Islam vs. The World

Hank C

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2006
Calgary, AB
I was at work a couple of days ago and ended up having a conversation with a co-worker who is an immigrant from India. Now I have known this guy for a couple of years, and always pull his leg being the bleedingheart Liberal Party supporter his is. This guy actually voted Liberal on Jan 23, even after listening to my educated opinions for years!

We started chatting about the muslim world, everything from the Danish cartoons to the recent terrorist incident in southern Ontario. Anyway this guy is the poster boy for PC (political correctness), and it is hard at times to carry on a conversation without making your blood boil.

Back to the point, this guy had just recently visited his family in India, and remarked at how it has changed in the last decade or so. IBM, Sprint, etc...all these American companies with operations in his city. The one thing I found interesting was when he decribed how the security situation in India had become much more serious in recent times, at least in his neck of the woods.

Apparently since so many American companies are now located in Indian cities, they have now become the targets of the radical muslims who slip across the India-Pakistan border. Many workers are now ordered to keep their belongings in large storage facilities before entering their workplace for fears a muslim might attempt to bring explosives or guns to work and slaughter innocents. The threat of muslim radicals has spread from the border areas such as Kashmir to other major centers and is now a major concern.

India is not a homogeneous as many would believe, christians, buddhists, hindus, they all live in harmony. Is it any surprise that the majority groups causing all the problems fall under the banner of Islam? I don't think so. From India, to parts of Africa, to the European continent, to North America.....there is one group which stands out.

Again I say it is up to Islam to reform itself, not for us to accept barbarianism with open arms and closed eyes. It has nothing to do with race or racism, and everything to do with survival and safety of citizens of the freeworld.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
On that same token, however, it isn't up to Islamic persons (in particular, those in Canada, since I know Muslims better in this nation than I do in any other) to convince others to shed their discrimination. The very title of this thread seems to force negative baggage upon the Islamic population as a whole, and our Muslims in Canada are making a concerted effort, now more than ever, to lose that baggage, denounce terrorism and assist in being a part of the solution.

dekhqonbacha

Electoral Member
Apr 30, 2006
CsL, Mtl, Qc, Ca, NA, Er, SS,MW, Un
When I was on vacation, "terrorists" broke my locker and stole my things.

Unfortunately, here were no Muslims in my work place to blame for thief. I carried out the "investigation" myself. And I found out that it's not religion but it's jealously that brings about the hate against another person.

athabaska

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2005
I view entry into my country the same as I view entry into my home. When someone rings the bell I decide whether I want to let them in or not. If I'm not sure of their intentions then I have them stand on the doorstep or send them away. When in doubt I don't let them in even if that doubt isn't all that strong. I don't have to make the case for excluding them but they have to make the case for me including them..without any iota of suspicion.

Of course, 'my country' is 'our country' and many Muslim Canadians are in the 'our' so it is their choice also. I expect Muslim Canadians to do everythig to make 'our house' safe. Some don't. I don't trust a minority of them to make the house safe for the rest of us. If I had my way I would exclude all Muslims from entry into Canada until such time as the bad apples can be stopped. This is probably also the feeling among a large part of the population of most Western countries. We also, however, recognize that not 'I' but all of society has a part in the decision.

If there is more Muslim terrorism in Western counties then it won't just be right wing movement that demands exclusion of Muslims but support across the political spectrum. It'll start in the Netherlands or spain, etc, and become the norm. Americans, Canadians and othes are not going to let our children be blown up, poisoned, radiated or anything else in the name of Allah.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
athabaska said:
I view entry into my country the same as I view entry into my home. When someone rings the bell I decide whether I want to let them in or not. If I'm not sure of their intentions then I have them stand on the doorstep or send them away. When in doubt I don't let them in even if that doubt isn't all that strong. I don't have to make the case for excluding them but they have to make the case for me including them..without any iota of suspicion.

Of course, 'my country' is 'our country' and many Muslim Canadians are in the 'our' so it is their choice also. I expect Muslim Canadians to do everythig to make 'our house' safe. Some don't. I don't trust a minority of them to make the house safe for the rest of us. If I had my way I would exclude all Muslims from entry into Canada until such time as the bad apples can be stopped. This is probably also the feeling among a large part of the population of most Western countries. We also, however, recognize that not 'I' but all of society has a part in the decision.

