Favourite Christmas Music?

Laika

Electoral Member
Apr 22, 2005
Where The Wild Things Are
The Charlie Brown Christmas album is a regular favourite in our house, we also have some compilations with some good songs and some "wow, that's just awful" songs (example: Rudolph The Rednose Reindeer Mambo. Yes Mambo. It's as bad as you think it is!). :D

What are some of your favourite Christmas songs/albums?

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
The Pogues and Kirsty McColl; A Fairytale of New York. 8)

"You’re a bum
You’re a punk
You’re an old slut on junk
Lying there almost dead on a drip in that bed
You scumbag, you maggot
You cheap lousy faggot
Happy christmas your arse
I pray God it’s our last"

Ho ho ho.

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
Hey HLH, that's one of my absolute favs.

I am also partial to David Bowie and that hundred year old guy singing Little Drummer Boy. KICKS ASS.

Cool thread.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Henry Said
"You’re a bum
You’re a punk
You scumbag, you maggot
You cheap lousy faggot

Ho ho ho.
I love it i must have this song for my collection 8)

Summer

Electoral Member
Nov 13, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio, USA (for now...)
RE: Favourite Christmas M

Ah, yes... Charlie Brown. Vince Guaraldi tickling the ivories.... we play that one a lot too.

I'm also into Celtic Christmas music (Gimme bagpipes! I need more bagpipes!) and all sorts of other things.

One of my favorite well-known Christmas songs that gets radio airplay is Emerson, Lake & Palmer's "I Believe In Father Christmas".

We've also got an Alligator Records Christmas compilation that is fantabulous. :D

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
mrmom2 said:
Henry Said
"You’re a bum
You’re a punk
You scumbag, you maggot
You cheap lousy faggot

Ho ho ho.
I love it i must have this song for my collection 8)

On it's way, mom - check your email. :wink:

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Adeste Fideles by Andrea Bocelli is probably my favourite song. Although the Huron Carol by St. Jean de Brebeuf is a sentimental favourite by any artist.

Oh.. i like Fairy Tale of New York by the Pogues as well (I call it Christmas Eve in the Drunk Tank) in somewhat twisted, but not necessarily irreverent, contemporary music.

Last edited:

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
My favorite Christmas song is Oh Holy Night. I like Celene Dion's version and also Josh Groben's. Not much for the holiday anymore but I still like that song. I listen to it a lot.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I still have the original vinyl 33rpm of Buck Owens' Christmas album....years ago I digitized it before getting rid of my turntable and I kept it in mp3 format and also have a CD that I made and play it every Christmas day.
Here is just two from the album.
I also have a TV Christmas show by Buck Owens that I recorded on VHS and later digitised that I would love to upload to you tube But it would violate copyright laws...Got a warning once because the owners of the old Nashville Network still hold the copyright to severl shows that I have recorded.