a heart attack at a family home in Aspen, Colorado. Lay's pastor and lawyer have both confirmed his passing.

On May 25, a Houston jury convicted Ken Lay and former chief executive Jeffery Skilling in a criminal trial about the demise of Enron. Lay was convicted on six counts of fraud and conspiracy linked to the downfall of the organization he helped build into the seventh-largest company in the U.S. Lay faced up to 45 years in prison. He was free on a $5 million USD bond at the time of his death. He was ordered to surrender his passport before he left the Houston courthouse in May. Lay was also convicted on a count of bank fraud and three counts of making false statements to banks in a separate trial involving Lay's personal banking. He faced up to 120 years in prison for those convictions.

Check it out at CBC News: http://www.cbc.ca/story/business/national/2006/07/05/lay-dead.html

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Shoot, I was hoping he would spend some quality time with BTK. Damn.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
You're not happy he's dead. Investors lost billions because of that asshole.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
rest in peace, ya asshole.

Ken Lay's first day in Hell

Forced to drive 1982 Honda to Hall of Immolation
Handed warm pina colada upon arrival
New secretary, Medusa, fucks up weekend calendar again
Is constantly reminded by demonic imp: "you're down to your last million!"
Issued entire wardrobe of light blue suits/brown shoes
Filofax full of killer bees
Framed portrait of hideous wife floats before him everywhere he goes
Frequent phone calls from White House asking Kenny Boy how's it going
Water cooler issues nothing but dust bunnies
Lobster Thermadore off lunch menu
Realizes Hell is basically downtown Dallas with fewer traffic lights

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
Interesting thing about his death is that his money is now safe from the federal government- since he died before sentencing, his guilt basically died with him and the huge sums the Federal government was poised to extract on sentencing are now hands-off

Civil cases against his fortune may still proceed but I have a feeling that Lay would have been in his 80-90s or possibly even deceased by the time those cases are finally sorted out

I honestly doubt he's passed on, I think there's some other explanation for this, but that's just suspicion talking I guess, it is really odd that he passed away in perfect time to save his ill-gotten gains tho....

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
yeah, not to bring any "nutjob" name calling, but I swear the situation kinda stinks, given the huge number of actual crooks who were sort of involved- it just seems WAY too convenient somehow, and I don't feel like arguing so if you think my theory is nuts, just ignore it, since the "truth" will NEVER come to light in matter such as this

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Lay's pastor and lawyer have both confirmed his passing.

Geez, did anyone ask? Would it ever strike anyone here to have both a preacher and a lawyer confirm that you did, in fact, die? Why not the doctor? Sounds like someone is closing a door before it was even noticed. Sounds like a great place to start a conspiracy theory.

Uh....who will they bury? :p

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
MAN that is odd, #juan, I can't recall another death announcement where they listed who had confirmed the passing... makes ya wonder why they didn't do the same for Elvis so the constant sightings could be ended once and for all

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Rumour has it,(from a good source)

that Lay was seen at the Vancouver International Airport, with tickets to Hong Kong, and a suitcase on wheels that weighed 923 pounds. Was that suitcase bullion, or was he making off with his wife's jewelry? He apparently made no comments.

dekhqonbacha

Electoral Member
Apr 30, 2006
CsL, Mtl, Qc, Ca, NA, Er, SS,MW, Un
It's too bad that he died.

Usually during investigation period, many faults are found. And it will give to the governement to restrict some operations.

Because he is dead now, some one else might go his way without being noticed.