Comparing Independent isps with the big guys

Cyberm4n

Electoral Member
Jun 6, 2002
Toronto
hi everybody

ok, i'm interested in broadband stuff and computers, that's what got me to join these forums over a year ago. since this forum has died and it was my favourite, i want to get everyone to post their experience with independent isps.

include comparison with sympatico or shaw or videotron or rogers, whatever you want. just want to get an overall sense of how the market has changed.

Cyberm4n

Electoral Member
Jun 6, 2002
Toronto
ok, i will start:

I am with sympatico ultra.

I have been with rogers, shaw and regular sympatico. i started off on shaw, then moved, then went over to sympatico, then when they put bitcaps, i went to rogers. rogers cable was then my area cable company.

Now sympatico got rid of the caps, I am back with them on ultra. I almost want to go back with cable because i am constantly experiencing difficulties with line speed etc.

I just also want to note that when i left sympatico originally to go with cable, i got telemarketers calling me every week, and sometimes more than twice a week. they were trying to sell me sympatico and the 'never call here again thing' didnt work :O

They still telemarket me for random things every now and then, it is ultra-annoying to get telemarketers called me for ultra-hispeed. i already subscribe to it.

now i want to know if theres any good smaller guys out there you can recommend?