GTA University with best Social Sciences program?

sea moraine

May 4, 2007
mississauga, ontario
hello everyone =)
i'm a graduating high school student attending university this fall.
i applied to universities within the gta (mississauga, hamilton, london, waterloo/kitchener, downtown toronto) for political science & economic programs. i know that universities are well-known for certain programs (in which they stand out)... for example, waterloo for engineering or schulich for business. if any one has any knowledge about how "good" social sciences programs are in certain universities, can i be directed to which university (or universities) has a significantly good one compared to the rest?
thank you!

SVMc

Nominee Member
Apr 16, 2007
Toronto
Well I'm biased, because I've got degree's from both of these universities, but I'd say York and UofT (downtown campus). UofT is more or less the stalwart, they will emphasize economics more than York, and will teach a centrist to a centrist right philosophy. York I think, has a wider spectrum of "new" political philosophy and has great access to post-modernism and new critical theory trends. That being said both of them often share professors, and it's fairly easy to get permission to take a course at one if not offered by the other. Commuting to York is a nightmare though, and living on campus is crap because it's in the middle of nowhere.