Illegal Immigration: US

Champloo

Nominee Member
Jun 29, 2006
43% of all Americans said they feel illegal immigration is a serious problem. The other 57% said "no hablo ingles."

LittleRunningGag

Electoral Member
Jan 11, 2006
Calgary, Alberta
members.shaw.ca
[Family Guy moment]

Women: Jokes? I like jokes.
Peter: Oh yea? Well then youll love this one: Why do women have boobs?
Peter: So ya got something to look at when your talkin to them.

Next scene is Peter with a lawyer.

[/FGM]

:lol:

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
LittleRunningGag said:
[Family Guy moment]

Women: Jokes? I like jokes.
Peter: Oh yea? Well then youll love this one: Why do women have boobs?

Next scene is Peter with a lawyer.

[/FGM]

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

Both jokes were pretty funny. But shouldn't this go to the Joke section so people aren't confused.

Seriously, though I don't what the problem with illegal immigration is if they don't commit a crime. I know the law is you have to come in legally, but what if they don't have the money, or not desirable with the right skills to enter America.

These people come to escape poverty, and other conditions and go to either America or Canada. if they don't commit a crime why can't they stay under a program and then apply to become legal?

Champloo

Nominee Member
Jun 29, 2006
RE: Illegal Immigration:

It doesn't require any money , or very little, to legally gain citizenship. Alot of us have a problem with it because they are forcing us to accomodate them. They expect us to make signs in public areas have spanish now.

It's just a whole mess. They're reaping the benefits of living here, without paying taxes.

I'm all for imigration, but learn english and come here legally.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
I think it is Toro or someone who said they do pay taxes. They do. And what's wrong with Spanish. There is already a large Hispanic community without illegals, and they would want the signs in Spanish anyway.

Besides the jobs they do is what keep America going because I can't really see you finding alot of people who would want to do the jobs they do.

Champloo

Nominee Member
Jun 29, 2006

They pay sales tax, which ends up being a small percentage that citizens pay. Also, the majority of the hispanic population is california is not there legally. Without them, there wouldn't be enough to warrant changing signs.

There is nothing wrong with Spanish, it just isn't our language.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Re: RE: Illegal Immigration:

Champloo said:
They pay sales tax, which ends up being a small percentage that citizens pay. Also, the majority of the hispanic population is california is not there legally. Without them, there wouldn't be enough to warrant changing signs.

There is nothing wrong with Spanish, it just isn't our language.

Do you have figures saying how many Hispanics in California are legal or illegal. I am sure alot are illegal but not the majority. Maybe, 10 to 20% possibly.

With them making less then minimum wage at most jobs, a sales tax goes along way. Then if they live in an apartment they have to pay for housing, they have to pay taxes just like anyone else.

Champloo

Nominee Member
Jun 29, 2006

People who immigrate here legally, generally know basic english. The majority of californian hispanics know very very little. I can get official figures in a few.

Also, when they start paying income tax and such, like the rest of us, I won't mind them being here.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine

Champloo said:
People who immigrate here legally, generally know basic english. The majority of californian hispanics know very very little. I can get official figures in a few.

Also, when they start paying income tax and such, like the rest of us, I won't mind them being here.

Well that's the thing. Instead of kicking them out. Legalize them some way, if they haven't committed crimes so they can pay all the taxes that regular Americans enjoy paying.

Champloo

Nominee Member
Jun 29, 2006

Near 11 million total illegal hispanic immigrants, nearly 10 million of which being in california.

Champloo

Nominee Member
Jun 29, 2006

Jersay said:
Champloo said:

Well that's the thing. Instead of kicking them out. Legalize them some way, if they haven't committed crimes so they can pay all the taxes that regular Americans enjoy paying.

That's the thing, most immigrants from, or in, other countries generally make an effort to atleast learn english and absorb the culture. I don't have a problem with immigration, but what does piss me off are the people who seem to want to colonize california, and not make an effort to be an American.

Champloo

Nominee Member
Jun 29, 2006

I dont understand your logic, America was once a part of the british empire. Do they have the right to immigrate here illegally?

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine

Champloo said:
I dont understand your logic, America was once a part of the british empire. Do they have the right to invade?

No. The thing is, unless you try to integrate the illegals already in your country, in California for example. Like take English classes, become legal citizens, if they remain illegals, and don't get the benefits of American life they will be waving around Mexican flags and wanting to take it over. Its not there yet, but if illegals make up 1/3 of the California population not added onto legal Hispanics. Showing them, and not deporting them because they can always come back, will show them that it is good to be American.