DeBlasio: Free speech does not apply to beat cops

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
DeBlasio: Free speech does not apply to beat cops

An officer of the New York Police Department was suspended today without pay for exercising his first amendment right, However, PT News Network will be donating to this officer (or designated NYPD charity) as part of this Tuesday's Back the Blue episode to assist the officer during his suspension.

https://www.ptnewsnetwork.com/deblasio-free-speech-does-not-apply-to-beat-cops/

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Precisely. Football players can be fired for their speech, their conduct, or crimes.

See? You get it!

PLEASE, don't disappoint me by whimpering "But ya just can't. . ." Yes, you can. You just have to have a pair of balls.
Uh huh. In this age and time when it doesn't take much to be labeled a racist these days, when people will boycott your business and/or sponsors in an attempt to destroy your business, it would take a LOT more than just a pair of balls to fire athletes who take a knee during the anthem.

Although to be honest, I find playing the anthem before every goddam game to be pointless and a wee bit jingoistic. They're not marching off to war. It's not an international competition.

Hell, TSN doesn't even broadcast the playing of the anthem before games now, at least not before hockey games anyway

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Uh huh. In this age and time when it doesn't take much to be labeled a racist these days, when people will boycott your business and/or sponsors in an attempt to destroy your business, it would take a LOT more than just a pair of balls to fire athletes who take a knee during the anthem.
I know you hate freedom, but that's the way it goes, buddy. You're free to fire popular employees because you don't like their speech. And your customers are free to not do business with you.

I know, I know, when you heard "freedom and justice," you thought it was "freedom for just us," and you don't want anybody who disagrees with you to have the same freedom you claim for yourself. But it don't work that way.

And here's the other secret. There is a sharply limited supply of people who can throw a football accurately 70 yards and hit a moving target, or run past (or over) a 340-pound man who is being paid millions to stop them. That gives them value in the marketplace.

But you have my sympathy. I'm sorry you missed the days when you did what Mr. Scrooge said or your family starved. Or you did what the nice overseer said, or you were flogged to death and your family sold.

Poor soul, you were just born too late. And too far north.

Last edited: