Draft '09

MrRight

Nominee Member
Jun 23, 2009
So the day has come, and past. The first round of the draft was anything but surprising. JT, Headmen, and Duchene all went to the way they were scouted, 1 2 & 3. So all the built up melodrama, and trade talks that fell threw, what is everyones opinion on how it went down. Good to see my boy JT go #1, but Pronger to the flyers was a shock, but a good fit. Canucks made a great pick with Jordan Schroeder, who will work well with Cody Hodgson.

The other rounds are in the next few days, and we will see a few more players, who will make a great addition to the teams that draft them.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
So the day has come, and past. The first round of the draft was anything but surprising. JT, Headmen, and Duchene all went to the way they were scouted, 1 2 & 3. So all the built up melodrama, and trade talks that fell threw, what is everyones opinion on how it went down. Good to see my boy JT go #1, but Pronger to the flyers was a shock, but a good fit. Canucks made a great pick with Jordan Schroeder, who will work well with Cody Hodgson.

The other rounds are in the next few days, and we will see a few more players, who will make a great addition to the teams that draft them.

yep, I think the canucks got a great pick, he was listed at 9th, in the draft
preview magazine, but he's only 5'8", but very strong and a good player. I'm
looking forward to July 1, but hope Canucks don't trade away Masond Raymond,
his name keeps coming up by the media, but 'what do they know', nothin.
I enjoyed the draft, felt a little sorry for the Ferraros, they have to come
back today for the second round, a little too much attention on them, you
know, ex player and all, and he's not all that good, but will make it.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
We heard that Luongo signed with Vancouver for another 5 years. Does anyone know if this is true?

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
We heard that Luongo signed with Vancouver for another 5 years. Does anyone know if this is true?

There is news that the negotiations are going well, but they can't do anything
till he gets into his last season, which starts July 1, not allowed by NHL