*coolest* Christmas music

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
The only Christmas music I kind of like is by Boney M. They have all of the classics and they are semi-modernised. It's ok I guess :) I am kind of sick of xmas music up until this point in my life, so it's good alternative.

:D

EternalSunshine

Electoral Member
Jun 3, 2004
Montreal
I don't really enjoy Christmas music, it reminds me of malls and shopping and all the consumerism that goes with it, but I like it when Harry Connick Jr sings it (because I like him, he's cute and has great voice, and he's cute lol).

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Andem said:
The only Christmas music I kind of like is by Boney M. They have all of the classics and they are semi-modernised. It's ok I guess :) I am kind of sick of xmas music up until this point in my life, so it's good alternative.Me,too. I have another one I play this time of year [Phil Spector's Christmas Album]. From way back in the dark ages,Spike Jones' All I Want for Christmas Is my Two Front Teeth. I didn't think there were other people in the world with some of my tastes in stuff until I found this board. I'll probably stick around then..

:D

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Hey! Missile

Christmas is not Christmas without me hearing Ave Maria.

I think it goes back to when my oldest sister was choir director at our church when I was a kid.
I must have 20 different versions of Ave Maria.

My next favorite tune is Oh! Holy Night.

The worst was Merry Christmas by the Chipmunks!

Calm

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Another song I like hearing is Hard Candy Christmas by Dolly Parton-reminds me of the abject poverty I and my 4 sisters grew up in. I remember Mom put the orange into my stocking first because of the large holes in the toe area.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
My girls had those chipmunk records,and played them over and over until I wanted to break the damn things and toss them in the garbage.Yeah,they are cute the first few times you have to listen to them-just imagine 100's of hearing the same squeaky voices [you'll go nuts,I tell you!] Every now and then,a fragment of one of their songs will drift through my mind,no matter how hard I have tried to forget them.

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Hey! Missile

My Mom begged me to quit playing Roy Orbison. Almost as many times as she asked me to quit drowning myself in Brute colonge, or Old Spice after shave.

I used to put so much brylcream in my hair that when I watching TV and having my head resting against the wall behind the couch, the wallpaper got all stained!

My Dad was a miner and he was paid a production bonus. He earned the highest bonus every year.
The only time I saw my Dad in a good mood was when he was off to work. He actually whistled tunes while waiting for his ride.
So, we were not poor.
My mom was a gourmet cook. She was a pastry chef. She used to sell homemade bread. I never got to watch Lassie on TV because me and my twin were out everyday after school delivering bread.
My Dad had a huge garden. He pickled and canned everything imaginable.

But, just because we were eatin' good ..... means nothing. I was raised in a very cruel and unusual environment.

Calm