#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Haditha: Massacre and cover-up?
By Martin Asser
BBC News

Dead Iraqi civilians in Haditha
Young and old victims were filmed, many in nightclothes
Haditha is an agricultural community of about 90,000 inhabitants on the banks of the Euphrates north-west of Baghdad.

It lies in the huge western province of Anbar, which has been the heartland of the insurgency since US troops led the invasion of Iraq to overthrow Saddam Hussein in 2003.

It is a dangerous place for the US marines who control this part of Iraq and for the inhabitants, caught between insurgents and American troops.

See differing accounts of Haditha deaths

more

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
Well, in the pictures at the bottom of the article, at least the BBC put quotations marks around 'troops go on a rampage'. Good to see some impartiality... :roll:

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Yes of course, your political correctness and Western style "guilt trip" quickly cried the arrests in Toronto as being innocent until proven guilty, but anything in regards to America's "stromtroopers" is summary judgement. :roll:

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
No you preceive the 17 terrorists as quilty and you state evidence that has been shown as proof.

Therefore logically, there has been videotapes, as well as eye witness accounts to prove that at least one or more Marines went into several houses and shot men, women, and children in cold blood. If you don't like the facts then you shouldn't have soldiers going around killing innocent civilians.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
I never said the 17 terrorists were guilty, enough with the demagoguery and until a court of law proves these soldiers were guilty they are innocent. Period. The rest is hyperbole bullshit from the fringe left.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Re: RE: Haditha cover up

BOO MAN said:
They didn't kill nearly enough of them...Semper Fi

So, former Marine, eh?

So why are you out to discredit the entire Corps?

You disgrace the motto.

Jersay and I don't agree on much, but I think I can safely say we agree on this:

You are an Arsehole.

BOO MAN

Jun 9, 2006
There is no dishonor in what was done. They did a job and they did it well. Sometimes when you send someone to do a dirty job things get a little dirty.....maybe next time they will take the time to ice the embedded reporters as well. Have a nice day. :)

BOO MAN

Jun 9, 2006
Actually I'm as clean as a whistle. Not even a speeding ticket in over 25 years. Highly decorated in the Corp I might add. Get real tough guy.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
I think not said:
There is no impartiality in the European press, although Britain is light years ahead of the rest of Europe.

Is that because the british press, like our verydear prime minister is currently doing a very good "faithful poodle" act?

come on ITN, just because they dont agree doesnt mean they are in any way "wrong"

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine

BOO MAN said:
Actually I'm as clean as a whistle. Not even a speeding ticket in over 25 years. Highly decorated in the Corp I might add. Get real tough guy.

Not a speeding ticket in 25 years. That's really nice.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

BOO MAN said:
There is no dishonor in what was done. They did a job and they did it well. Sometimes when you send someone to do a dirty job things get a little dirty.....maybe next time they will take the time to ice the embedded reporters as well. Have a nice day. :)

NO DISHONOUR in shooting little girls in their beds?

perhaps you have confused the US Marine Corps with SS Einsatzgruppen.

You are doing the cause of your nation, and the reputation of its soldiers great harm.

My advice to you, if you care about either, is to STFU.

I begin to suspect you are a leftie peacenik agent provocateur.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Jersay said:
BOO MAN said:

Not a speeding ticket in 25 years. That's really nice.

He probably shot every cop that pulled him over. :)

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
I remember someone (might be jersey) telling me the difference between colonial britian and the US is that the US always leave....

the question that begs to be asked is "what sort of a state will you be leaving iraq in?", kinda the same state Britain left india in?...methinks so

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
I think so the same way. You've got all these people, and some American soldiers, not all that go around killing people. I don't think it helps.

Colpy, I don't think he is a lefty guy and if he is and that is the way lefties present it in America being proud of soldiers killing little children then that makes me sick.

BOO MAN

Jun 9, 2006
nice comments from someone who has probably never served his country? Have you? Have you ever been near the dead body of a close friend or two...things happen way out there in the wild...please don't waste your time with the images of little girls sleeping in thier beds. I'd waste them ALL if it meant saving the life of one US soldier or Marine. Please don't be misled. I write what I mean and can never be a peacenik. The world is WAY to far gone for that crap.