"Faith forum"?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Cosmo said:
Machjo said:
Here here.

But I'll admit that I am concerned about faith-related threads showing up in the "Recent Topics" section, and would certainly feel ill at ease to start certain very interesting threads if they'll show up there, otherwise they'd be highjacked quickly and I'd rather keep politics out of these theads as much as possible. And again, if hey show up there, then they do become fair game for the politicos. Would it be possible to block them from showing up in that section do you think, Cosmo?

Hmmm ... I'm not sure about this, Machjo. On one hand, I rely on that portion to not miss topics and would hate to miss any here because they weren't listed.

As for threads being hijacked, I don't think that's a concern. As we've pointed out, these forums will be stringently moderated so that isn't going to happen. It's not a place for fighting, but discussion.

I'm not sure whether we can prevent them from showing up or not. If that turns out to be the will of the folks here, I can approach Andem and ask. For now I'd like to see how it goes without blocking it off.

Fair enough. And thanks for all your hard work.

Crusader

Nominee Member
Apr 18, 2006
Cosmo said:
NOTE: This forum is stringently moderated. Posts that are either inflammatory or have no purpose will be deleted. Sorry Crusader ... yours is gone since it was just a smiley face. Cosmo

Sorry, Cosmo. I was just trying to express my agreement. I'll be clearer next time :)

I apologize if I'm posting in a non-Christian forum, but what I have to say does relate to some of the topics here somewhat. I do agree with Macho that if posts show up at the top, they do risk getting highjacked, which just means more work for you guys to clean them up all the time. And I would like to keep the Christian Discussions as clean as possible. if I want to know what's in there, all I need to do is click on it. Again, I apologize for posting in the non-Christian section.

God Bless.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Crusader said:
I apologize if I'm posting in a non-Christian forum, but what I have to say does relate to some of the topics here somewhat. I do agree with Macho that if posts show up at the top, they do risk getting highjacked, which just means more work for you guys to clean them up all the time. And I would like to keep the Christian Discussions as clean as possible. if I want to know what's in there, all I need to do is click on it. Again, I apologize for posting in the non-Christian section.

God Bless.

Not at all Crusader! Post where ever you have an opinion! This is not restricted to any one viewpoint!! The only "rule" is no fighting. You have a lot to contribute in terms of debate and opinion. Feel welcome to post anywhere your ideas fit.

In most of the forums we don't worry about little things but it's been stated up front that we're going to moderate this forum more strongly. That means that people have to contribute to threads, that's all. It doesn't mean you have to agree ... only that you have to state something relevant. Online communication is so obscure that posting nothing but a smilie can be taken in so many ways that it basically means nothing. Just add your opinion to the smile and you're set. :)

Please join in whenever you have something to add ... we only set up different topics because some of us are more comfortable in one space than the other. It isn't meant to restrict people. I know I won't spend a lot of time in the Christian discussion, only because I don't have much to contribute there. I'm more likely to add to this section. You, on the other hand, may be equally comfortable contributing to both.

Religion and spirituality is such a personal issue that we wanted to make it as comfortable as possible for everyone to have a place to post. It's not meant to be exclusionary at all.