If there is more Muslim terrorism in Western counties then it won't just be right wing movement that demands exclusion of Muslims but support across the political spectrum. It'll start in the Netherlands or spain, etc, and become the norm. Americans, Canadians and othes are not going to let our children be blown up, poisoned, radiated or anything else in the name of Allah.

Wel then I hope you are prepared to stop all immigration to root out the bad apples that come from all sects in society. If not, tough luck.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
athabaska said:

Wel then I hope you are prepared to stop all immigration to root out the bad apples that come from all sects in society. If not, tough luck.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
athabaska said:

Hank C

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2006
Calgary, AB
Re: RE: Islam vs. The World

dekhqonbacha said:
When I was on vacation, "terrorists" broke my locker and stole my things.

Unfortunately, here were no Muslims in my work place to blame for thief. I carried out the "investigation" myself. And I found out that it's not religion but it's jealously that brings about the hate against another person.

yea your right, this is about jealousy :roll:

Hank C

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2006
Calgary, AB
Its only a matter of time before we re-think immigration on the same level the Europeans are......the left and right will dissapear (except for maybe the NDP).

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Not going to happen. two totally different situations. Europe there is Muslim extremism because of marginalization, not liking their views and the history that Muslims and Christians have in Europe. Different in Canada.

athabaska

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2005
In europe there is Muslim extremism because of marginalization? Well, then let's be sure not to let any more Muslims into Canada because somebody is always going to feel marginalized.

Judge: 'Do you have anything to say"

Muslim: "Yes, I planted a bomb in Toronto and blew 50 children to bits because I felt marginalized. You see, it's only to be expected that when people don't feel accepted that they go out and murder children."

If Muslims can't control their violent tendencies because they are 'marginalized' then they are too dangerous to allow into western nations.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine

athabaska said:
In europe there is Muslim extremism because of marginalization? Well, then let's be sure not to let any more Muslims into Canada because somebody is always going to feel marginalized.

Muslim: "Yes, I planted a bomb in Toronto and blew 50 children to bits because I felt marginalized. You see, it's only to be expected that when people don't feel accepted that they go out and murder children."

If Muslims can't control their violent tendencies because they are 'marginalized' then they are too dangerous to allow into western nations.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

And I think one more

:roll:

Now to the topic at hand, you don't get rid of the problem by shipping them off because they are marganalized. You work to fix the problem, and if you don't fix the problem because there are alot more groups then just Muslims who are being marganalized then you will have an even bigger problem.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
athabaska said:

Very non-PC post, excellent. That's what's going to kill North America if we allow it. Being politically correct for some is more important. Just look at Europe.

Hank C

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2006
Calgary, AB

Jersay said:
athabaska said:

And I think one more

Now to the topic at hand, you don't get rid of the problem by shipping them off because they are marganalized. You work to fix the problem, and if you don't fix the problem because there are alot more groups then just Muslims who are being marganalized then you will have an even bigger problem.

It up to Islam to reform itself, not for us to accept barbarianism. You are right, there are many groups being marginalized to much greater extent I might add. However it is consistently the muslims who are engaging in terrorism.hmmm....

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine

Hank C said:
Jersay said:
athabaska said:

And I think one more

It up to Islam to reform itself, not for us to accept barbarianism. You are right, there are many groups being marginalized to much greater extent I might add. However it is consistently the muslims who are engaging in terrorism.hmmm....

Like i said before, i will say again there are thousands of thousands of terrorist groups that are not Muslim at all. Its only through something, fear of islam possibly (Europe), or something who knows what that they are all labeled terrorists. They are only a fraction and within that they are a fraction of the Islamic religion.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Religions by percentage in India.

I was surprised to learn that Muslims were that much of a minority. On the other hand, 13 percent of a billion is a hundred and thirty million.

Hindu 80.5%, Muslim 13.4%, Christian 2.3%, Sikh 1.9%, other 1.8%, unspecified 0.1% (2001 census)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Since you put it so nicely,

my point was, that 13 percent of a billion is still a lot of people---like almost four times the population of Canada. I know it is still a minority. :roll: