Compilation on the Oneness of Religion

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
O Jews! If ye be intent on crucifying once again Jesus, the Spirit of God, put Me to death, for He hath once more, in My person, been made manifest unto you. Deal with Me as ye wish, for I have vowed to lay down My life in the path of God. I will fear no one, though the powers of earth and heaven be leagued against Me. Followers of the Gospel! If ye cherish the desire to slay Muhammad, the Apostle of God, seize Me and put an end to My life, for I am He, and My Self is His Self. Do unto Me as ye like, for the deepest longing of Mine heart is to attain the presence of My Best-Beloved in His Kingdom of Glory. Such is the Divine decree, if ye know it. Followers of Muhammad! If it be your wish to riddle with your shafts the breast of Him Who hath caused His Book the Bayán to be sent down unto you, lay hands on Me and persecute Me, for I am His Well-Beloved, the revelation of His own Self, though My name be not His name. I have come in the shadows of the clouds of glory, and am invested by God with invincible sovereignty. He, verily, is the Truth, the Knower of things unseen. I, verily, anticipate from you the treatment ye have accorded unto Him that came before Me. To this all things, verily, witness, if ye be of those who hearken. O people of the Bayán! If ye have resolved to shed the blood of Him Whose coming the Báb hath proclaimed, Whose advent Muhammad hath prophesied, and Whose Revelation Jesus Christ Himself hath announced, behold Me standing, ready and defenseless, before you. Deal with Me after your own desires.
("Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá'u'lláh" (Wilmette: Bahá'í Publishing Trust, 1983), sec. 47, pp. 101-2)

"This is the changeless Faith of God, eternal in the past, eternal in the future." -- Bahá'u'lláh

These sanctified Mirrors...are, one and all, the Exponents on earth of Him Who is the central Orb of the universe, its Essence and ultimate Purpose. From Him proceed their knowledge and power; from Him is derived their sovereignty. The beauty of their countenance is but a reflection of His image, and their revelation a sign of His deathless glory.-- Bahá'u'lláh

Beware, O believers in the Unity of God, lest ye be tempted to make any distinction between any of the Manifestations of His Cause, or to discriminate against the signs that have accompanied and proclaimed their Revelation. This indeed is the true meaning of Divine unity.... Be ye assured, moreover, that the works and acts of each and every one of these Manifestations of God ... are all ordained by God, and are a reflection of His will and Purpose. Whoso maketh the slightest possible difference between their persons, their words, their messages, their acts and manners, hath indeed disbelieved in God, hath repudiated His signs and betrayed the Cause of His Messengers.-- Bahá'u'lláh

It is clear and evident ... that all the Prophets are the Temples of the Cause of God, Who have appeared clothed in divers attire. If thou wilt observe with discriminating eyes, thou wilt behold Them all abiding in the same tabernacle, soaring in the same heaven, seated upon the same throne, uttering the same speech, and proclaiming the same Faith.... Wherefore, should one of these Manifestations of Holiness proclaim saying: 'I am the return of all the Prophets,' He, verily, speaketh the truth. In like manner, in every subsequent Revelation, the return of the former Revelation is a fact, the truth of which is firmly established...."-- Bahá'u'lláh

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
I am not sure what you are asking for either, Machjo.

As for oneness, I will say my view is that all religions (or should I say philosophies) are mere absraction layers each providing a different way of depicting and attempting to explain the "human condition".

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Oh.

With other Pagan religions, there is pretty good relations except we don't want the distinction of a pagan. In records we are recognized as Heathens or Asatru people.

Christians, not so good, with misconceptions in America and racism in South America and in Russia.

Good relations with Muslims and Hindus. Okay relations with Jews.

vishliberal

Nominee Member
Feb 20, 2006
TORONTO
Hindus are very open to other religions. Basically as one of our other members put it:
"As for oneness, I will say my view is that all religions (or should I say philosophies) are mere absraction layers each providing a different way of depicting and attempting to explain the "human condition". "

cortezzz

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2006
personally a feel a twoness

no wait..its more like a 2.5 ness

no

a 2.55ness

yes thats it

a 2.55ness

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Acording to "The Song Of God" Bhagavad-Gita
"At the core of the Perennial Philosophies we find Four fundimental Doctrines........
First: the phenomenal world of matter and of individualized consciousness- the world of things and animals and men and even gods- is the manifestation of a Divine Ground within which all partial realities have their being, and apart from which they'd be nonexistant.

Second: human beings are capable not merely of knowing about the Divine Ground by inference; they can also realize its existance by direct intuition, superior to discursive reasoning. This immediate knowledge unites the knower with that which is known.

Third: man possesses a double natuer, a phenomenal ego and eternal Self, which is the inner man, if he so desires, to identify himself with the spirit and therefore with the Divine Ground, which is of the same or the like nature with the spirit.

Forth: man's life on earth has only one end and purpose: to identify himself with his eternal Self and so to come to unitive knowledge of the Divine Ground.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
"I have never met a person whose greatest need was anything other than real,
unconditional love. You can find it in a simple act of kindness toward someone
who needs help. There is no mistaking love. You feel it in your heart. It is the
common fiber of life, the flame that heats our soul, energizes our spirit and
supplies passion to our lives. It is our connection to God and to each other. "
– Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

I'd concider that the greatest oness there is...Love.