How obvious is THAT?

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
"We are a nation in danger."

As President Bush speaks from the White House August 2, asking Congress to create the position of a national intelligence director to serve as his principal intelligence adviser, the administration triggers another Orange Code Alert for the financial centre of New York.

How obvious is THAT?

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
They are concerned about terrorist activity in New York during the Republican National Convention. I believe that concern is warranted. There is also a certain amount of "hot-dogging" going on, but that's to be expected. Kerry got a big bump in the polls.

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
'Terror threat political game'

"Former White House counter-terrorism adviser Richard Clarke accused members of the US administration of using terror warnings to manipulate voters ahead of the presidential election in November."

Of course they are. These "threats" are well timed and there is evidence of fabrication by the CIA of these threats.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
This latest threat amuses me inasmuch as there are Bushes hanging around the so-called threat zone. That in itself proves the lack of credibility behind this most recent attempt to frighten citizens.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Further to the above, this recent little number comes from surveillance conducted three years ago. According to intelligence agents, they actually don't know if the buildings are still being cased by Al Qaeda. :cool: According to a senior law-enforcement official, "There is nothing right now that we're hearing that is new. Why did we go to this level, I still don't know that."

Too funny.

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
Well, I hope you're right. I know I will be averting my eyes when the RNC convenes. I don't want to look. I remember how sick to my stomach I felt upon hearing the news reports over the radio on the morning of September 11, 2001. I couldn't finish breakfast. I hope nothing happens, I hope it is all a hoax. But when I see the first team shaking down on the streets of Manhattan, I know something's up. You can feel it in the air. You can smell it. If the Israeli security forces can't stop suicide bombers, what hope is there? I have tears in my eyes as I write this.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
American Voice said:
I know something's up. You can feel it in the air. You can smell it.

It is the smell of fear instilled by a government determined to keep its citizenry in check with fear tactics and a people all too willing to participate in the deception.

Why anybody would choose to be afraid without at least a perfunctory check on the facts, readily found in any major newspaper this morning, is beyong me. No wonder the government uses this tactic. It is so very effective.

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
The front page of the Globe today has a headline about Bush appointing a new intelligence czar.

Alongside was a fully battle-outfitted cop with an automatic weopon because of this terror alert.

Goebbels would be proud.

Former CIA analyst Ray McGovern (for years he briefed Daddy Bush every morning), "the White House spin machine shifted into a tried and tested gear—a technique described as “most brilliant” by Nazi propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels: “It must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over.” "

al-Queada al-Queada al-Queada al-Queada al-Queada al-Queada al-Queada

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
My sense is that those were drills. That's hard to conceal. That stuff from Pakistan was misdirection, cover, camouflage. I guess I have more faith in our government than do you.

People too often confuse the identity of the person currently occupying the office of President of the United States with "the government," which is a vast and highly complex network of institutions, existing at multiple levels. And you also need to bear in mind that there is a lot more going on in the world than "government."

Our late and longtime Speaker of the Ohio General Assembly was fond of making a point about how the GA passed more legislation effecting the lives of the people of Ohio in one session than the Congress of the United States did in five. For my own part, while I do pay attention to the larger stuff, my preoccupation is with local affairs--to me, being the closest, it's the biggest. I guess that makes me parochial.

While there are undeniably of lot of sheep in this country, the majority of us here are a little more sophisticated than you are inclined to give us credit for being. What would Marshall McLuhan say, I wonder? Some folks seem unable to distinguish media from reality.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
American Voice said:
While there are undeniably of lot of sheep in this country, the majority of us here are a little more sophisticated than you are inclined to give us credit for being. What would Marshall McLuhan say, I wonder? Some folks seem unable to distinguish media from reality.

We shall see come election day, I guess. I

don't think Americans are gullible so much as indifferent. Their indifference is dangerous, for they are finding it easier to believe quick bytes of deceptive information rather than taking the time to do their homework and get the facts.

If Americans are so sohisticated, why is the simplistic, biased and bush-tainted Fox News the number one source for news for Americans by a significant margin?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I agree with Vista (and btw, I love the avatar).

They do what they want and they'll do it when there is most benefit. We're constantly seeing similar stunts by this American administration.

donvonbra

Aug 7, 2004
Quebec
I sighed when I saw the National Post this morning reporting yet another alert in the US. This is starting to sound like the boy who cried wolf. When the REAL alert comes along, people won't believe it any more.

dvb