CCS: Carbon Capture and Storage

cyberclark

Electoral Member
Here is a link to a good article on CCAlberta--The Details: Billions for Carbon Capture:Report 2. It will give you an idea of what you reasonably can expect for CCS. The Weyburn plan is a good one; a work in progress where as the Alberta plan is a Taxpayer Rip off. conservative idiot dance in full progress!

Liepert is saying we have 25 billion coming in on royalty which again is more BS. I am all for CCS but I am totally against the snow job the Alberta Conservatives are pushing.

How can there possibly be a 25 billion dollar royalty bump when, the royalty for this segment of the drilling industry is down to 5% Canadian which is not even a break even number. His plan is in for 5 years at which time it will be all over.

It means we are paying them to drill which born out by companies reporting a million dollars profits and no production.

Alberta's scheme leaves little in the S part of the CCS! The Co2 does not force oil up, It is a solvent that thins the existing oil making it easier to draw.

However, after the C02 saturated oil starts up the tube the gas expands violently (it is now very hot, not atmospheric temperature) thereby giving a major kick to the oil coming up; increasing over all pressure over 100 times!

Loose Lips Liepert spins numbers like a chicken with the trots! A mess everywhere!

The word from the Weyburn patch is the gas escapes with the sound of a jet engine running upwards to several hours ahead of the appearance of oil. Weyburn as of 1/12 years ago were embarking on a program to determine how much, if any CO2 actually stays down the hole. Nothing back yet from there results.

This whole Alberta program directs billions of taxpayer dollars into the oil industry still again!

cyberclark

Electoral Member
Here is a link to a good article on CCAlberta--The Details: Billions for Carbon Capture:Report 2. It will give you an idea of what you reasonably can expect for CCS. The Weyburn plan is a good one; a work in progress where as the Alberta plan is a Taxpayer Rip off. conservative idiot dance in full progress!

Liepert is saying we have 25 billion coming in on royalty which again is more BS. I am all for CCS but I am totally against the snow job the Alberta Conservatives are pushing.

How can there possibly be a 25 billion dollar royalty bump when, the royalty for this segment of the drilling industry is down to 5% Canadian which is not even a break even number. His plan is in for 5 years at which time it will be all over.

It means we are paying them to drill which born out by companies reporting a million dollars profits and no production.

Alberta's scheme leaves little in the S part of the CCS! The Co2 does not force oil up, It is a solvent that thins the existing oil making it easier to draw.

However, after the C02 saturated oil starts up the tube the gas expands violently (it is now very hot, not atmospheric temperature) thereby giving a major kick to the oil coming up; increasing over all pressure over 100 times!

Loose Lips Liepert spins numbers like a chicken with the trots! A mess everywhere!

The word from the Weyburn patch is the gas escapes with the sound of a jet engine running upwards to several hours ahead of the appearance of oil. Weyburn as of 1/12 years ago were embarking on a program to determine how much, if any CO2 actually stays down the hole. Nothing back yet from there results.

This whole Alberta program directs billions of taxpayer dollars into the oil industry still again!
Sorry folks; I put up the wrong link; You should find as promised here: Alberta--The Details: Alberta carbon sequestor program.

Sorry folks; I put up the wrong link; You should find as promised here: Alberta--The Details: Alberta carbon sequestor program.
Dam; I have mouse problems: Will try again, Here::Alberta--The Details: Alberta carbon sequestor program.