Donald Trump Announces 2016 White House Bid

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well, I'm sure you can "check" his statements to see if they're accurate. I suspect most of them are but you don't agree so he's a "wild and conspiracy theorist" and that's ok especially since it's become obvious recently that a lot of the so-called "conspiracies" are turning out to be true and you can't fight that!!
Every word out of his mouth is a lie.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
So are you saying Trump should have overrode the independence of the DOJ ?
Well I don't see why not, every other president has :ROFLMAO:

Joking aside, what i said was simply this: If it is a crime, as some have said, to remove the documents and keep them at his place due to their classified nature, then it is a crime regardless of the content. You can't say 'it's a crime to remove classified documents except when the contents of such documents aren't really that important". Which is what Tucker was implying. It's a crime or it isn't, and if it isn't then it isn't period and if it is then it is period.

It would be like saying that theft is a crime but only if the stuff you stole was stuff that was valuable. Like, somehow it's not actually theft if you run off with someone's elvis lamp. That's not how law works.

I have no idea if the documents they found were really classified and i'm not familiar enough with the law in the states to say if removing classified documents and not returning them when your presidency ends actually IS a crime. But - that supposedly is what the raid was about and if that is indeed the law then that is the law regardless of WHICH classified documents were taken.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well I don't see why not, every other president has :ROFLMAO:

Joking aside, what i said was simply this: If it is a crime, as some have said, to remove the documents and keep them at his place due to their classified nature, then it is a crime regardless of the content. You can't say 'it's a crime to remove classified documents except when the contents of such documents aren't really that important". Which is what Tucker was implying. It's a crime or it isn't, and if it isn't then it isn't period and if it is then it is period.

It would be like saying that theft is a crime but only if the stuff you stole was stuff that was valuable. Like, somehow it's not actually theft if you run off with someone's elvis lamp. That's not how law works.

I have no idea if the documents they found were really classified and i'm not familiar enough with the law in the states to say if removing classified documents and not returning them when your presidency ends actually IS a crime. But - that supposedly is what the raid was about and if that is indeed the law then that is the law regardless of WHICH classified documents were taken.
Let me enlighten you. It is illegal to remove classified documents from a secure facility.

But that's OK. According to D-Cup and the MAGAhats, anything Trump does is legal.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Let me enlighten you. It is illegal to remove classified documents from a secure facility.

But that's OK. According to D-Cup and the MAGAhats, anything Trump does is legal.
Well you may very well be correct, certainly that has the ring of practical truth to it. However - it either is or it isn't - so if it is then it is and if it isn't it isn't. It's not contingent on the specific content of the classified material as Tucker suggested.

It's not like you can say "You took illegal classified documents and committed a crime and... oh wait, this is just about the luthiwanians. Nobody gives a crap about them. You're free to go. " Either a document is classified or it's not, and either taking it is a crime or it is not. No excuses for 'content'.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Who classifies documents ? More importantly who has the power to declassify material ?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Much as i often enjoy your posts, i think in this case you'll probably have to concede that Tucker is kind of a bias reporter.

Tucker is not a 'reporter', He's an opinion guy that takes 'news' and throws his own facts and personal beliefs into the mix to make it seem legit somehow. Calling Tuck a 'reporter' is like saying the earth is flat. Absolutely not true, but there are people out there who are that deluded they believe it. Same with TuckTuck.

Well, I'm sure you can "check" his statements to see if they're accurate. I suspect most of them are but you don't agree so he's a "wild and conspiracy theorist" and that's ok especially since it's become obvious recently that a lot of the so-called "conspiracies" are turning out to be true and you can't fight that!!

LOLOLOL!

Holy Gods...

You're a troll; you side with idiots like Tucker just to 'devil's advocate' things, don't you? That's the only way this makes sense.

Unless you ARE as crazed as every other TuckTuck supporter is...

