FoxNews is so twisted

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Haggis McBagpipe said:
I think FoxNews is using this kind of thing as a way to convince Americans to vote for Bush just to show the world that they can do anything they want, so there, nyah, nyah. Oh brother. The worst part is, it might work, at least with FoxNews fans.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,136525,00.html

Fox News will do anything to get Bush re-elected. I actually posted a reply to a thread on the Canadian freedominion boards about the Fox News and how twisted they were. Let's just say they tried to shoot me down the second I said something out of favour of Fox News. I stated that I like to get my information from different sources and refuse to watch known completely biased sources like Fox.. They main comeback was that I should stop watching CNN then.. What a surprise to them that I refuse to watch CNN, too. I get my information from CTV, DW, CBC and Internet sources. Nothing more came from that except the usual insults and attacks.

Americans who watch Fox News are probably going to vote for Bush / Cheney no matter what. Don't be too disturbed by this.

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
I don't watch CNN or Fox either for the exact same reasons. Watching them is like having the National Enquirer televised.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Re: RE: FoxNews is so twisted

bevvyd said:
I don't watch CNN or Fox either for the exact same reasons. Watching them is like having the National Enquirer televised.

I get my news from Globe & Mail, BBC, Washington Post, New York Times... but I always keep up with CNN and FoxNews because it gives me the clearest idea of what mainstream America is being fed. Without that view, one would not be able to fathom the pro-Bush mentality.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Careful Andem...they've banned people for less over there. They apparently banned a guy from Babble just because they recognised his name.

And that's part of what I think of as the Fox/Bush/Harper mindset. They will not tolerate dissent because they know, deep down, that they do not have a strong case. They do not make arguments for long because their arguments are weak and often based on lies. Instead they shout people down.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
I sent them a heated response to the story above. They have a link for responses to the editor but for the life of me I don't see where the letters appear, so I don't know if they ran my letter. Most likely not, considering.

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
Are not all media biased? Bad article, by the way. Weird. Fox News is complaining about stuff I agree with (and probably the rest of the world). The appeal for an assassin to shoot Bush was tasteless indeed, but they apologized; problem solved not?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Re: RE: FoxNews is so twisted

Haggis McBagpipe said:
bevvyd said:

I get my news from Globe & Mail, BBC, Washington Post, New York Times... but I always keep up with CNN and FoxNews because it gives me the clearest idea of what mainstream America is being fed. Without that view, one would not be able to fathom the pro-Bush mentality.

I guess we have similar taste, then Haggis :) I still tune into CNN (not Fox) every now and then, but it's usually because I was interested in how they "embedded" journalists into the US army tank divisions.

Though I don't spend as much time on print as I do television (or Internet TV).

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I watch US news quite a bit...CNN and the networks, and check out Fox's on-line coverage. I also have an e-subscription to the NY Times and check out both their mainstream and alternative magazines pretty regularly.

I don't do it to stay informed...if I want unbiased reporting and real information I check out BBC, PBS, the CBC and even CTV. There is no unbiased reporting available in the US except for PBS and even that is questionable...they never criticise their sponsors.

You used to be able to, if you checked out all of the American sources, get enough facts to make up your own mind. That is no longer possible. Unbiased facts are no longer available in the American press...from either side. It' a good way to gauge US public opinion and find out what stories you want to learn the real facts about from non-US sources.