Do you really know Dalai lama?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Check the published photographs of the 14th Dalai Lama in his autobiography "My land and my people",1956, which I consider authentic.
Check the post 1980 photos of him, you will see a man with a smaller head, shorter body, and a lot of weight he put on to make himself look bigger.
My question is: where is the real 14th Dalai Lama? Is he dead or alive?

Have you considered he may have been reincarnated..........?

After the Dalai Lama suggested this week that he might be the last of his centuries-old line, the Chinese government rapped him sharply on the knuckles – by countering that he should respect the practice of reincarnation. That heralded a fight that may one day throw Tibet into chaos.

In an interview with German newspaper Welt am Sonntag, the exiled Dalai Lama said that his post could end with him. “If a weak Dalai Lama comes along, it will just disgrace the Dalai Lama,” he said. He has made other untraditional suggestions in the past, including that Tibetans might vote for his successor, or that he himself might name one. He has also made it clear that he would not choose to be reborn in Tibet if it was not free.

“The Chinese want a Dalai Lama, but they want their own Dalai Lama,” Prof. Sperling adds. “They think they could use someone under their control … to manipulate the Tibetans.”

Traditionally, when a Dalai Lama dies, his senior disciples lead a search for his reincarnation that can take years. Dreams, visions, and other signs point them to boys born around the time that the previous Dalai Lama died. If one of them recognizes items that belonged to the deceased leader, that is said to confirm his authenticity.

“Tibetan Buddhism does not belong to the Dalai himself and he cannot abolish the reincarnation system that has been carried on for five centuries with just one word,” wrote Qin Yongzhang, an ethnologist with the China Academy of Social Sciences, in the official Global Times newspaper this week.

Communist Party involvement

In 1995, he recalls, when the Dalai Lama chose a young boy to be the Panchen Lama, the second-highest figure in Tibetan Buddhism, the child and his family were immediately disappeared by Chinese security forces.

None of them have been seen since.

Beijing named another boy to be the Panchen Lama, but he has never won the trust or loyalty of Tibetans and spends most of his time in Beijing.

more

Tibet's Dalai Lama hints he could be the last in his line – and Beijing isn't having it - CSMonitor.com