CTV lesser then CBC? Recent Topics Problems

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
I replied to a news story, that is very important (2 soldiers dead today), in the CTV News child-forum of the "In the News" sub-forum. I made sure my post got through, and the post did not make it on the "Recent Topics" list.

I don't know about others, but I exclusively post based on email notifications and Recent Posts part at the top.

CBC doesn't have this story, as I would go in their, because they get on the recent topics list.

So how do I do this? My post will get very little views, if not in the recent posts section, and it could be considered "double posting" for me to repost the story in the main "In The News" section.

So what am I to do?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The CTV threads don't appear in the recent topics section, as you've pointed out. That was decided by choice because the recent topics area was being overwhelmed by newsbots.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
ok, I understand that... then what do I do?

Can I repost the news story (for future reference) in the main section of that sub-forum?

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Thank you for clearing things up Kreskin.

I was confused!

Anyways someone else posted that story.

Now, my other concern is, I prefer CTV media over CBC by far.

Is it at all possible to have a CTV vs. CBC debate, and maybe reconfirm CBC or change the news bot to CTV.

Maybe its just me, but I have always like CTV coverage better.

Or unless the newsbots have exclusive agreements with the site, etc. etc.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Thank you for clearing things up Kreskin.

I was confused!

Anyways someone else posted that story.

Now, my other concern is, I prefer CTV media over CBC by far.

Is it at all possible to have a CTV vs. CBC debate, and maybe reconfirm CBC or change the news bot to CTV.

Maybe its just me, but I have always like CTV coverage better.

Or unless the newsbots have exclusive agreements with the site, etc. etc.
I don't think it really matters. We can pass the suggestion on to Andem to see if there are any issues.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Thanks Kreskin, all my concerns have be dealt with! :D Sorry, for taking time away from your busy shed! :D

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Thanks Kreskin, all my concerns have be dealt with! :D Sorry, for taking time away from your busy shed! :D
No reason to be sorry. Andem pays me a humungous pile of money to be here. I will ask for a raise at our next conference in Whistler. ;-)

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
You get conferences in Whistler?

How middle class.

I go for business meetings in Detroit, its where the high-class go to, its the new secret hot spot

<wink>