Cold Lake,Alberta.

xjoffroad

Sep 24, 2005
P.E.I.
Hey all.Anyone live in Cold Lake?Im thinking I may move there and im looking for more info about decent jobs,cost of living and such.Thanks for the help.

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton
Gah..what the hell would you be doing moving to Cold Lake? hahaha.

It's not bad. It's very much of a military town and almost all the jobs are in that or related industries.

Not sure what the cost of living is...

Hank C

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2006
Calgary, AB
Why Cold Lake, family there? Because if you going to move to Alberta I would recommend one of the medium sized centers such as Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat....that is if you don't want to move to Edmonton or Calgary. There are also lots of younger people in the towns of Banff and Jasper.

But if your set on Cold Lake I'm sure the housing will be relatively inexpensive, but I am not sure about the job prospects there.

Oh yea and there is always Ft Mcmurray!!

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton
Fort McMurray is fine if you want to donate your first born to pay for one months rent....lol.

I agree with Hank..the middle centres are the best..Reddeer is booming.

But Cold Lake is still very good though...

xjoffroad

Sep 24, 2005
P.E.I.
We have friends that are moving back there and thought we may tag along.Were more like small city/town type people.Im a carpenter so i imagine there would be quite a bit of work.I may just come out for a few weeks and look around a bit and see whats around.Im tired of marintime living with small pay and big taxes.Like to try to get ahead a bit and figure Alberta's the place to go from what i hear.

lena

Electoral Member
Feb 20, 2005
ab
Hey I'm from cold lake......great place...a wonderful mix of EVERYTHING...other posts don't count lol..Late posting a usshhhhh

Clara Lights

Feb 12, 2007
Looking for a job and place to stay

Anyoneknow if cold is hiring Heavy Equipment operators, I need a job willing to move tomorrow if hired.Is there any camps to stay at????? If anyone has any leads on this job PLEASE let me know.
tanking you in advance.

Clara Lights

Feb 12, 2007
Looking for a job and place to stay

Anyone know if any Cold Lake Companies is hiring Heavy Equipment operators, I need a job willing to move tomorrow if hired. Is there any camps to stay at????? If anyone has any leads on these jobs PLEASE let me know.
tanking you in advance.