• Haha
Reactions: Taxslave2

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Liz Cheney to battle Trump, may run for U.S. presidency
Despite primary defeat, Cheney says she's considering a presidential run, 'doing whatever it takes to keep Donald Trump out of the Oval Office'

Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Liliana Salgado and Nathan Layne
Publishing date:Aug 17, 2022 • 19 hours ago • 4 minute read • 74 Comments

JACKSON — U.S. Republican Representative Liz Cheney vowed to do all she could to keep Donald Trump out of the White House and said she would decide in the coming months whether to run for president herself, after she lost to a Trump-backed primary challenger in Wyoming on Tuesday.

But Senator Lisa Murkowski, another Republican who has defied the former president, cleared a hurdle in Alaska. She was set to face Trump-endorsed challenger Kelly Tshibaka in the Nov. 8 congressional election, as the two candidates advanced in that state’s non-partisan primary.

Cheney’s defeat, by Trump-endorsed Harriet Hageman, marks a significant victory for the former president in his campaign to oust Republicans who backed impeaching him after a mob of his supporters stormed the Capitol building last year.

In conceding the race, Cheney — a fierce critic of Trump who has played a prominent role in the congressional investigation of the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol — said she was not willing “go along with President Trump’s lie about the 2020 election” to win a primary.

“It would have required that I enable his ongoing efforts to unravel our democratic system and attack the foundations of our republic. That was a path I could not and would not take,” she told supporters.

Cheney told NBC’s “Today” show on Wednesday that she “will be doing whatever it takes to keep Donald Trump out of the Oval Office” and that she was considering running for president.

“It is something that I am thinking about, and I’ll make a decision in the coming months,” she told “Today” when asked about a presidential bid, adding she had a lot of work left to do with the Jan. 6 committee probing the Jan. 6 Capitol assault.

“I believe that Donald Trump continues to pose a very grave threat and risk to our republic. And I think that defeating him is going to require a broad and united front of Republicans, Democrats and independents. And that’s what I intend to be part of,” Cheney said.

With 99% of expected ballots counted in Wyoming, Hageman led the Republican field with 66.3% of the vote, followed by Cheney with 28.9%, according to Edison Research, an election monitoring firm.

The results were less clear cut in Alaska.

With 72% of expected ballots tallied, Murkowski narrowly led with 42.7% of the vote, followed by Tshibaka at 41.4% and Democrat Patricia Chesbro at 6.2%, according to Edison. The non-partisan primary format in that state weeds out all but the top four vote-getters.

Murkowski, a moderate who is one of the more independent voices in the Senate, has held the seat since 2003.

Also in Alaska, Edison predicted that no candidate would emerge as a clear winner in the three-way contest to complete the term of Representative Don Young, who died in March.

That race pits Sarah Palin, a former governor and 2008 vice presidential nominee who has been endorsed by Trump, against fellow Republican Nick Begich III and Democrat Mary Peltola. The winner will be announced on Aug. 31.

Both Wyoming and Alaska are reliably Republican, making it unlikely that the results will influence whether President Joe Biden’s Democrats lose their razor-thin majorities in Congress. Republicans are expected to retake the House and also have a chance of winning control of the Senate.

WEEDING OUT TRUMP CRITICS
The ousting of Cheney is the latest sign of Trump’s enduring sway over the Republican Party.

Trump, who has hinted that he will run for president in 2024, made ending Cheney’s congressional career a priority among the 10 House Republicans he targeted for supporting his impeachment in 2021.

Cheney, the daughter of Republican former Vice President Dick Cheney, has used her position on the Jan. 6 committee investigating the circumstances surrounding the Capitol riot to keep attention on Trump’s actions that day and his false claims that he won the 2020 election.

Republican leaders are expected to dissolve the Jan. 6 investigation if they win control of the House in November. The representatives in the new Congress take their seats in January.

Hageman, a natural resources lawyer who has embraced Trump’s election lies, criticized Cheney’s concession speech, saying it showed she cared little about the issues facing her state.

“She’s still focusing on an obsession about President Trump and the citizens of Wyoming, the voters of Wyoming sent a very loud message tonight,” Hageman said on Fox News.

