Favorite commericals

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Anybody have favorite commericals? Every christmas my brother hauls out this commerical he taped in the states when he was on a trip there. He liked it so much he taped it 8O It is funny tho.

Aboot this elf griping about how ornery santa got when not able to watch his football. At the end of the commercial the elf and Santa are slinging insults back and forth and it ends with the elf saying "bring it on Fat Boy"! My brother keeps playing it, and rolls around on the floor.

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
I have 2 favourites. One is for Staples, and it's played in August for back to school shopping. It's the Dad going up and down the aisles on a shopping cart with "It's the most wonderful time of the year..." playing in the background.

The other is an old one. It was a guy riding a motorcycle up a mountain road. There are no words or anything to say what the ad is for. Visible in the background is Mt. Rainier. Once we figured that out, we could hear that the bike was "saying"... Rai....nier.....beer.....
:D

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I'd like to buy the world a home and furnish it with love,
Grow apple trees and honey bees, and snow white turtle doves.
I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony,
I'd like to buy the world a Coke and keep it company.
[Repeat the last two lines, and in the background:]
It's the real thing, Coke is what the world wants today.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Re: RE: Favorite commericals

Andem said:
I'd like to buy the world a home and furnish it with love,
Grow apple trees and honey bees, and snow white turtle doves.
I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony,
I'd like to buy the world a Coke and keep it company.
[Repeat the last two lines, and in the background:]
It's the real thing, Coke is what the world wants today.

Ya, but it is SOOO hard on the sinuses! ;)

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
"Your dog doesn't want a little bone
any more than he wants to play the trombone
but if he could call you on the telephone
he'd call you up and tell you he wants a Jumbone
... "It's a really big bone a really big bone"

Jumbone commercial... both my dog and I sing along to it. Although she jumps at the TV while I do not.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I liked the Alice Cooper commercial for Staples, with him arguing with his daughter over the lyrics.

"You said 'School's out for EVER!'"
"No, it's 'School's out for summer!'"

And for a really, really creepy one: In Quebec, there was a driving safety commercial which used (with the family's permission), some footage shot by a friend of a teenager racing his mustang down a road; rolls it and kills himself. It was stunning.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Blackhawk said:
I like the windex commercials. Those birds crack me up.

You mean "But she's using windex!" "So?" "So a bird could get hurt flying into that!!" ;) I agree, hilarious.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Right now it's the beer ad where the guys are all singing "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me?"-about the NHL lockout. Those admen are bloody geniuses!

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
The best ads in the world are on TV5 early in the morning, and are for a service called Tele Sex. It's just like watching a real striptease!

Pemmican

Electoral Member
Nov 14, 2004
Westphalia
Re: RE: Favorite commericals

missile said:
The best ads in the world are on TV5 early in the morning, and are for a service called Tele Sex. It's just like watching a real striptease!

TV5? That French TV station?
Have never seen something like that on there before, but on almost all free-private German TV channels, you have these striptease commercials all night.... it's gonna get boring!! *lol*

Diamond Sun

Council Member
Jun 11, 2004
Within arms reach of the new baby..
Oh yes, the guys singing "DO you really want to hurt me" for the molson canadian commercial is awesome. One of my favourites right now.

(Hey nice to see you here again Canucklehead, how's Big Town, Alberta now that you've moved out of smallville, BC.)