Hello fellow Ontarians!

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Just wanted to shout out to all the Ontario members on the forum. You're all joined to discuss our local matters here, especially since the people from BC think we're all arrogant self-centred people out here at the centre of the universe :roll:

:)

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Vanni Fucci said:
Andem said:
...especially since the people from BC think we're all arrogant self-centred people out here at the centre of the universe :roll:

:)

Uh-huh...and when can we expect a Manitoba forum, Andem... :?

Well there is a Prairies forum! Manitoba counts as praries.. If there's enough local Manitoba chat, we can expect to see Prairies broken up.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Re: RE: Hello fellow Ontarian

kden604 said:
So can I post in an Ontario forum? I only work there :) but I'm FROM BC... lol I'm a interprovincial spy :p

Ut oh... Yeah, of course you can post here. I don't know what y'all do out in the West, but we're a democratic country in Ontario.

ha ha

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Vanni Fucci said:
Andem said:
Well there is a Prairies forum! Manitoba counts as praries.. If there's enough local Manitoba chat, we can expect to see Prairies broken up.

I'm kidding, Andem... :lol:

I mean really, what the hell would we talk about besides snow, wind and cows... :roll:

Dreams of rolling down green hills in the sun underneath a blue sky like the default Windows XP Bliss desktop background? *shrugs*

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Blah! kenny you traitor :p consorting with the "other" provinces. And ehm...I don't like to brag but..well...just look at how many people have read island ramblings 8O Yup! looks like BC and the "island" is by far the most interesting province. 8)

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I have been busy lately, and I just noticed this new feature. Great idea Andem!

Hello fellow Ontarians.

PS: Our province is better then the other ones!!

whicker

Electoral Member
Feb 20, 2005
Ontario
I live in Ontario, have most of my adult life. I am not sure whether I like it here or not - lately it has been getting worse. Going on that I live in Ontario I talk about what I am experiencing.
We have a prov govt that is liberal. Not that the cons were any better but at least till the libs got in lying under oath was not a legal concept.
We are paying down the mismanagement of Ontario Hydro and to add insult to injury the pay down tax is added before the gouge and screw tax so we are being taxed on a tax!!! The ceos of Hydro One and the OEB pay themselves inflated salaries and the McSquinty and Minister of Energy are powerless to rectify the situation -more corrupt/ineffective govt.
This province has given Islam the first concrete foothold in Canada with its passing sharia law as legit. More trouble will follow.
I do not live in TO so am sick to death of its everlasting whining, crying and poor me attitude. It is our biggest polluter with no responsibility for cleaning up its act or creating solutions to its problems.
I have had to be in TO and Ottawa lately where overnight accommodations were needed. Ontario has a SAP tax. They ephumastically called it Markerting Destination Fee or some such thing.. I call it the Stay and Pay tax. It is added to the bill before the GST so, once again, paying tax on tax. Granted it is not a lot but it still rankles.
Ontario had a money maker in Hwy 407 or which ever highway is a toll. The govt was allowed to sell it for a short term, look good, aren't we wonderful scenario with absoluytely no consequences. Just think of the dollars it could be raking in!! The lib govt has put forth the idea of getting rid of the LCBO which gives it millions from its profits!!
But, living in Ontario, the weather within a 50km radius (or less or more)can be as different as night and day. You can go half way cross the province on a 4 lane highway which has gas/food stops. Diverse country side.
We were NOT responsible for the blackout :)

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
I do not live in TO so am sick to death of its everlasting whining, crying and poor me attitude.

And what whining would that be? Whining that our tax dollars go to supporting northern Ontario, and everywhere else in the country (except Alberta & now B.C.)? We generate a massive amount of wealth, with a flood of tax dollars going to Queens Park and Ottawa who are more than happy to fork this $$ over to people in poorer, less populous places. Enough is enough.

whicker

Electoral Member
Feb 20, 2005
Ontario
MMMike said:
I do not live in TO so am sick to death of its everlasting whining, crying and poor me attitude.

And what whining would that be? Whining that our tax dollars go to supporting northern Ontario, and everywhere else in the country (except Alberta & now B.C.)? We generate a massive amount of wealth, with a flood of tax dollars going to Queens Park and Ottawa who are more than happy to fork this $$ over to people in poorer, less populous places. Enough is enough.

I was thinking more along the lines of transportation, roads, garbage, pollution, that type of thing but as you mentioned it, you should live in a small town that has some of the same problems as TO on a much smaller scale and realize that your tax dollars are going to the big city. It is a matter of priorities.
If enough is enough then TO being the biggest liberal supporter should start making noises that the libs will listen to.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
you should live in a small town that has some of the same problems as TO on a much smaller scale and realize that your tax dollars are going to the big city

Look at the numbers! Big cities across the country subsidize smaller communities - almost without exception. Look at government spending per capita in these areas.... look at the subsidies for the vast network of rural roads... I could go on.

The one thing you're bang on about is Toronto's garbage situation. It should be law that cities/ communities have to deal with their own garbage locally.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
mrmom2 said:
I like T.O. and it s people 8) What I can't stand is TSN and the Leafs they suck :p :lol:

You're an exception, mrmom! Most people can't stand Toronto. Of course, they're just jealous because we are the centre of the universe! :wink: :p

Mark my words, one day the Leafs will win the cup again, and we'll have the last laugh!

whicker

Electoral Member
Feb 20, 2005
Ontario
MMMike said:
mrmom2 said:
I like T.O. and it s people 8) What I can't stand is TSN and the Leafs they suck :p :lol:

You're an exception, mrmom! Most people can't stand Toronto. Of course, they're just jealous because we are the centre of the universe! :wink: :p

:lol:

whicker

Electoral Member
Feb 20, 2005
Ontario
MMMike said:
The one thing you're bang on about is Toronto's garbage situation. It should be law that cities/ communities have to deal with their own garbage locally.

Umm, we do - small communities that is :)