Cheney, in the House, voted to impeach Trump on a charge of inciting the Capitol riot, while Murkowski, in the Senate, voted to convict him on that charge. Trump was ultimately acquitted.

Of the 10 Republicans who supported impeachment, it is possible that only one – Dan Newhouse of Washington – will be in Congress after November’s election.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Giuliani to testify in Georgia criminal probe into 2020 U.S. election
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Publishing date:Aug 17, 2022 • 17 hours ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation

Rudy Giuliani, Donald Trump’s onetime personal lawyer, arrived at an Atlanta courthouse on Wednesday to testify in a Georgia criminal probe examining attempts by the former U.S. president and his allies to overturn the 2020 election results.

Giuliani, who helped lead Trump’s election challenges, was due to testify before a special grand jury in Fulton County after a judge ordered him to comply with a subpoena. His lawyers say he will refuse to answer questions that violate attorney-client privilege.

The former New York City mayor, 78, appeared before Georgia state lawmakers in December 2020, echoing Trump’s false conspiracy theories about stolen ballots and urging them not to certify Democratic President Joe Biden’s victory over the Republican Trump.

“It’s a grand jury and grand juries, as I recall, are secret,” Giuliani told CNN on his arrival at the courthouse, when asked to comment on his testimony. “They ask the questions and we’ll see.”

The Fulton County probe began after a January 2021 recorded phone call in which Trump urged the state’s top election official to “find” enough votes to alter the outcome. The former president has asserted falsely that he won Georgia, as well as the 2020 presidential contest.

The special grand jury was convened in May at the request of county District Attorney Fani Willis.

Giuliani, a former crime-fighting U.S. Attorney, was among several Trump advisers and lawyers who received subpoenas from the grand jury last month, including U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Pence urges GOP to stop lashing out at FBI over Trump search
Author of the article:Associated Press
Associated Press
Holly Ramer
Publishing date:Aug 17, 2022 • 10 hours ago • 3 minute read • Join the conversation

MANCHESTER, N.H. — Former Vice President Mike Pence on Wednesday implored fellow Republicans to stop lashing out at the FBI over the search of Donald Trump’s Florida home and denounced calls by some of the former president’s allies to defund the FBI, saying that was “just as wrong” as a push by Democratic activists to shift money from police.

Pence also said he would give “due consideration” if asked to testify before the House committee investigating the riot at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

His pleas for restraint come as law enforcement officials warn of an escalating number of violent threats targeting federal agents and government facilities since agents last week searched Mar-a-Lago as part of the Justice Department’s investigation into the discovery of classified White House records recovered from Trump’s estate earlier this year.

Speaking in New Hampshire, Pence said he has been troubled by what he called the politicization of the FBI. He also said the Justice Department and Attorney General Merrick Garland should be more forthcoming about what led authorities to conduct the search.

But Pence, who is trying to stake out his own political path as he and Trump both consider 2024 presidential campaigns, also had a message for the GOP.

“I also want to remind my fellow Republicans, we can hold the attorney general accountable for the decision he made without attacking the rank-and-file law enforcement personnel at the FBI,” he said at the Politics & Eggs event, a breakfast gathering at St. Anselm College for business leaders that has become a customary stop for White House hopefuls in the early-voting state.

“The Republican Party is the party of law and order,” Pence continued. “Our party stands with the men and women who stand on the thin blue line at the federal and state and local level, and these attacks on the FBI must stop. Calls to defund the FBI are just as wrong as calls to defund the police.”

Trump and some other Republican lawmakers have tried to capitalize on the search by portraying it as an act of political persecution and an attack on the rule of law.

For the onetime political allies, their paths diverged on Jan. 6, 2021, when a mob of angry Trump supporters stormed the Capitol in an effort to stop Congress’ formal certification of Joe Biden’s presidential victory. Trump denounced his vice president, who was presiding over the Senate, for refusing to object or delay the certification — something Pence had no power to do. A fake gallows was constructed on the National Mall, and people who broke into the Capitol chanted, “Hang Mike Pence! Hang Mike Pence!”

