Can't Sleep

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
Just got back from a little party, it's past 3:00 here. And I can't sleep. I don't feel like sleeping frankly. I'm now at the point of wanting to stay up 'til 7:00 in the morning, but hey, I can't, I have stuff to do "tomorrow" (today, that is). *sigh* I'm all wet by the way, it was raining when I was cycling back home, took me some 20 minutes, enough to make me thorougly wet. Wish I had a car ... and a driver's license :wink:

Oh well ...

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
Nah - stick with the bike, RIck; it's better for your heart (and your soul). And it's not like you've got any hills to pedal up.

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
:lol: That's true! No hills, no nothing. Flat as far as you can see it. Normally I do not dislike bicking, but when it rains really hard, or I have to bike for some 45 minutes to get somewhere ... a car wouldn't be that bad? :wink: It seems you are pretty up late as well, Henri. How come? Excited by the elections? :wink: Did you vote today?

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
I was up all night listening to the election results, Rick. I did vote, for what it's worth under our unsatisfactory electoral system. (Yawn ... I could bore for Britain on that subject, Rick. Ask me next time you can't sleep :wink: )

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
You gotta lock everything up now bigh, no matter where you live :twisted: Unless you live in my home town. 8) Last time I checked their message board, everyone was tracking a odd little man going door to door selling cookware, far to cheap! suspicion! Alas, since having words with baby coho, about her continual win at the fall fair with tomatoes (which I suspect, is really from her mothers garden, a cheat!) I have not gone back to see what has become of the door to door cookware man. Perhaps he stole my bike. :twisted:

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
You'd have heard the clanging if he'd done it, P.
I built a high security shed for my bike, with a great big cast iron anchor cemented to the floor, and a ludicrously expensive 'unbreakable' U-lock. Then I read on the net that these locks could be opened with the end of a disposable ballpen. Grrrrrrr.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well I have my suspicions bigh...I think Aupook stole my bike 8O or maybe he looks at it, like he borrowed it. Aupook has flipped his biscuit, since he went off his medication. And he is not allowed in my yard anymore, until he goes back on his meds :wink:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well he must have creept into the yard bigh late at night, on his tiptoes. I keep my bike in the garden shed, I hide the key in a secret place, now awhile back, when I gave aupook that annoying gnome, he saw where I put the key....circumstantial, but I think I could convict! as soon as I see if the garden gloves fit or not! :twisted:

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
You should get stones instead of lawn, like me, You can here those pesky bike thieves crunch! And get an alarm for your shed P. Get one of those personal alarms - you know, with the string you pull out to set it off - but it on the back of the door and attach the string to a hook on the door frame. Doors opens, and hey presto! Busted ears drums for your errant cyclist of others' bikes. Of course, you'll forget it's there, as I do, and set it off every time you use your own shed, but it's cheap and effective.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
hehehe the stones are a brilliant idea bigh, just for the crunching sound alone. :p however, over here our yards are bigger than a postage stamp. :p I already grow a certain grass, just for its russle, maybe some crunch from stones would make some good garden salsa music :p BigH I do not want any alarms, personal or otherwise. I would probally have to remember some numbers or codes. Blah! to all that bigH, codes for this, numbers for this, if I did all that...when would I be smelling the flowers bigh....uh?

Frappuccino Dibs

Electoral Member
Apr 25, 2005
Postage stamp! Our gardens actually a fairly reasonable size.

Anyway - to the point: I can't sleep either. I've been trying too, but people just keep putting work in my in-tray ;-)

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
Hard-Luck Henry said:
I was up all night listening to the election results, Rick. I did vote, for what it's worth under our unsatisfactory electoral system. (Yawn ... I could bore for Britain on that subject, Rick. Ask me next time you can't sleep :wink: )
OK, I will :wink: Not tonight though, have to be up early again tomorrow :lol: