How do we come across to minorities?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Diamond Sun don't beat yourself up over the fast food thing, its a steady diet of the stuff that will get you :) You have awareness and that's the biggest hurdle. I myself have been forced to eat at that evil clown's place on occassion :wink: when certain visitors insist on having a meal at the clowns house.

Seniors do get a ruff time, I see it all the time, working in non-profit senior housing. The worst is how they are taken avantage of finiancially
. Your story made me think about a rather funny story regarding a senior. Once I was at a crosswalk with an X. A elderly man who looked like he was at least a 100 had stepped out into the crosswalk. He had two canes and could barely walk, you could see it was a great effort for him. His snail pace was making my X very angry he began to honk his horn and make jesters and yell and scream. The elderly man never turned or acknowledged the circus that was in front of him but continued on his snail pace. This made X even more angry. Just before the senior passed our car he turned ever so slowly and raised his hand and gave the X the finger and told him in very nasty swear words in both english and french what he thought of him. It was so unexpected, I started to laugh which made X mad as a hatter. Thats why X marks the spot now, peapod does not like to be around mad hatters :) Everyone is so angry and in a big rush to go nowhere and they take it out on innocent people.

Diamond Sun

Council Member
Jun 11, 2004
Within arms reach of the new baby..
That's a great story. Good on that old man, and good on you for not sticking around someone like the X. Those seniors are what we will become, and those teenagers are what we once were, what on earth do we gain by belitting our past and our future?