Before Wednesday, Pence had refused to say whether he would engage with the House committee investigating the insurrection if the panel requested his testimony.

“If there was an invitation to participate, I would consider it,” Pence said, adding he would first reflect “on the unique role” he was serving as vice president.

“It would be unprecedented in history for a vice president to be summoned to testify on Capitol Hill, but as I said, I don’t want to prejudge,” he said. “If ever any formal invitation was rendered to us, we’d give it due consideration.”

A committee spokesperson declined comment on Pence’s remarks.

The committee and Pence’s team have had an open line of communication since Pence’s former chief of staff, Marc Short, agreed to testify in private in December 2021 after receiving a subpoena. Short was at the Capitol on Jan. 6 and accompanied Pence as the then-vice president fled the Senate chamber and hid from rioters who were calling for his hanging.

In Short’s recorded testimony, aired at the committee’s public hearings this summer, he described attending White House meetings before the insurrection during which Trump allies discussed ways to overturn the results of the 2020 election.

At one point, Trump had banned Short from the White House grounds because Short objected to the pressure on Pence to reject the legitimate election results.

Committee members so far have not decided to seek Pence’s testimony, saying that Short and former Pence lawyer Greg Jacobs have provided investigators with plenty of evidence.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
“It would have required that I enable his ongoing efforts to unravel our democratic system and attack the foundations of our republic.
First off, it absolutely would not. Lots of Republicans have not supported trump and aren't losing races.

Secondly, how many levels of stupid do you have to be to think "Gee, i just lost a race by 30 points in a solid red state that should have been safe, i should think about running for president".

And thirdly - she has spent all her time on this stupid inquiry and is doing nothing for her state. And the people of her state have sent a loud and clear message that they don't care about that crap and want someone focused on their needs at home. And from what I can see that's why she lost.

Honestly - the GOP needs to just forget about trump and move on. The media and the dems love to keep him in the spotlight because it sells papers and it works up their base. Find the next strong candidate and put him in power and move on.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
First off, it absolutely would not. Lots of Republicans have not supported trump and aren't losing races.

Secondly, how many levels of stupid do you have to be to think "Gee, i just lost a race by 30 points in a solid red state that should have been safe, i should think about running for president".

And thirdly - she has spent all her time on this stupid inquiry and is doing nothing for her state. And the people of her state have sent a loud and clear message that they don't care about that crap and want someone focused on their needs at home. And from what I can see that's why she lost.

Honestly - the GOP needs to just forget about trump and move on. The media and the dems love to keep him in the spotlight because it sells papers and it works up their base. Find the next strong candidate and put him in power and move on.
Trump is keeping his name in the news but is still yesterday’s man . DeSantis will be the next Republican nominee . I MO . Trump will stay relevant while DeSantis consolidates his base

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

What, exactly, does her fabulously-wealthy oligarchy of a state need done?

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Trump is keeping his name in the news but is still yesterday’s man . DeSantis will be the next Republican nominee . I MO . Trump will stay relevant while DeSantis consolidates his base
Quite possibly true. I'm sure trump will always be out there making noises but the sooner they pick a new leader the sooner they can move on,

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Quite possibly true. I'm sure trump will always be out there making noises but the sooner they pick a new leader the sooner they can move on,
Why ? They will have their primary in 2024 as always , and the nominee is not really the leader , simply the nominee control of the party still rests with the committee .
Trump is taking the heat ,leaving DeSantis to consolidate his base . Interesting times as the Democrats do not appear to have anyone to offer . Certainly not Vice President Harris .

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Well there's still a lot of division as there's a group who strongly wants him to run again. There's also a lot who won't consider supporting the party if he's going to be running again. Once that's put to bed and the issue is decided then everyone can relax and truly consolidate behind the new nominee. Prior to that potential candidates might make some headway but there will still be those who are either rooting for or worried about trump.