Climate shock

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
It's has been pushing 30 degrees the last couple days (though it's supposed to cool off for a few days).

Last night, the Global News broadcast from Vancouver (they are very much aware that they broadcast to all of BC) noted on their Weather forecast that the weekend saw over one hundred record highs broken - all over the province.
It's quite amazing really - at 9:20pm, we still have the slider and several windows open..... unreal. 8)

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Its the same here, like the middle of summer. Everything is bursting out of the ground in the garden. I would not be surprised if people were actually swimming today.

HOCK

Nominee Member
Feb 18, 2005
Kingston, Ontario
Some of the Northern states and parts of south western Ontario had up to 45cm of snow over the past weekend. The trees are just starting to bud and the tulips are about 6" out of the ground. Kingston, this morning, 10C and rain.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
This makes you appreciate just how large an area our country encompasses,eh? From the Tropics Of BC to the frozen tundra and the near Springlike conditions of the Maritimes..[It almost hit 13 here today!]

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Until Quebec decides if they are staying or going,we are the 2nd largest country on Earth. but,Vancouver has to be one of the coolest places anywhere--a tropical rain forest right in Stanley Park!

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
yeah, that's one way to describe it!

no, i love vancouver, the view when you go over those bridges at night it amazing. beautiful city with the backdrop of the mountains. just don't want to live there....

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Victoria was one of the two places I would love to live in if I had the money; the other was St.Andrews,N.B. Most of all the family I have left are in this area and I like being close to them[another reason for staying.]

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
No I did not see the picture, I don't read the colonist. But I did see a pic of bush holding hands with that king. mmmmmmmmmm hope bobsponge square pants says something about that. :twisted:

Robbin

Mar 28, 2005
amazon, what happened to the rain?

Ten Packs said:
It's has been pushing 30 degrees the last couple days (though it's supposed to cool off for a few days).

Last night, the Global News broadcast from Vancouver (they are very much aware that they broadcast to all of BC) noted on their Weather forecast that the weekend saw over one hundred record highs broken - all over the province.
It's quite amazing really - at 9:20pm, we still have the slider and several windows open..... unreal. 8)

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
It is so hot here. I was talking to family in Regina and it has been quite cool if not cold their, especially for this time of year. Now if that isn't global warming screwing up environment, I don't know what is.